Hick'ry Stick Award

As well as our defense played, I'd give it to the o-line for not giving up a sack to a really good sacking team. I mean, REALLY good sacking team. So far, we only allowed, what is it, 2 sacks all year?! That's incredible, especially for a team that isn't a west-coast type of offense where all the passes are 3 yard dump offs.

As well as our defense played, I'd give it to the o-line for not giving up a sack to a really good sacking team. I mean, REALLY good sacking team. So far, we only allowed, what is it, 2 sacks all year?! That's incredible, especially for a team that isn't a west-coast type of offense where all the passes are 3 yard dump offs.

Yep, Ryan has thrown 123 passes without a sack. That's impressive!

Would you give me a chance to do this weeks nominations, for cryin' out loud?:angry:

:lol:

:P My bad... :lol:

I wasn't sure he would make the list so thought I would put it out there. Didn't think the whole D could be a nomination so who better to nominate than the man calling the D! DeCoud and Lofton stood out but really there were just too many plays made by the entire defense to single either out.

:P My bad... :lol:

I wasn't sure he would make the list so thought I would put it out there. Didn't think the whole D could be a nomination so who better to nominate than the man calling the D! DeCoud and Lofton stood out but really there were just too many plays made by the entire defense to single either out.

IMO Babineaux should be included as well. He made the biggest defensive play of the game and I thought he was a beast all night.

I am going with Van Gorder as well but, don't laugh, Jamaal Anderson is getting an honorable mention. He was very disruptive on the inside. Personally, I don't think you can pick any one person on that defense to give it too. It was a collective effort. Van Gorder came up with the game plan and he has those guys over achieving. We came into the game 4th in scoring only giving up a little over 15 a game. We gave up 14 last night against a great QB and a pretty good offense. Run defense was impressive with Jamaal in the middle. He threw people out of his way at times. So did Babs and TJ.

Edited by Ghost Rider

I am going with Van Gorder as well but, don't laugh, Jamaal Anderson is getting an honorable mention. He was very disruptive on the inside. Personally, I don't think you can pick any one person on that defense to give it too. It was a collective effort. Van Gorder came up with the game plan and he has those guys over achieving. We came into the game 4th in scoring only giving up a little over 15 a game. We gave up 14 last night against a great QB and a pretty good offense. Run defense was impressive with Jamaal in the middle. He threw people out of his way at times. So did Babs and TJ.

While I've never been very high on BVG, I will admit that the last call of the game, having JA98 drop into zone (which caused Cutler to have to throw the ball wide and miss his TE), that was one heck of a call. Easily the best defensive call I've seen from him.

Either him or the entire D. They played awesome last night and if they can keep it up we are going to be very hard to beat.

I go along with the entire DEFENSE! ! ! Everybody on defense had some kind of positive impact (except houston)

The nfl stats gave the huge sack to Babs and Abe, but I was keying on da Beerman with binocs. and he got to Cutler

first then it looked like the entire defense was right there on top of him. (Cutler) There it is, that word again. Entire:)