Does anyone Know Where TYE "MIA" HILL Is?

Falcons0081

OK, it has been 5 games, 6 weeks of football and I still haven't seen Tye Hill on one play. I don't know much about Hill but I do know that we have to play the Saints in New Orleans in a couple of weeks and from what I saw tonight against the Bears and with the injury to Brian Williams, we really need some BIG help on the corners ASAP. I've been a die hard Falcons fan since 98 and I really hate the Saints, but they embarrassed Eli and the Giants today on both sides of the ball so I can only hope that we are much better prepared when game day comes and we can hand the Saints their first loss of the season. GO FALCONS!

Hes on the bench because he sucks worse then the starters.

x2

I wish people wouldn't actually hold high expectations for him...honestly I really have no idea why we gave up a draft pick for him, he's a bust...hopefully I'm wrong because we could really use the help at CB now with Williams injured but no reason to think otherwise. Not only was he never any good with the Rams, he hasn't even been able to earn a gameday roster spot with us at all.

x2

I wish people wouldn't actually hold high expectations for him...honestly I really have no idea why we gave up a draft pick for him, he's a bust...hopefully I'm wrong because we could really use the help at CB now with Williams injured but no reason to think otherwise. Not only was he never any good with the Rams, he hasn't even been able to earn a gameday roster spot with us at all.

He had a really good rookie season. A bunch of tackles and 3 picks. Pretty good for a rookie. Not sure what happened after that, but he just fell off. He got kind of a late start to his career, he is already 27 and has lost a step.

I think there are a couple of factors at play here.

First, Hill wasn't signed until really late which means (like it or not) it is going to take him time to get up to speed with the defensive scheme. And don't give me Bryan Williams as an example of why Hill should be in sooner... Williams played in Coach Smith's system with the Jags. There was almost no adjustment for him.

Second, since it is taking him time to get on the same page our coaching staff is unlikely to put him on the field until they're comfortable that he knows his assignments.

Third, Hill was SUPPOSED to be healthy when we traded for him... but there was mention of him leaving one of the Rams preseason games with swelling in his injured knee. Maybe the staff is giving him time to get 100% healthy, which is something he hasn't been allowed to do the last 2 years, before putting him out on the field.

If we don't see him by the Saints game in 2 weeks I'm going to start to feel like a lot of the rest of you (why did we bother) but given how long it took to get Foxworth in last year I am not surprised we haven't seen Hill yet.