Who's the most over-rated player in the league?

loneFalcon

My vote is for Tony Romo.. Im so sick of hering how 'great' he is and then watch him throw 3 picks or fumble in the 4th quarter... The guy is garbage.

Also on my list....

T.O. (as off right now.. he's lost it. Drops more than he catches)

The whole New England Patriots (We should've won that game!)

Marquese Colston

DeAngelo Williams

Dewayne Bowe

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear the love for the cowboys, but not so much for Romo. I always hear them speaking on his choking problem. I would put the most overrated as Brady right now, sure he is Brady, but he is struggling and ESPN doesn't want to admit that he ain't doing that well right now. As far as completion percentage he is in 17th place in the NFL.

I hear the love for the cowboys, but not so much for Romo. I always hear them speaking on his choking problem. I would put the most overrated as Brady right now, sure he is Brady, but he is struggling and ESPN doesn't want to admit that he ain't doing that well right now. As far as completion percentage he is in 17th place in the NFL.

'Coach Petrino'??? I hope he chokes on a **** chicken bone....

I'm starting to think it's Jay Cutler. Believe it or not that's not because Atlanta is playing the Bears this week. I was just perusing the Bears message board (not trolling, but I like to read what they have to say) and I see someone make a statement, as though factual, that Jay Cutler is better than Matt Ryan. This wasn't presented as an opinion, it was said as fact. Remembering a post from the other day I went over to Football Outsiders to look at their current DYAR (e.g. Total Value) and DVOA (e.g. value on a play-by-play basis) to get a sense of where Cutler currently stands. I was actually pretty surprised given how much I've heard about him this season:

In both DYAR and DVOA Jay Cutler ranks 25th in the league. His stats as a QB are completely pedestrian, the only thing he has been good at this year is completion percentage (65.4%). He's thrown 8TDs to 5INTs and in 8 more passes has thrown for over 100 yards less than Matt Ryan.

Yet, on that same board I saw a link to an ESPN writer that has Jay Cutler listed as an early candidate for League MVP (Sando's MVP Watch). If that's not overrated, I don't know what is.

Edited by Setzertopia

Romo, Ray Lewis, Julius Peppers are at the top for me anyone else is just a big step down from that level of being overrated.

Ray Lewis. That's funny I was thinking the same and didn't think anyone would actually post it. He's good and he was on a good defense and you can argue his stats vs this guy or that, but he's been playing for ever and has played on good defenses. Good defenses make LB's look good or for that matter anyone on the team. And maybe it's just the hype surrounding him. I mean, come on. He definitely falls into the "what have you done for me lately" category. Sad thing is no matter how he does he's still getting voted into the Pro Bowl. Not that that's huge, but when there's far better players getting pushed aside for a popularity contest (and numerous players have called it that) than that's a shame. All the Raven fans are getting their votes in already.

Wow, my two cents. As you can tell I'm not a Ray Lewis fan at all. Hey, let's go shoot somebody...I mean be there when someone else shoots him...I mean...

This is the most overrated player, which means that their production hasnt lived up to the hype the media puts on them. I dont see how Ray Lewis fits in this category by any means.

I feel like the most overrated player is Jay Cutler, dude is a Turnover Machine, Royal, Marshall, Schefeler(sp), and the Oline bailed him out in Denver.