In spite of media love for Saints, we'll be #1 in NFC South come Sunday.

Yes, for all the annointing and rah-rah from the talking heads, after the Saints take a Giant L Sunday afternoon and we dispose of the Bears, the Falcons will be in first place in the NFC South due to our loss coming from an AFC team and us having a 1-0 record in division.

"If you wanna crown em, crown their a**es!"

No matter what happens on Sunday, the Saints will still be in first place in the NFC South.

edit - Ok, I am dumb, I thought the Saints were 5-0.

Edited by Peyton

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). [HAVEN'T PLAYED]

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. [FALCONS 1-0, SAINTS 0-0]

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. [HAVEN'T PLAYED]

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. [FALCONS 3-0, SAINTS 2-1]

You never miss an opportunity to be negative, though...do you? lol

Edited by TheTruthHammer2.0

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). [HAVEN'T PLAYED]

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. [FALCONS 1-0, SAINTS 0-0]

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. [HAVEN'T PLAYED]

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. [FALCONS 3-0, SAINTS 2-1]

You never miss an opportunity to be negative, though...do you? lol

The Saints are 4-0... how can they be 2-1 in conference games?

I actually forgot that the Saints had last week off like Atlanta, I thought they were 5-0. I stand corrected on that.

Tiebreakers only matter if the season is over, so the Saints and Falcons will simply be tied.

Actually - we will move into first place in the standings.

Long season still to go - but it would still be sweet to sit on top.

hate to say it but I hope the Saints beat the Giants. I'd rather the Saints first loss come on a Monday night against us. kill 2 birds with one stone

Sorry, but no. lol. While that's a nice idea in theory, with as tight a division race as this is at the moment, we ABSOLUTELY want a Giants win. Besides the obvious fact that it puts a loss on the Saints' record, it will mean that if we can pull it out in New York down the road, we'll have some help in the "common games" tiebreaker if needed (and if we can't, no harm, no foul in that category).

OR think of it this way: wouldn't it be awesome if a MNF game win put us solely atop the division (no tie-breakers needed)? That's not possible if the Saints don't lose before November 2nd.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

Actually - we will move into first place in the standings.

Long season still to go - but it would still be sweet to sit on top.

Yeah, I'm not saying it MEANS anything...but...simply listening to every talking head making it sound like its a 1-horse race and we can "only HOPE to keep pace" this early in the season is sort of annoying.

It depends if this Saints team is actually for real. Yall could only hope that this has all been a bad dream.....or it could be a living nightmare. I have a real great feeling about these Saints, and I'm a seasoned vet, not a band wagoner, just so you know. ;)

Oh, I think they are. They have a good team, Falcons have a good team.

Sorry, but no. lol. While that's a nice idea in theory, with as tight a division race as this is at the moment, we ABSOLUTELY want a Giants win. Besides the obvious fact that it puts a loss on the Saints' record, it will mean that if we can pull it out in New York down the road, we'll have some help in the "common games" tiebreaker if needed (and if we can't, no harm, no foul in that category).

OR think of it this way: wouldn't it be awesome if a MNF game win put us solely atop the division (no tie-breakers needed)? That's not possible if the Saints don't lose before November 2nd.

I hear you but I HATE The Giants and I don't not like the Saints, understand? besides I think both the Saints and Falcons make the playoffs this year