UNBELIEVEABLE BEAR PREDICTION

JKH5785

I'm not sure why the Bears and their fans seem to think they are some sort of Offensive powerhouse. Here is the lastest game preview blog. It's littered with facts that have nothing to do with beating us this year.

Chicago at Atlanta Preview

.Jeff Hughes on 10.15.09 | 1 comment | .Your 3-1 2009 Chicago Bears

over

Atlanta Falcons

Why do I like the Chicago Bears this week?

•I always like the Chicago Bears.

•The defense held the Falcons' run game in check last years, harassing Michael Turner for only fifty-four yards on twenty-five carries. If they do the same Sunday night, the Falcons will be unable to sustain lengthy drives and control the pace of play. When teams have left the Bears alive late, the Bears have capitalized.

•Two major points on the pass defense. (1) Charles Tillman needs to shadow the opponent's number one receiver all over the field moving forward and that means Roddy White. Tillman may allow his man to make the catch but his sure-tackling will prevent the eleven-yard first down from becoming a forty-yard touchdown. (2) The Bears know that one of Brian Urlacher's strengths was defending the deep middle of the field and that Tony Gonzalez has built a Hall of Fame resume in that area. If the Bears allow him to dominate the game, everyone should be fired.

•Special teams. And it's not even close. Maynard is off to the best start of his career, Gould is automatic, and the return game - while not scoring - is the best in football. Great specials can neutralize a good club on the road and that's what the Bears have.

•Jay Cutler doesn't want to hear about Kyle Orton. Matt Forte doesn't want to hear about Cedric Benson. Hester/Bennett/Knox don't want to hear about Terrell Owens. I expect our offense - for once - to play Sunday night with a chip on its shoulder. I expect prolonged drives and third-down conversions. I expect points. Lots of points.

•Because not one man on the 2008 roster should forget what happened in Atlanta last October. The coaching staff and defense embarrassed themselves, wasting a brilliant comeback drive from Orton and the boys. That game - those final 46 seconds - were the definitive moment of a painfully inconsistent season. Redemption is not always available at the fix-ins bar. Sunday night it is.

Chicago Bears 38, Atlanta Falcons 30

He should be propping up his team. That's what fans do. We do the same thing on here.

Bottom line - the game is played on the field. As long as our coaches and players are prepared, practiced and go out and play hard and execute well for 60 full minutes, that's all we can ask for.

At the end of the game - one team will wear the W. I'm rooting for that to be the Falcons. He's rooting for that to be the Bears. We'll find out Sunday night.

He should be propping up his team. That's what fans do. We do the same thing on here.

Bottom line - the game is played on the field. As long as our coaches and players are prepared, practiced and go out and play hard and execute well for 60 full minutes, that's all we can ask for.

At the end of the game - one team will wear the W. I'm rooting for that to be the Falcons. He's rooting for that to be the Bears. We'll find out Sunday night.

Agreed! I had to laugh last week when one of our posters said that we would blow the Niners out. On their site they were saying who do the Falcons think they are!!! They are crazy if they think that our defense is gonna let them score that many points. We all know how that turned out!!! They think the Bears will win, just like most of us think the Falcons will.

No way that offense hangs 38 on us in our place.

that is what is so unbelievable, not the fact they are propping up their team. I understand that, and I agree with Tandy. However, making a prediction that the Bears will hang 38 points on us, in our home, not going to happen.

I'm not sure why the Bears and their fans seem to think they are some sort of Offensive powerhouse.

I don't mean this as much as a smart remark as it will probably sound, but probably the same reason that Falcons fans seem to think their defense will suddenly be an immovable force. Face it folks, every team has their strengths and weaknesses, and neither defense has been stellar thus far.

Realistically both teams are going to move the ball. You don't seriously think you'll shut down the Chicago offense (one which ranks higher in points-per-game than the Falcons) when Pittsburgh wasn't able to do so do you?

This game won't be won by 10 by either side. It will be decided by less than a touchdown, probably by whomever has the ball last.

