Jam looked like a force against the Bears

He can use it all the time at DT. The Bull Rush. I dont believe the Bears figured he would be such a force inside and in all honesty not a lot of Falcon Fans believed he could be that much of a force inside. But he was, and our D-line constently hit Jack Cutler. Most of the time Jay could not move up in the pocket because Jam was taking care of business and pushing his man back into the QB.

We know he can play the run very well and he has shown that but the loss of Peria Jerry doesnt hurt so bad when you can move Jamaal inside on passing situations and get good pressure from him. I'm very excited not only for him but the Defense as a whole, because Jam looked like he improved the Defense last nigth, And it showed, when he is playing well this D-line is pretty good.

By the way Kroy Biermann was huge Sunday Night, what a find he was.

I couldn't agree more. Jamaal has put together two pretty impressive games. What is more impressive is Smitty/VG having him drop back into coverage in the blitz schemes as well. Awesome move getting Jamaal over the Center. Jamaal has also shown a maturity and work ethic to get to where he is.

Jamaal was recruited to Arkansas as a big WR then moved to defense. Babineaux was a FB recruit to Iowa. Both are athletic and physical and I love our new rotation on the DL.

Jamaal will also continue to improve I think. He is a lot stronger than many people realize.

Agreed. I think Jamaal's biggest problem at DE was that he was trying too hard to get the OT to completely whiff on him, where as a DE needs to (in Jared Allen's words) eliminate as much space between his body and the OT's body as quickly as possible. Jamaal is now being forced to eliminate that space and thus the sum of his parts is finally coming together. He's finally realizing his potential.

Jamaal will also continue to improve I think. He is a lot stronger than many people realize.

Definaltey, and he is putting together some good games here so I'm hoping that he gains the confidence needed to get the job done, day in and day out. I have always liked Jamaal but I have to admit he has shown us that he is a below average player. BUT NOW its starting to click, and when he clicks this D-line clicks. And even though he still is not getting the sakcs everyone wants, if he keeps playing how he did Sunday night and the D-line keeps playing how they did as a result of Jamaal, then we will truly be getting the value of a 1st rd. pick. The numbers might not be great but the impact he has is huge.

Cynical! I can respect that. But if Peterson, Lofton, and Nicholas are makin their tackles, then Jamaal is doing his job!

They have been making their tackles, too!

Methinks Lord Dark Helmet just likes sarcasm.

Use the Force! Find your Footbal IQ! Jamaal.......Jamaal....He's your father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I couldn't agree more. Jamaal has put together two pretty impressive games. What is more impressive is Smitty/VG having him drop back into coverage in the blitz schemes as well. Awesome move getting Jamaal over the Center. Jamaal has also shown a maturity and work ethic to get to where he is.

Jamaal was recruited to Arkansas as a big WR then moved to defense. Babineaux was a FB recruit to Iowa. Both are athletic and physical and I love our new rotation on the DL.

You know, conditioning for DE is different than for DT...if Jamaal went thru an offseason getting into DT shape, he might be able to add 10 or 12 lbs, be close to a 300 pounder, and be even more effective.

**** yes Jamaal is a FORCE!!!

2 tackles, 2 assisted tackles, 2 QB hits, 1 QB hurry, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 tackles for loss, 0 passes defended, 0 INT's

Probably the best 2 games for any DT in history.

In the words of Catchless Price( but slightly modified. I HATE YOU. Just kidding, it's always interesting to see what you have to say.

Not.

Cynical! I can respect that. But if Peterson, Lofton, and Nicholas are makin their tackles, then Jamaal is doing his job!

They have been making their tackles, too!

Methinks Lord Dark Helmet just likes sarcasm.

Use the Force! Find your Footbal IQ! Jamaal.......Jamaal....He's your father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Spaceballs.gif

LDH...it's not all about the stats. It's about the way he's playing the game. And he's pushing the pocket. And he's taking up blockers in the run game. That's what he's supposed to be doing. Not sure if you've noticed or not, but when he DOES play DT, he's in at the NT spot.

LDH...it's not all about the stats. It's about the way he's playing the game. And he's pushing the pocket. And he's taking up blockers in the run game. That's what he's supposed to be doing. Not sure if you've noticed or not, but when he DOES play DT, he's in at the NT spot.

OK. Well let's say he is taking up space. But he isn't a force. Let's not act like he is Albert Haynesworth or Shaun Rogers or Kevin Williams. Those guys take up blockers, push the pocket, and get top notch stats. In fact, I think I could name 30 or 40 DT's that do exactly what Jamaal does, and still gets sacks, tackles and tackles for loss.

How many of those DTs have only started 2 games at DT in their entire football career?

Which proves my point. The guy is garbage. He didn't do anything at DE and he won't do anything at NT. He has just about the same stats as the 1st round DT's taken in the draft this year and these guys are not even starting. Jamaal has a few years experience in the NFL.

Edited by Lord Dark Helmet

2 tackles, 2 assisted tackles, 2 QB hits, 1 QB hurry, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 tackles for loss, 0 passes defended, 0 INT's

Where are you getting your stats?

I know he got at least 2 passes defensed in the Bears game alone. Also, if I'm not mistaken he has the most QB hurries this season so far.

I would question anyone who says he only had one hurry... he has forced several passes before they were intended.