Chris Houston straight up for Glen Dorsey

Glen Dorsey's been hot garbage. I'd much rather keep Houston, especially since Brian Williams looked like he may be out for a few weeks with the way he came down on that knee.

Even though I think Houston is never gonna live up to his potential, I agree. Anderson looked solid at DT and seemed to help light a fire under the butts of Babs and Johnson. We may have already filled the hole made by Jerry's injury with a guy already on the roster. CB is probably the weakest part of the team, and we might be even thinner at the position after Williams' injury. It makes no sense to trade away depth at an already weak position for a guy who has shown nothing thus far in his career.

ooo, yes!!! My first taste of opposition.

Because people are too stupid and don't know enough about football to realize how cornerbacks HAVE to have ball skills, which Houston does not. He gave up a touchdown, had two PI calls, blew coverages, and had no pbu's. Not only were the coaches getting into him, the rest of our defense was as well. He was probably going to have another touchdown thrown on him had it not been for Babs knocking the pass down at the line of scrimmage. Chris Houston is the Usain Bolt of football; world class speed, but no sense of the game of football whatsoever.

Please, sire. Defend Chris Houston.

IMO, Houston is still a work in progress; so I will not give up on him just yet. However, he can't keep playing like he did last night or he may lose his starting position.

IMO, Houston is still a work in progress; so I will not give up on him just yet. However, he can't keep playing like he did last night or he may lose his starting position.

playing cornerback is not a revelation. you can either do it, or you cant. The guy is in his 3rd year of being a starter in the NFL. He's not a rookie anymore.

houston's problem is that he is always trailing in plays, it is hard to turn your head around and find the football when all he sees is the back of the receivers jersey. He is too busy just trying to catch up to the receiver that he does not have time to look for the ball. Thats his major problem....

houston's problem is that he is always trailing in plays, it is hard to turn your head around and find the football when all he sees is the back of the receivers jersey. He is too busy just trying to catch up to the receiver that he does not have time to look for the ball. Thats his major problem....

We have ourselves a winner.

what more is there to say? who honestly wants to defend Chris Houston this time???

I swear to Christ....people act like he lost that game for us last night! Last I checked, we WON!! The sooner some people get it through their heads that there are only so many league leaders at a position(and they are all highly paid-more than we can afford) and stop trying to play Al Davis the better off we will all be!

If you want to bench Chris Houston, start a fantasy league where you can and then you can brag about how you didn't start him because you knew he was gonna get torched! :P

Excatly what i was gonna say that and being more physical are his problems but both are correctable and we should give up on the guy just yet. With Williams hurt and Hill not ready we can't bench or trade the guy unless its for a true number 1 shutdown corner (which probably wont happen). But he's not as bad as some of you all make him out to be does anyone remember CB Jason Webster now that was hot garbage... Untill we get a true shutdown man to man corner just be happy with who we have because it could be worst.

what more is there to say? who honestly wants to defend Chris Houston this time???

Okay, what makes you think our DL still can't do the job?

Houston played pretty well yesterday, actually.

He needs to get his head turned around to avoid PI and get INT's, but he's got good man-to-man coverage.

We just played probably the fastest WR duo in the NFL.

On the touchdown pass, he was right with the guy and slapped the ball just as it was coming into the WR's hands, the ball was being bobbled and fell out. I felt we should have challenged that play, but it's hard to say that we would have won it.

Your name is 'thakrunk1' ... are you serious?

Okay, what makes you think our DL still can't do the job?

Houston played pretty well yesterday, actually.

He needs to get his head turned around to avoid PI and get INT's, but he's got good man-to-man coverage.

We just played probably the fastest WR duo in the NFL.

On the touchdown pass, he was right with the guy and slapped the ball just as it was coming into the WR's hands, the ball was being bobbled and fell out. I felt we should have challenged that play, but it's hard to say that we would have won it.

Your name is 'thakrunk1' ... are you serious?

Houston made 1 good tackle yesterday. His coverage was horrendous and sticks with his trend of always giving up big plays.

How is it that he has good man coverage but consistently seems to get beat on man coverage plays for long gains?

We just played a cornerback turned receiver and a rookie. Chris Houston is in what year?

That was clearly a touchdown. two feet down with possession of the football in the endzone. Good thing you are not Coach Smith.

your name is juiceaccts....are you seroius? i've had this screenname on falcons messageboards since 2002.

EDIT: this trade is highly unlikely now with Brian Williams out.

Edited by thakrunk1

One: KC doesn't want Houston. They have bigger problems without adding a potential additional problem to the mix.

Two: After the Williams injury, we are stuck with him which may not be bad. He is our fastest corner and his errors are COACHABLE. Chris will be OK. He just needs to be motivated.

Not to take too many shots but he played at Arkansas, not exactly an Ivy league school. He11, those guys even hired Petrino!

Not saying he is stupid, but he needs to study more and anticipate better. All coachable attributes.

I cannot defend his PIs but I will say that I think he can and will get better as the season progresses.

I am no fan of VanGorder but Mike won't let the little details go uncorrected. Look at DeCloud: Against NE two drops. Against Chicago two INTs. Mike will straighten him out. We are still 4-1.

One: KC doesn't want Houston. They have bigger problems without adding a potential additional problem to the mix.

Two: After the Williams injury, we are stuck with him which may not be bad. He is our fastest corner and his errors are COACHABLE. Chris will be OK. He just needs to be motivated.

Not to take too many shots but he played at Arkansas, not exactly an Ivy league school. He11, those guys even hired Petrino!

Not saying he is stupid, but he needs to study more and anticipate better. All coachable attributes.

I cannot defend his PIs but I will say that I think he can and will get better as the season progresses.

I am no fan of VanGorder but Mike won't let the little details go uncorrected. Look at DeCloud: Against NE two drops. Against Chicago two INTs. Mike will straighten him out. We are still 4-1.

The BIG difference is that Decoud has managed to correct things in the span of two weeks, while it's going on 3 years and Houston hasn't gotten any better. If you can't learn in 3 years of being coached by a HOFer that you need to play the ball, not the man, you probably are indeed a little stupid. Edited by k-train

Glen Dorsey is a joke? Wasn't he just drafted last year? I guess it makes sense to jump the gun. Everyone said Mario Williams was a bust and the Texans were fools to not draft Bush and Young over him and Mario finally breaks out in year 3 and he looks like a Pro Bowl caliber player while Young and Bush look like busts.