I don't mean this as much as a smart remark as it will probably sound, but probably the same reason that Falcons fans seem to think their defense will suddenly be an immovable force. Face it folks, every team has their strengths and weaknesses, and neither defense has been stellar thus far.

Realistically both teams are going to move the ball. You don't seriously think you'll shut down the Chicago offense (one which ranks higher in points-per-game than the Falcons) when Pittsburgh wasn't able to do so do you?

This game won't be won by 10 by either side. It will be decided by less than a touchdown, probably by whomever has the ball last.

Not meant as a smart remark either, but I see what you are saying. Kinda like Last Year!!

Not meant as a smart remark either, but I see what you are saying. Kinda like Last Year!!

The better team won last year. Props to y'all for that. Atlanta also caught us by surprise; you gotta honestly admit that no one expected Atlanta to turn things around that quickly. You deserved to win last year. This is a different year, and we're ready. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

Edited by Aquineas

I would be the first to tell you that our D is not an immovable force. It's a known fact that the Steelers aren't the same team on Defense that they were last year, just because the Bears beat the Steelers doesn't mean that the Bears offense is a powerhouse, just like the Packers forcing Cutler into throwing multiple intereceptions doesn't mean he is interception prone. I'm not saying we will blow Chicago out, but I am saying that the Bears are not likely to hang 38 points on us at home.

A prediction that the Bears will hang 38 points on the Falcons is kind of bold since the Falcons have never once given up 30 points in a reg. season game since Mike Smith has been the coach. And the Falcons have played offenses that are a helluva lot better than the Bears.

The better team won last year. Props to y'all for that. Atlanta also caught us by surprise; you gotta honestly admit that no one expected Atlanta to turn things around that quickly. You deserved to win last year. This is a different years, and we're ready. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

True, I know that it will be a hard fought game. Hopefully we can pull it out again

A prediction that the Bears will hang 38 points on the Falcons is kind of bold since the Falcons have never once given up 30 points in a reg. season game since Mike Smith has been the coach. And the Falcons have played offenses that are a helluva lot better than the Bears.

Thank you, that's all I'm saying.

Bears fans act like we robbed them last year. I was at the Bears game last year, and it seemed that the Falcons controlled the game up to the Bears last score.

Thank you, that's all I'm saying.

Bears fans act like we robbed them last year. I was at the Bears game last year, and it seemed that the Falcons controlled the game up to the Bears last score.

The Falcons completely sucked in the red zone and still won. The red zone woes are over, and I don't really see the Bears slowing down this offense.

I would be the first to tell you that our D is not an immovable force. It's a known fact that the Steelers aren't the same team on Defense that they were last year, just because the Bears beat the Steelers doesn't mean that the Bears offense is a powerhouse, just like the Packers forcing Cutler into throwing multiple intereceptions doesn't mean he is interception prone. I'm not saying we will blow Chicago out, but I am saying that the Bears are not likely to hang 38 points on us at home.

The Pittsburgh defense is better than the Atlanta defense, as are the defenses of Green Bay and Seattle.

I'm not one of those fans who's unfamiliar with the Falcons (One of your starting cornerbacks is from LBJ High here in Austin, fwiw); I've seen your team play two out of your four games. Naturally I believe and hope my team will win, but I'm also realistic.

Everyone keeps talking about Tony G, Roddy White, etc, but in all honesty, Brian Finneran is the one who scares me. It's always the guys that you forget to account for that kill you... Booker also might have something to prove against his former team (even though we gave him every chance to play well last year).

If Atlanta scores 38, then Chicago will have to match it.. And contrary to what some of your fans seem to think, Chicago has the playmakers to do so.

The better team won last year. Props to y'all for that. Atlanta also caught us by surprise; you gotta honestly admit that no one expected Atlanta to turn things around that quickly. You deserved to win last year. This is a different years, and we're ready. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

+1

Thats why they play the games. Heres to 60 minutes of great injury free fooseball!

