What Dahl said to Singletary

"He was saying how he wished he was on the field. I just said, 'Come on out on the field then.'" -- Atlanta guard Harvey Dahl, signed as a free agent in 2007 after two stints on the San Francisco practice squad, of his verbal confrontation with 49ers coach Mike Singletary during the Falcons' 45-10 victory last week.

Yeah, it's been reported a few times prior to that article as well.

What's up with singletary getting so emotional over dahl's playing style? especially since the older vets go on and on about how tough football was back in their day. weak.

I think it just comes down to Singletary's team having their butts handed to them. He was p'oed and you know the competitive side of him wanted to get in there and show some pride like he would have when he played. Just cause they played tough doesn't mean there wasn't any complaining about dirty play, its just in Singletary day it was settled on the field and since he's obviously too old for that now, he has no choice but to complain verbally. Its not weak, its common sense. He's a coach, what else is he going to do, get into it physically with Dahl? Yea, that would be tough.....and extremely stupid. :lol:

Edited by DBFever2

I think it just comes down to Singletary's team having their butts handed to them. He was p'oed and you know the competitive side of him wanted to get in there and show some pride like he would have when he played. Just cause they played tough doesn't mean there wasn't any complaining about dirty play, its just in Singletary day it was settled on the field and since he's obviously too old for that now, he has no choice but to complain verbally. Its not weak, its common sense. He's a coach, what else is he going to do, get into it physically with Dahl? Yea, that would be tough.....and extremely stupid. :lol:

I'm beginning to understand some of the excitement around having Mike Singletary as a HC in the NFL. This will not be the last verbal confrontation he gets into.

Although i cant see him brawling with an opposing player on the field, the chances of him actually picking up and body slamming a referee are pretty good.