D Hall " I dont know if we have the right personell"

Hall: 'I Don't Know If We've Got the Right Personnel'

Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall has been among the most outspoken players during Washington's struggles this season, and on Wednesday afternoon he again voiced his opinions on several of the franchise's problems.

With a critical game coming up Sunday at home against the winless Kansas City Chiefs, Hall emphasized how important a win is to the trajectory of the season as the team inches closer to panic-mode.

"I don't think it's panic," Hall said. "For us it's obviously ... for me, myself a little bit of desperation. I feel like we need this win bad. It's not panic yet, but we're a couple steps from there. We're a couple steps from getting ready to panic right now. Because like you said, you're facing teams that ain't won a game, and we gave Detroit their first win, we gave Carolina their first win. We can't give Kansas City their first win -- that's the bottom line. We got to go out here [and] we got to get 3-3, bottom line. If we want to compete in our division and look forward to the playoffs and look forward to all these other things, we need a win."

As the Redskins continue to falter and speculation increases around the job security of second-year coach Jim Zorn, Hall was asked where he felt the blame should fall for the team's poor start.

Hall, like many of his teammates, backed Zorn and said the coach should not be held responsible for all the team's faults and instead pointed to a roster that might not have the right pieces to be successful.

"I think a lot of people made the comment, '[Zorn's] not out there playing in the games.' That's the truth of the matter," Hall said. "If you want to blame someone, look at the film. Look at the guys who are out there trying to play. We haven't been doing a great job, bottom line, we haven't been doing a great job. I think the blame lies with us. I think the blame lies with us. I think we're the ones out there playing every day, practicing, trying to do the right thing, but I don't know if we've got the right personnel here to do it."

Hall had a key interception in the loss to the Carolina Panthers last Sunday, returning the pick to the 1-yard line, but also allowed quarterback Jake Delhomme to get an extra three yards on a key third-down rush that sealed the win for the Panthers.

While the defense has been playing well, especially over the past two games, the offense has sputtered. After the loss of starting left tackle Chris Samuels to injury, Washington failed to protect quarterback Jason Campbell, who was sacked five times. Inexperienced lineman D'Anthony Batiste, a career guard, filled in for Samuels at tackle in Carolina, and Stephon Heyer is expected to move from right tackle to left for this weekend's game, creating another shake up of the offensive line.

When asked if the Redskins could afford any more injuries, Hall took on the issue of the team's depth.

"Nah, not at all, not at all," he said. "Chris Samuels going down was a devastating loss for us, you know, devastating. We go from having a what, four-, five-, six-time Pro Bowler in there to a guy who hardly has played in this league. Not saying anything to Batiste, he was with me in Atlanta for a little while, but that's a big drop-off, that's a big drop-off. And heading into the offseason and preseason we said we needed to address the offensive line.

"We felt like we did get better ... but that's a position where you can always get better. You can always have proven guys out there backing other guys up that have played in this league, have had starts in this league. That's something we're lacking."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because DeAngelo Hall loves DeAngelo Hall! He does no wrong!

see I dont think that's fair

""I think a lot of people made the comment, '[Zorn's] not out there playing in the games.' That's the truth of the matter," Hall said. "If you want to blame someone, look at the film. Look at the guys who are out there trying to play. We haven't been doing a great job, bottom line, we haven't been doing a great job. I think the blame lies with us. I think the blame lies with us. I think we're the ones out there playing every day, practicing, trying to do the right thing, but I don't know if we've got the right personnel here to do it."

Thats the right attitude to have

To be fair, Hall is only saying what others in the DC area have been saying for years. The Skins will never be even a GOOD team again until Snyder hires a proper GM. Snyder has been wheeling and dealing players based on their names not their ability for years now. In this case I'm going to let Hall slide on this one, because he's right, the Skins don't have the right players/coaches to get the job done. They have a good core of 5-8 players that could make for a good base for a team but they're never going to be successful until their owner sharpens up or ships out.

That's pretty typical of DHall - complain abstractly about the team, single out a few people to throw under the bus, then talk as if he's the only player who is doing their job.

Still can't believe that teams/fanbases fall for that act...

Umm the people he threw under the bus was the whole team, he used "WE" several times.

see I dont think that's fair

""I think a lot of people made the comment, '[Zorn's] not out there playing in the games.' That's the truth of the matter," Hall said. "If you want to blame someone, look at the film. Look at the guys who are out there trying to play. We haven't been doing a great job, bottom line, we haven't been doing a great job. I think the blame lies with us. I think the blame lies with us. I think we're the ones out there playing every day, practicing, trying to do the right thing, but I don't know if we've got the right personnel here to do it."

Thats the right attitude to have

Yeah, I agree with you. Maybe my comment wasn't appropiate for the statement that he made this time. But Deangelo still loves himself some Deangelo!

Yeah, I agree with you. Maybe my comment wasn't appropiate for the statement that he made this time. But Deangelo still loves himself some Deangelo!

I do not question that.........

I am just pointing out despite people are saying in this thread he did not throw other players under the bus and act like he does no wrong, he included himself in the inhabitants of Loserville............which is a far cry then how he acted here.

It's funny how he doesn't include himself as part of the Redskins "not having the right personnel." <_<

"I think a lot of people made the comment, '[Zorn's] not out there playing in the games.' That's the truth of the matter," Hall said. "If you want to blame someone, look at the film. Look at the guys who are out there trying to play. We haven't been doing a great job, bottom line, we haven't been doing a great job. I think the blame lies with us. I think the blame lies with us. I think we're the ones out there playing every day, practicing, trying to do the right thing, but I don't know if we've got the right personnel here to do it."

Is he saying "We" or everybody except me?

It's funny how, when Mike Smith was hired, D Hall would not even give him a chance. Smitty wanted to keep D Hall, but MeAngelo said, "I can't stand to be on a losing team any more. Losing kills me. I got to get somewhere where we can win." In fact, him saying that stuff decreased his trade value to us, because the whole NFL began to know that D Hall was not going to play for us and we had to trade him.

So he went to the sucky Raiders and LOST a LOT. Now, he's with the Redskins, losing their azzes off.

And those losses couldn't happen to a more deserving player. Ha ha, MeAngelo. I take great pleasure in seeing you lose a lot, because you are a loser and a jack azz.

That's pretty typical of DHall - complain abstractly about the team, single out a few people to throw under the bus, then talk as if he's the only player who is doing their job.

Still can't believe that teams/fanbases fall for that act...

Obviously you didn't read what he wrote. He took the blame and placed it on the shoulders of himself and the players.. Not the Coach, very classy of D. Hall