...and a falcons win. B)

The Pittsburgh defense is better than the Atlanta defense, as are the defenses of Green Bay and Seattle.

I'm not one of those fans who's unfamiliar with the Falcons (One of your starting cornerbacks is from LBJ High here in Austin, fwiw); I've seen your team play two out of your four games. Naturally I believe and hope my team will win, but I'm also realistic.

Everyone keeps talking about Tony G, Roddy White, etc, but in all honesty, Brian Finneran is the one who scares me. It's always the guys that you forget to account for that kill you... Booker also might have something to prove against his former team (even though we gave him every chance to play well last year).

If Atlanta scores 38, then Chicago will have to match it.. And contrary to what some of your fans seem to think, Chicago has the playmakers to do so.

Finneran probably won't even see 5 plays. The Bears might want to start with accounting for Roddy White, he killed the Bears last year.

As far as the Falcons defense goes, they are 4th in the league in points allowed and haven't given up 30 points in 2 years. Hate if you want to hate. The Bears are getting an L this Sunday. That is all I am saying.

No they aren't. You were the one quoting the points your offense was scoring. How about looking at how many points the defenses have allowed?

Also, you didn't score more than 25 against any of those defenses, so I don't know why you would cite your offensive performance against them as a reason you will score 38 in Atlanta.

Edited by Lucky_Tom

By the way, has the NFL begun to score the games by the number of yards allowed? If so, I missed it. If not, I can easily make the argument that the Falcons defense is better than every team you mentioned.

No they aren't. You were the one quoting the points your offense was scoring. How about looking at how many points the defenses have allowed?

D*mn skippy.

We're virtually measuring phalluses here. I was going by yards, you're going by points. Both are correct. In either case, as I said, we'll see on Sunday.

Also, you didn't score more than 30 against any of those defenses, so I don't know why you would cite your offensive performance against them as a reason you will score 38 in Atlanta.

They didn't have to score 30 points to win, except for Green Bay, and that was admittedly an awful game for the Bears. I should probably mention here that the Bears are not 1-3, they are 3-1, which means they scored enough points to win 3 out of 4 times.

You don't seriously think you'll shut down the Chicago offense (one which ranks higher in points-per-game than the Falcons) when Pittsburgh wasn't able to do so do you?

Not to beat a dead horse, but you scored 17 points against Pittsburgh. How does that translate into 38 against a team that has given up nearly 4 pts fewer per game?

Not to beat a dead horse, but you scored 17 points against Pittsburgh. How does that translate into 38 against a team that has given up nearly 4 pts fewer per game?

We'll see on Sunday, won't we? This is your forum, and you've just come off a big game and are therefore very confident.

We're virtually measuring phalluses here. I was going by yards, you're going by points. Both are correct. In either case, as I said, we'll see on Sunday.

Sounds like you're going by whichever one you want to prove a point. Why else would you say the Bears offense has scored more points per game (when they have gained fewer yards), and say that three defenses you beat are better than ours because they have given up fewer yards (when they have given up more points)?

They didn't have to score 30 points to win, except for Green Bay, and that was admittedly an awful game for the Bears. I should probably mention here that the Bears are not 1-3, they are 3-1, which means they scored enough points to win 3 out of 4 times.

Look. No one is saying that Bears fans shouldn't think they are going to win. However, thinking that the Bears are going to score 38 is simply crazy.

Sounds like you're going by whichever one you want to prove a point. Why else would you say the Bears offense has scored more points per game (when they have gained fewer yards), and say that three defenses you beat are better than ours because they have given up fewer yards (when they have given up more points)?

Honestly that wasn't my intention. My default intention for measuring defensive performance is yards, because when I became a Bears fan the Bears were usually number one in both. It's just carried forth.

Look. No one is saying that Bears fans shouldn't think they are going to win. However, thinking that the Bears are going to score 38 is simply crazy.

Honestly though, why not? Why wouldn't we think that? We have a lot of confidence in our playmakers, as do you.