Turner's fumbles

#1$tunna

This is really starting to concern me. I think he has fumbled in almost every game since the playoff loss at Arizona. Any thoughts?

Well he runs full speed into groups of fat guys who are trying to tackle him anyways. I'm concerned with his play all around. I heard a commentator mention how great his vision was, I have to disagree, he's missing holes and getting nailed almost ever carry this year. Hopefully teams will back off and stop playing the run so heavily so he'll have some room to move. I was excited to see Norwood finally get the ball and not fall down. I thought he'd be the answer to this problem, but that lasted about 5 minutes

Well he runs full speed into groups of fat guys who are trying to tackle him anyways. I'm concerned with his play all around. I heard a commentator mention how great his vision was, I have to disagree, he's missing holes and getting nailed almost ever carry this year. Hopefully teams will back off and stop playing the run so heavily so he'll have some room to move. I was excited to see Norwood finally get the ball and not fall down. I thought he'd be the answer to this problem, but that lasted about 5 minutes

Like I said in preseason... the Falcons aren't going to surprise anyone this year.

Turner hasn't changed, but the defenses have. He'll adjust to that.

Turner doesn't stop when he's hit - he keeps fighting - usually too long. Defenses have figured that out and they are going for the ball when he's fighting for those extra yards.

The only thing he needs to learn is when to give up. There is a point where it becomes detrimental to keep fighting after the hits. Too much opportunity for the ball to be stripped or hit with an incoming helmet (happened twice this year).

He needs to take what he can get and then go down when it's no longer safe to keep fighting.

I think our coaching staff is smart enough to realize this from watching film and they'll work on it with him.

His ball security is fine - it's just that he doesn't quit when the play is over. Sometimes it pays - but sometimes it hurts.

I dont think its really Turners fault for fumbling... Guys are just hitting the ball with their helmets... not much you can do when that happens...ask Forte lol..

Yes there is - get low. Turner gets low through the hole, but straightens up whenever he makes contact. That's when teams are going for the ball. He needs to learn to get low and STAY low throughout the run.

Turner hasn't changed, but the defenses have. He'll adjust to that.

Turner doesn't stop when he's hit - he keeps fighting - usually too long. Defenses have figured that out and they are going for the ball when he's fighting for those extra yards.

The only thing he needs to learn is when to give up. There is a point where it becomes detrimental to keep fighting after the hits. Too much opportunity for the ball to be stripped or hit with an incoming helmet (happened twice this year).

He needs to take what he can get and then go down when it's no longer safe to keep fighting.

I think our coaching staff is smart enough to realize this from watching film and they'll work on it with him.

His ball security is fine - it's just that he doesn't quit when the play is over. Sometimes it pays - but sometimes it hurts.

Not sure I can agree with this. His fumble last night like others this season came on first contact, not fighting for the extra yard and having it pulled from his arms.

He didn't get stripped last night, he just dropped the ball when a guy was tackling head one. Last night's fumble was probably the worst of the 4.

I don't think he's been stripped on most of his other fumbles either. Seems like the ball is just popping out on him right at the moment of impact. This has me concerned just like I'm concerned about the inability of Ryan to get the timing right with the wr's on down field routes. He's missed more passes in the first 5 games than I can remember him missing most of last year.