SEC: No video proof of Sheppard foul

Cable Guy

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- The Southeastern Conference says there's no video evidence to support the personal foul call against Arkansas' Malcolm Sheppard in the fourth quarter of the Razorbacks' 23-20 loss to Florida.

The penalty gave the Gators the ball on the Arkansas 10-yard line, and they scored on the next play to tie the game at 20. Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long said Monday the school had expressed its concerns to the league.

The league said schools can send in plays after each game for review. The SEC said it told Arkansas "there was no evidence on the video to support the personal foul penalty."

It was the same group of officials that called the LSU-Georgia game earlier this month, which included a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty the league said shouldn't have been called.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Screw up on a job enough and you lose it, this should be no different. Problem is as long as human beings are doing it there will always be mistakes...

I do agree with that, but I have read that some refs are alumni from SEC schools or a teams rival and will make calls that will make things more difficult for the team they don't prefer. Or better yet they show favoritism towards a certain team in a game.

Screw up on a job enough and you lose it, this should be no different. Problem is as long as human beings are doing it there will always be mistakes...

But so far all we have gotten from the SEC when the same crew is making the same mistakes time and again is a shrug of the shoulders and a "sorry".

Not exactly my idea of being held accountable.

Like I said in other threads, I don't think that this is intentional corruption, but perception becomes reality. Especially when the entire nation gets a good look at it first hand. The SEC had better get out ahead of this before the national perception of corruption sticks to them.

Edited by Gritzblitz 2.0

But so far all we have gotten from the SEC when the same crews is making the same mistakes time and again is a shrug of the shoulders and a "sorry".

Not exactly my idea of being held accountable.

Like I said in other threads, I don't think that this is intentional corruption, but perception becomes reality. Especially when the entire nation gets a good look at it first hand. The SEC had better get out ahead of this before the national perception of corruption sticks to them.

Yep they are not being held accountable at all. They continue to make mistakes and it's also clear some teams are getting the calls more than others. The national perception of the SEC regarding the officiating is getting worse. The AJ Green horrible call blew up nationally. It was on almost every national show the week after the game. They tried to shut it up by coming out quickly and saying our bad, but it wasn't good enough. The calls against Arkansas have been all over the national shows with some strong rebukes from the media in how that game was affected by those calls.

Yep they are not being held accountable at all. They continue to make mistakes and it's also clear some teams are getting the calls more than others. The national perception of the SEC regarding the officiating is getting worse. The AJ Green horrible call blew up nationally. It was on almost every national show the week after the game. They tried to shut it up by coming out quickly and saying our bad, but it wasn't good enough. The calls against Arkansas have been all over the national shows with some strong rebukes from the media in how that game was affected by those calls.

You know it's bad when you have pro athletes calling you out on twitter.