The Ghost of Rodney Dangerfield haunts the Falcons

CitySlicka

Its not just the Falcons, its the entire city of Atlanta AND its sports team. The media have dissed us over the Falcons fans booing (like we're the only one that had ever done that right San Fran?), dismissed the Hawks fans(even K Garnett chimed in on that), always dogged the Braves and its fans, blamed us for the ice storm that occurred during the Superbowl and the bombing at the Olympics. The Falcons win 3 out of 4 last year and its "oh, they haven't play anyone...their schedule is soft." The 49ers do the EXACT same thing (the Rams, Cards, and PeeHawks ain't ish!) and its "oh they're a great team, their defense is unbelievable." We go to the Superbowl and its dismissed as a fluke cause we didn't go back to the playoffs. The Carolina Panties go and they are paper champions for the next five years always picked over us even though we owned them that whole time and they didn't even go to the playoffs the next season either. Always picked over us even after they didn't even score ONE point on us one season.

It will continue even when (not if) the Falcons win the Superbowl. I totally believe there is and has been a bias against us, and it will always be that way. Being the biggest fan I know of with all these teams I hate that it is that way, but it is...

Middle finger to them all... <_<

Yeah, no doubt. It is crazy to see. But I see it everywhere. They are taking note, but still very cautious about believing in us or giving us credit. I really don't get it, because everyone knows that every year is different in the NFL. Look at the Titans this year for the latest proof.

So a team is only what they are on the field this year. We had 2 good games, one terrible game, and one dominant game. Based on the facts, we look like a team that needed to get some kinks worked out but is now ready to rock and roll. But the "pundits" don't see it.

Who cares really. I enjoy laughing at them. Maybe I can start making some money on my Falcons in Vegas or something, until the rest of the world pulls their heads out of their orifices.

Honestly, I prefer it that way. I can't stand fair-weather fans. At least when we are bad, you know that every person wearing a Falcons jersey/hat is a true fan. Or, maybe I'm just bitter....yeah, that's probably it.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain

I think the respect factor is based on a lot more than a teams ability. Dallas for example is average this year, yet they get a bunch of attention. ESPN and other news outlets knows that the cowboys have a large fan base, which causes them to recieve more attention than other teams. The Vikings have Brett Favre, which causes the Vikings to recieve extra media attention. Anotherwords, a lot of media attention is based on what ESPN and others think people are gonna watch and have interest in. Our time will come!

I appreciate everybody posts. I am just so sick of the handjobs the media give to the Cowboys. Every member of this message board could put up all pro numbers against the Kansas City Griefs. Dallas could play a UFL team and still get the #1 broadcast team for Fox. I like CBS as a station anyway.

It's not just Atlanta, all southern teams get treated like crap. They think since college sports are more popular down here, that we don't care about pro teams. I, for one, could care less what's going on in the SEC.

Whatever, they can say what they want. At least NFL Network's writers have been giving us credit this year and last year.