1. 1. Who gets the HSA for Game 5?

• Safety Thomas DeCoud # 28
    • DT Jonathon Babineaux # 95
    • DE Jamaal Anderson #98 (Playing DT)
    • WR Eric Weems #14 (Special Teams)
    • Brian VanGorder & the Entire Falcons Defense
    • Paul Boudeau & the Offinsive Line

-Safety Thomas DeCoud #28

For: 1st and 2nd quarter interceptions that ended threatening Bearz drives and kept us in the game while our offensive struggled to get in the game.

-DT Jonathon Babineaux #95

For: Big Time Hit that forced the fumble on 3rd & goal for da Bearz to end that fantastic and hair raising goal line stand in the 3rd quarter.

-DE Jamaal Anderson #98

For: Playing his heart out in a disruptive fashion all night long at his new DT/NT position and silencing any of his critics that have any sense.

-WR Eric Weems #14 (Special Teams)

For: Outstanding efforts on returns all night. One TD called back when he stepped out, but most noticeably the 62 yd. return that put us in business after da Bearz tied the game up with 6 minutes left.

-Brian VanGorder and the ENTIRE Falcons Defense

For: It ain't hard to imagine an "L" for that game if Brian and his boys hadn't brought the wood last night. They played with heart and determination, and showed the nation that we're not just about offense.

-Paul Boudeau and the Offensive Line

For: Matt Ryan hasn't been sacked in 123 pass attempts. This may not get many votes, but da Bearz are a sack-happy team. Paul and his boys stopped 'em cold.

That's my nominations for Game 5, folks. I believe

BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

will have the honors for our next victory.:)

Thanks for looking and voting!

-Supes

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for the entire D, and I see they have the majority vote thus far. But, I was thinking about it on the way home from the game last night, and that was what I decided, although I must admit that I think DeCoud deserves at least a big "atta boy". His int's came at momentum stopping times, IMO. I was surprised that absolutely no one voted for him, but again..........neither did I!

Edited by rightsaidfred

I've gotta be honest. I think it is a cop out to give the award to an entire defense. This award has always seemd to be an individual contest, and by giving it to a group where several people performed well, it is taking away from these great individual efforts. If 7 guys played fantastic on defense, then list all 7. Otherwise, it just cheapens the already non-existant value of the award (I mean that much nicer than it sounds).

I say nut up and pick a single player. Do they give Best Actor awards to a group of actors? Then why give an award that was intended to go to the best player to a group of people?

How many times has the NFL Defensive Player of the Week gone to an entire unit? Never. If we are going to vote for the entire defense, why not just vote for the whole team? The fans were a big part of the game too - why not include the 70,000 fans as well?

Just my opinion, but I'll abstain this week. Decoud was the star in my eyes, with Gonzo being second.

While I think the D deserves it, in the spirit of the Hick'ry Stick, that 62 yard return from Weems following their TD drive was huge whack to the Bears and completely reversed the momentum.

I vote Weems.

This is true. Without that long kick return, it would have been a long way to the endzone. Weems put is into position to win.

I have to go with Van Gorder and the entire D. Its hard to pick just one player on D because they all made plays. DeCoud was huge getting 2 picks. Lofton was a stud on the goal line and had a few key 3rd down tackles that ended drives. Babs was also very solid causing Forte to fumble on 3rd and goal. Its was an all around team win.

I've gotta be honest. I think it is a cop out to give the award to an entire defense. This award has always seemd to be an individual contest, and by giving it to a group where several people performed well, it is taking away from these great individual efforts. If 7 guys played fantastic on defense, then list all 7. Otherwise, it just cheapens the already non-existant value of the award (I mean that much nicer than it sounds).

I say nut up and pick a single player. Do they give Best Actor awards to a group of actors? Then why give an award that was intended to go to the best player to a group of people?

How many times has the NFL Defensive Player of the Week gone to an entire unit? Never. If we are going to vote for the entire defense, why not just vote for the whole team? The fans were a big part of the game too - why not include the 70,000 fans as well?

Just my opinion, but I'll abstain this week. Decoud was the star in my eyes, with Gonzo being second.

I agree in principal, Rev, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. If the D gets it, it's really for VanGorder.

You don't have to abstain! Vote for DeCoud!

(Gosh, you sound rather upset over an award that has no value!:lol:)

I agree in principal, Rev, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. If the D gets it, it's really for VanGorder.

(Gosh, you sound rather upset over an award that has no value!laugh.gif)

I'm not upset at all. It's just a bit disapointing, and it's just my opinion. I had a different vision for this award in the hopes it could actually become something of value. Again, it is just 1 person's opinion, and I am obviously in the minority.

I'm not upset at all. It's just a bit disapointing, and it's just my opinion. I had a different vision for this award in the hopes it could actually become something of value. Again, it is just 1 person's opinion, and I am obviously in the minority.

So, you'll do the honors for our next win?

(Gosh, you sound rather upset over an award that has no value!laugh.gif)

And seriously, who cares about trying to please the people? Would the NFL changes it's rules every week to make everyone happy? Of course not.

And Van Gorder is not a player last time I checked. I always thought this was a player award. Again, I know I am in the minority.