At what point do we worry about Turners ball security?

Everyone has given props to the D for making big hits on him, but when is enough going to be enough?

He took some shots last year, and technically only fumbled once. Last night he got stood up, but it looked like he just simply dropped the ball when he collided.

This goes back to the Arizona game too, in which he had a HUGE fumble.

I don't know alot of this sort of thing, what would be the next step for him? is this mental? should he hold the ball like Tiki Barber did, when he solved his fumbling problems?

Everyone has given props to the D for making big hits on him, but when is enough going to be enough?

He took some shots last year, and technically only fumbled once. Last night he got stood up, but it looked like he just simply dropped the ball when he collided.

This goes back to the Arizona game too, in which he had a HUGE fumble.

I don't know alot of this sort of thing, what would be the next step for him? is this mental? should he hold the ball like Tiki Barber did, when he solved his fumbling problems?

When teams are stacking the box and hitting him with three and four defenders on every play fumbles will happen. yeah, not great but this is not a problem. We need to get him in open space more and to do that we have got to open up the playbook a little to make defenses back off

When teams are stacking the box and hitting him with three and four defenders on every play fumbles will happen. yeah, not great but this is not a problem. We need to get him in open space more and to do that we have got to open up the playbook a little to make defenses back off

I just don't think that you can defend someone who fumbles every single game. I think you have to stop making these excuses. If he had always fumbled every single game, he wouldve been cut from his high school team.

You realize stacking the box is nothing new? They did it last season and he was fine, not all of a sudden he puts it on the ground once a game.

I'm worried now...he does not look like himself.

Agreed. Maybe, as crazy as it sounds, we should rest him for a while and hope he returns to his monster form later in the year. I wonder if the curse of 370 could be coming into play here. (But there were also some incredible runs from him last night where he fought through swarms of defenders and turned nothing into 3 or 8 yards).

Now here is an intelligent post about concerns regarding Turner, not of the Turner sux variety or he ain't the same back. Thank you. As we are 4-1, I am not worried. He just needs to wrap both arms around the ball.

One school of thought: Physical defenses will try to strip.

Other school of thought: If you can't tackle em, strip em!

Turner just needs to be more aware of this and make the corrective adjustments.

No worries.

Worry? Never, there's nothing we can do about it.

Look folks, I know it's upsetting. It upsets me when it happens, but come on the guy always has two arms around the ball. Last year and previous seasons he's had no problem, to me it's an aberration that will even it's self out.

Some of it may be other teams targeting him.

Some of it may be regression to the mean from last season (very few backs carry 370+ times and only fumble twice)

If there are technical issues I trust our coaching staff to recognise them and sort them out.

If the only costly one is the NE one at the end of the season then that'll do.

Worry? Never, there's nothing we can do about it.

Look folks, I know it's upsetting. It upsets me when it happens, but come on the guy always has two arms around the ball. Last year and previous seasons he's had no problem, to me it's an aberration that will even it's self out.

I agree with the sentiment as it certainly is nothing for fans to worry about. However it is not the case that he has always had two arms on the ball. One in SF occurred when he was trying to go around the line on the right side with only his right hand on the ball and the ball kinda of low - almost on his hip. It was a mistake waiting to happen and it happened.

Certainly some of the drops were unavoidable -- a perfect helmet on the ball hit will often cause a fumble and there is nothing that can really be done about that.

Fortunately he had some decent carries in SF and last night as well. I think that these will help his confidence and we may well see the old burner start to reemerge.