WalterFootball Mock 10/17

A-TowN.-

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010matt_1.php

25. Atlanta Falcons: Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

The Falcons need to address their talent at corner. Brian Williams is playing solid ball for them this season. I am not hating, but I don't feel like he is a long-term solution. Chris Houston is also not a top-five corner in the NFL and I'm not sure he ever will be. The Falcons pass defense has been very good this year (8th in defensive yards per attempt), but with the offense being practically set, I went with a cornerback. A defensive end is a possibility here as well, but I have a feeling Falcons fans are going to freak out on me with this pick.

I wish!!

I wouldn't have any issue with this pick, though I have only watched him for a few minutes thus far. I would personally much rather get Everson Griffen, who probably isn't assumed to be in this draft. I would love to get Greg Hardy if I had any confidence in him developing into a stud LE despite his character/attitude and his injury concerns, but I really can't say that I do.

I am also a little surprised to hear that they think Bulaga is a RT not a LT. I suppose I'll have to watch him some more. I was at the Wisconsin-Iowa game and he looked good in pass pro against O'Brien Schofield who is quick off the snap and has a fantastic motor, though he did get by him with a nice spin move once at least. We will have to see, I haven't scouted him specifically yet.

I am glad, however, that someone else thinks Charles Brown, LT, Southern Cal is good besides me. He is a perfect fit for a ZBS at LT and if the Packers don't pick him in the 1st round they are absolutely ********. He is a top 15-20 pick and I almost had him as a sleeper before the season started since most sites I saw had him projected as a mid-2nd/3rd round pick. I thought he would shoot up into top 25 consideration and I am even more confident that he has top 15-20 talent. If the Packers pick in the mid 1st round like I think they will they would have to be absolutely nuts to not draft this kid, especially given Clifton's injury history and their horrible starters and depth along the OL.

I want to see what Owens can do. I think that a future CB tandem of Hill and Owens would work well.

In this mock draft, I would prefer to take J Gresham. I know he is hurt, but his potential is very high. I would draft him, rest and rehab his knee and let him learn from Gonzalez. Gresham is a future star and taking him late in the first round would be a steal.

I wouldn't have any issue with this pick, though I have only watched him for a few minutes thus far. I would personally much rather get Everson Griffen, who probably isn't assumed to be in this draft. I would love to get Greg Hardy if I had any confidence in him developing into a stud LE despite his character/attitude and his injury concerns, but I really can't say that I do.

I am also a little surprised to hear that they think Bulaga is a RT not a LT. I suppose I'll have to watch him some more. I was at the Wisconsin-Iowa game and he looked good in pass pro against O'Brien Schofield who is quick off the snap and has a fantastic motor, though he did get by him with a nice spin move once at least. We will have to see, I haven't scouted him specifically yet.

I am glad, however, that someone else thinks Charles Brown, LT, Southern Cal is good besides me. He is a perfect fit for a ZBS at LT and if the Packers don't pick him in the 1st round they are absolutely ********. He is a top 15-20 pick and I almost had him as a sleeper before the season started since most sites I saw had him projected as a mid-2nd/3rd round pick. I thought he would shoot up into top 25 consideration and I am even more confident that he has top 15-20 talent. If the Packers pick in the mid 1st round like I think they will they would have to be absolutely nuts to not draft this kid, especially given Clifton's injury history and their horrible starters and depth along the OL.

I think Trevard is the only shut-down projected CB worth a first or second round pick. I like Cox a lot for the later rounds, but if I had to pick another CB aside from him, Lindley would be the one. Great cover CB, and seems to have great awareness of his area.

Griffen is great and would be a great LDE for us, I also like Graham a lot too. My only thing with Griffen, is that he never really tried last year and it disappointed me, I figured he'd be like another Hardy. With that said, I would love to get either one of them, they both have great potential and can be elite players. The only thing stopping them is the character issues, which can be helped with maturity. I can only wish we would get them.

As most teams , we should be looking hard for a dominate CB, NT, DE, and FS. Maybe a LB latter in the draft. Then I think on O# we should be looking first for a RB and always looking for a steal on the OL, and yes we do have the best OL in the history of the Falcons, believe me I know. We need to keep it that way to stay close to the top.

Now that's 7 players. If we get another pick we may need to pick up a 2nd CB.