Fox Sports power rankings....

Dirtybirdn@tion

Saints # 2

THE BRIGHT SIDE: New Orleans has been the league's most consistently dominant team, winning every game by at least two touchdowns behind a defense that has forced 13 turnovers in just four games.

THE FLIP SIDE: Each of their wins is starting to come with its own grain of salt -- defeating Matt Stafford in his NFL debut, beating the Eagles without Donovan McNabb, killing a disintegrating Buffalo team, then feasting on another rookie QB's mistakes over the suddenly-mortal Jets.

THIS WEEK: vs. Giants (5-0)

My link

---------------------------------

I bring this up because I was blasted by a few Saints fans for even implying this.

I'm dead serious, I feel like I don't know how good the Saints defense really is. Could be for real.... Could be Smoke and mirrors....

I think this week we'll see for sure.....

Edited by Dirtybirdn@tion

i think the saints D is good, even better than ours, but i don't think they're as good as the media is making them out to be. greer, sharper and the signing of williams have definitely helped that D though.

I agree with the above statement. I just want to see them play, anyone besides a rookie or career back-up for that matter.

I could even say the RB's the Saints defense have faced is about as scrub as the QB's handing them the ball!

I agree with the above statement. I just want to see them play, anyone besides a rookie or career back-up for that matter.

I could even say the RB's the Saints defense have faced is about as scrub as the QB's handing them the ball!

yup...that Westbrook is crap. So is Fred Jackson for the Bills who is the 8th leading rusher with a 4.5 yard average on a team that can't throw. Oh, and the New York Jets are the 7th best rushing team in the NFL

the QB argument I can buy, but the RB argument is crap

yup...that Westbrook is crap. So is Fred Jackson for the Bills who is the 8th leading rusher with a 4.5 yard average on a team that can't throw. Oh, and the New York Jets are the 7th best rushing team in the NFL

the QB argument I can buy, but the RB argument is crap

Well you have good points. I still think it takes a good QB to help open up a running game.

I guess we will both agree to dis-agree on this.....

Well you have good points. I still think it takes a good QB to help open up a running game.

Fred Jackson has averaged 4.5 yards per carry even tho everyone knows the Bills can't throw. That's pretty impressive. You can't say the Jets have not been successful on offense both thru the air and on the ground...it wasn't their offense that lost them the game on Monday night.

So is a Shaun Hill-led 49ers Offense minus Frank Gore absolutely pathetic? How about a The Dolphins, winless with Pennington? Delhomme? laugh.gif

Why don't we just let the wins speak for themselves? Sound fair?

Saints D has been very impressive lately.. and unfortunatly I believe they are for real. That was the only good thing I though we had going for us in the Saints game. Cause I know Ryan can bang with Brees... But that defense has really stepped up and will make it very hard on us..

Go Falcons

So is a Shaun Hill-led 49ers Offense minus Frank Gore absolutely pathetic? How about a The Dolphins, winless with Pennington? Delhomme? laugh.gif

sure

Lets look at the saints playing a rookie making his first nfl start.....for the lions

Lets look at the Saints playing a 2nd year player....... making his first career start.

Lets look at the Saints playing a terrible qb in Edwards with an absolutly BAD offensive line in the Bills

Lets look at the Saints playing another rookie making his 4th career start on a team with no real threat at wr... in the Jets.

Yea let the games speak for themselves

I agree on letting the Ws speak for themselves because at the end of the day that's all that matters. The Saints D has played consistent in the 1st quarter of the season. Now can they keep it up? Don't know, but their record will reflect how good their team was at the end of the season and you are what your record says you are.

So, you guys wanna trash our victories but when we do it to you we let the wins speak for themselves?

Sounds like the inability to conduct a solid argument, to me.

I believe falcon fan served that ball first. That whole arument is trash and ridiculous

Records at the time of the game

Chad Pennington 43-37

Jake Delhomme 50-33

Thomas Brady 90-23

Shaun Hill 10-4

Combined 193-97...wow

Combined Saints opponents QB winnings...17-17

Big difference...argument not ridiculous

Records at the time of the game

Chad Pennington 43-37

Jake Delhomme 50-33

Thomas Brady 90-23

Shaun Hill 10-4

Combined 193-97...wow

Combined Saints opponents QB winnings...17-17

Big difference...argument not ridiculous

cmon man....you are better than that. Past performance is not relevant here. Falcons fans have been absolutely trashing Jake Delhomme except when it comes to their win over the Panthers

Saints # 2

THE BRIGHT SIDE: New Orleans has been the league's most consistently dominant team, winning every game by at least two touchdowns behind a defense that has forced 13 turnovers in just four games.

THE FLIP SIDE: Each of their wins is starting to come with its own grain of salt -- defeating Matt Stafford in his NFL debut, beating the Eagles without Donovan McNabb, killing a disintegrating Buffalo team, then feasting on another rookie QB's mistakes over the suddenly-mortal Jets.

THIS WEEK: vs. Giants (5-0)

My link

---------------------------------

I bring this up because I was blasted by a few Saints fans for even implying this.

I'm dead serious, I feel like I don't know how good the Saints defense really is. Could be for real.... Could be Smoke and mirrors....

I think this week we'll see for sure.....

Not as much salt as you say.

The Lions- I give agree but this same lions team hung with the vikings till the end.

The Eagles- were still a good team with Kolb. Whos to say that McNabb would have made that much of a diffence. Not 20 points worth.

The Bills- not the same team we played and the same team that should have beat the patriots the week before.

The Jets- They did beat the patriots and were 4-0. They played against a much improved dolphin team than week 1. And I noticed that the comentators mention that they ran the same run plays against the jets as we did.