BRING HIM HOME TD!

If Babineaux is undersized as a DT so is Dorsey. Babs is 6-2, 296lbs and Dorsey is listed as 6-1, 297lbs. So is KC supposedly trying to trade Dorsey because of lack of production because according to the stats many are listing he's not playing bad or simply because he doesn't fit the look of a 3-4 DE?

Babineauxs been listed as 296 now but hes been playin in the NFL at around 285 I suspect he plays at about 290 now. Dorseys probably been playing around 300-305.

Like Babs, Dorsey has great quickness but he's far more suited to playing the nose in the 4-3 than Babs is. Vs the double team he wont give ground as easy as Babs, at the same time freeing Babs up in one on one blocking to make the play. Come passing downs he has the quickness to contribute getting to the QB which helps Babs and the edge rushers.

Everything in football depends on something else which is why it's so hard to evaluate players without understanding everything contextually, eg great running backs on terrible teams (Steven Jackson) dont put up great numbers because theyre always playing from behind and or have a terrible offensive line, great wrs on teams with bad a qb and ol dont produce, etc...

In order for Babs to do his job as the UT he needs a NT to take up double teams in the run game. They both help in the passing game which helps everyone

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 76 | Key

Comment: Dorsey made an immediate impact on the Chiefs' defense after being drafted in the first round in 2008. He is a thick defensive tackle with an explosive first step. He consistently gains the advantage as he engages blockers. He plays with a high level of intensity and will chase the ball from sideline to sideline as well as on downfield pursuit. He is quick to locate the level of the ball and takes good angles to get there. He is a natural knee-bender who plays with good leverage and can work his way to the play while warding off blocks. He still needs to develop more counter moves as a pass-rusher as he tends to rely on initial quickness to get the job done.

Compare this to Babs report above and its clear who the better run defender is

If Babineaux is undersized as a DT so is Dorsey. Babs is 6-2, 296lbs and Dorsey is listed as 6-1, 297lbs. So is KC supposedly trying to trade Dorsey because of lack of production because according to the stats many are listing he's not playing bad or simply because he doesn't fit the look of a 3-4 DE?

Dorsey was extremely productive as a rookie and has continued to be as a rookie.

As I said above there a number of reasons he doesnt fit in KC.

He was drafted by a staff that is no longer here. They ran a 4-3 defense.

Dorsey is a 4-3 DT. That's what he played in college. He's listed at 6-1 297, this is protypical 4-3 DT size. He is a DT that wins with quickness.

The new staff in KC that didn't draft him runs a 3-4. They used their top 5 pick this year on a 3-4 DE.

In the 3-4 NT's must be 330lb+ and be able to anchor the point of attack vs the double team and not give up ground. They need to hold ground, not be quick.

In the 3-4 DE's must be 6-4+ to engage 6-5+ OTs with massive arms. Like the NT they must be responsible for holding ground against 2 defensive gaps. This means anchoring, not beating blockers with quickness.

The 4-3 is a 1 gap scheme that requires the quickness of its DL

The 3-4 is a 2 gap scheme that requires the ability to anchor vs the double team from its DL

In the 4-3 the NT can use his quickness to split the double team, in the 3-4 the NT and DEs must hunker down and prevent the OL from moving them as opposed to making plays in the backfield

Dorsey fits no where in the 3-4 from a height, weight, and talent (quickness) yet fits perfectly in the 4-3

I'm just going off the weights they have listed. Nobody but the coaching staffs knows if they are a bit over or under that weight. I know Dorsey is a better fit as a 4-3 DT but if he is putting up productive numbers as a DE right now why would he be traded unless its for a player that KC really believes can make a bigger impact as a 3-4 DE and even though Anderson "looks" like that player there really is nothing to say that he would be a better fit in the system besides his size. What I'm trying to say is if he is producing who cares if he's the typical size?

I'm just going off the weights they have listed. Nobody but the coaching staffs knows if they are a bit over or under that weight. I know Dorsey is a better fit as a 4-3 DT but if he is putting up productive numbers as a DE right now why would he be traded unless its for a player that KC really believes can make a bigger impact as a 3-4 DE and even though Anderson "looks" like that player there really is nothing to say that he would be a better fit in the system besides his size. What I'm trying to say is if he is producing who cares if he's the typical size?

The Falcons have been connected to him in trade talks before this season and speculation has now arrisen that they are willing to trade him. Only the Chiefs know this and we can only hope its the case that would be sweet for us now and in the future

I can't say as to whether some kinda trade would happen or not at this point. All I can say is anything is possible so I want rule it out.

That being said, HYPOTHETICALLY, lets say the FALCONS were to get DORSEY. I think the man would step up his play big time.

A lot can be said about motivation where a players team is concerned. I mean look at the Chiefs and you realize there is little to no point for motivation as players go.

I've read all the speculation as to how it might go down if it does. All I can say is this is why I'm glad we got a great GM in Thomas Dimitroff.

I'll admit it, and I've said it before that I wanted the FALCONS to draft Joe Flacco or Brohm and Dorsey, TD got Matt Ryan and Sam Baker and I am EXTREMELY glad to admit today that I was wrong. I'll leave it in the VERY CAPABLE hands of the FALCONS GM as to who or what goes down before the trade deadline, it's pretty obvious that he knows what he's doing.