Cowboys Fans have targeted Houston

lostnmexico

Official Dallas Vs. Atlanta Thread

posted at 10/19/2009 6:14 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

*Moderator*

saltwaterservr

First: 10/23/2008

Last: 10/20/2009

Something I picked up from reading their boards, they have a huge liability at RCB. Chris Houston is his name, pass interference and giving up the big play is his game.

I couldn't track down any metrics for him, but I've got a thread on another board asking for assistance on that.

NFL.com lists him at 5'11", but comparing him to Ben Watson on a play against New England it looks like they might have stretched that a bit.

I'm looking through Atlanta's highlights and see he gave up these plays:

28 yards to Steve Smith, completely out of position on the post route

18 yards to Steve Smith on the next series

20 yards to Steve Smith in the 3rd quarter

Had an interception to seal the game

23 yards to Ben Watson, Brady just lofted it over his head. (ROY!)

4th and 1, allowed an 8 yard completion to Randy Moss.

12 yards to Hester

23 yard TD to Johnny Knox

23 yard pass interference call against Houston covering Knox

34 yards to Devin Hester

6 yards to Hester

I'm thinking that Mr. Miles Austin might be measuring the miles between Austin and Houston quite a bit this game.

Of other scouting reports, some fans say Atlanta's defensive line is decent, others say bad. NFL.com says they are allowing 4.7 per carry and rank 23rd against the run.

23rd against the run, 23rd overall, 21st against the pass, but don't give up a lot of points.

Their run defense is an enigma. They gave up 7.2 per carry to Jonathan Stewart who, the very next week, gashed Dallas for negative 1 yards. DeAngelo Williams had a better day against us though strictly looking at YPC. It looked to a small extent tonight that they might be a bit vulnerable to quickness on the edges and I give us a HUGE advantage in that department with Martellus, Witten, and Deon blocking.

Offensively, Michael Turner is averaging 3.5 per carry which is a full yard per carry less than 2008. Jerious Norwood has 4.1 as their change of pace back.

Everybody stood up and remembered Roddy White last week, but all in all he beat the same cornberback that Kevin Ogletree abused in preseason and Terrell Owens torched for 200+ last season too. Outside of that game against San Fran, he's averaging 9.2 yards per catch or 1/10th of a yard per catch LESS than Jason Witten.

Tony Gonzalez is Tony Gonzalez. He's good but I cannot stress enough how important it is that we have Gerald Sensabaugh back this week to cover him. Gerald has been GREAT at covering TE's so far this season. Sensabaugh will be a key component in shutting down the passing attack of Atlanta.

Their #2 WR is Mike Jenkins. He's got Crayton-like numbers for his career, but did put up almost 800 last season once he got a QB who played QB. I would expect Jenkins on Jenkins purty much the whole game and I feel strongly that this match-up favors our side greatly.

Atlanta might be 4-1 but we match up EXCEPTIONALLY well against them offensively and defensively at almost every single position.

Their fans on their forums are looking past us to New Orleans in two weeks, but I feel they are in for a HUGE shock.

Dallas wins a hard-fought game, shoots ourselves in the foot once or twice, but ends up something like 27-17 or 35-24. Miles might have 150 yards against Houston, our offensive line blows up their defensive line, and Romo goes back to back games with 2 TD's and no interceptions.

My take: Fat chance moron the moderator sees a Dallas Defeat with the other 99,999 fans. We know Wade Phillips. We Know Kieth Brooking. We Know Allen Rossum. You got a team of Falcon's Rejects! Turner goes for 150 and two TDs. Tony G does too!

I dont argue that Houston is a liability but Miles getting 150? Why because he lit up KC? ahahahahah

Austin either had a break out game or a once in a career game. I guess we'll find out which one it was Sunday, but yeah - 150 yd game? I'm thinking - no.

And BTW - I just noticed: We could see a Houston / Austin match up in Dallas....................too weird!! :D

The one thing I totally agree with the Cowboys message board is that a lot of posters are totally overlooking Dallas and looking at the Saints game. I really wish people would stop talking about the Saints. Dallas will kick our arses if we are not ready to play.

It is kind of funny how everyone thinks they match up with us, but I guess we do that too. Offensively the only thing that worries me about Dallas is if they get a running game going and Romo is then allowed to open it up a little bit. I think the key to this game is going to be stopping their run and getting a two score lead. Then we can pin our ears back and go after Romo. He has some mobility but I don't think he works well under pressure and we can really abuse their offense if we can go up by 8+ points early.

I think we really need to score on our first two or three possessions. At least come away with 10 points. If we can do that than we can take it to the Cowboys. If we get into a back and forth game we might be in trouble.

Its funny how they say Roddy White had a fantisic game against the 9ers but haven't done much otherwise. If I can recall Eli and the Giants no name receivers had a field day with their defense. The last time I check Falcons offense is better than the Giants.

I hate that. If you take away the games when he played well, he hasn't played well at all. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lucky_Tom

I like how he uses the fact some fans are looking past Dallas straight at New Orleans.

I've never been aware that us as fans looking ahead affects our coaching. Mike Smith will certainly not allow the players to do so, he's just desperate for extra 'ammunition'.

Sensabaugh has covered Tight Ends quite well, but Gonzalez, no chance.

I like how he uses the fact some fans are looking past Dallas straight at New Orleans.

I've never been aware that us as fans looking ahead affects our coaching. Mike Smith will certainly not allow the players to do so, he's just desperate for extra 'ammunition'.

Sensabaugh has covered Tight Ends quite well, but Gonzalez, no chance.

Exactly! Like fans on a MB are gonna have any effect on our team Sunday.

Official Dallas Vs. Atlanta Thread

posted at 10/19/2009 6:14 AM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

*Moderator*

saltwaterservr

First: 10/23/2008

Last: 10/20/2009

Something I picked up from reading their boards, they have a huge liability at RCB. Chris Houston is his name, pass interference and giving up the big play is his game.

They dump on him b/c we do.

Austin either had a break out game or a once in a career game. I guess we'll find out which one it was Sunday, but yeah - 150 yd game? I'm thinking - no.

And BTW - I just noticed: We could see a Houston / Austin match up in Dallas....................too weird!! :D

We could and probably will see a Mike Jenkins on Mike Jenkins matchup as well lol.