Bill Belicheck is like School in Summertime

WVUDirtyBird

These guys are paid MILLIONS of dollars. If they can't stop the Patriots.. that's on them.

Why is it "ok" for college games to be 63-7, but in the NFL, it's a lack of class? The Patriots fans that pay for their tickets deserve every one of those points.

as far as the nfl i agree with you, but in college if you are a division I school and you play a division II school that shouldn't count as a win.

as far as the nfl i agree with you, but in college if you are a division I school and you play a division II school that shouldn't count as a win.

I agree, I just get tired of hearing people calling "foul" over a team scoring a lot of points. I mean, I want the Falcons to score 59 points every game.

In my mind, there is no such thing as "running up the score" in pro football. This isn't Florida playing an outmatched Charleston Southern. Everyone is getting a check to play. Don't like getting embarrassed? Be a pro and do something about it.

I have the opposite opinion, I think Florida has to run the score up on a Charleston Southern, because thats how they get votes in the polls. Whereas in the NFL, the only thing that matters is whether you win or lose.

There's no such thing as running up the score. You are paid to play a 60 minute football game in the NFL, and that's what the Patriots do. It's no their fault if the opposing team isn't prepared to play that long. I like that they do that. It shows they play hard. I really wish the Falcons would do that when they are up big rather than run the ball and do 3 and out whenever they are up big.

I thought it was classless and dumb to even bring Brady out in the second half, much less throw the ball around with a spread-shotgun formation and go for it on 4th down every time.

Of course I wanna see the Falcons put up 59 on someone, but I wouldn't want to risk my players' health and our season's chances when a game has already been decided. It's just not smart.

Also, don't be surprised when some defensive lineman decides the fine is worth it and rolls up on Brady's leg.

Again, this is PROFESSIONAL football you are watching, not a college game where one team doesn't even belong on the same field.

Even in college football it becomes a challenge when a team is superior to the other.. I've been a part of college games where we were up by so many points that the coaches had to decide if it was worth punting on 1st down or lining up for FG's on first down... sometimes it's a no win situation. Would it have been more insulting for the Pats to just take a knee on 4th down?

By the way the title of this thread is a little bit off.. there's always Summer School..

I thought it was classless and dumb to even bring Brady out in the second half, much less throw the ball around with a spread-shotgun formation and go for it on 4th down every time.

Of course I wanna see the Falcons put up 59 on someone, but I wouldn't want to risk my players' health and our season's chances when a game has already been decided. It's just not smart.

Also, don't be surprised when some defensive lineman decides the fine is worth it and rolls up on Brady's leg.

Ryan was in the game vs. the 49ers fairly late in the game, that game was over in the 3rd quarter. I don't have a problem with Brady coming back out, the guy just sat for an entire season, he needs the live game work for later in this season.

much less throw the ball around with a spread-shotgun formation and go for it on 4th down every time.

Must not understand, that's the Patriots normal offense. How many times on a drive do you see them lineup in a running formation? Once, maybe twice if you're lucky. They are a shotgun passing team...