Brees: "The Saints haven't been an offensive juggernaut in their past two games by design."

nolafan33

Nola's (unfortunately valid argument) is that not all of his incompletions are on him. In fact, a few of them (throw away's for instance) might be a good decision.

No his argument is they did not do well "by design".......

As usual he is taking somthing and spin it to try and make the saints look better then they are.

an incompletion isa miss no matter how you slice it... if its a drop its missed chance for a catch, if its thrown away its a missed chance for a complition due to other factors.

So try and spin it as the saints struggled on offense was " by design" is totally asinine

Edited by falconsd56

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said we didn't score intentionally, that'd be one of the dumbest things ever done.

The Jets D definetly played a part.

Ok, the problem here is, not that I don't believe you- but that I don't believe Brees and Payton.

Conservative my foot, I think that if they could have put up, oh say, 35 points in the first half of both those games, they would have.

I think they wanted to, couldn't, and are putting the best spin possible on it.

I'm thinking we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I am also looking forward to the next few weeks, we both get to see what out respective teams are made of.

I think Saints/Giants is going to be a fantastic game.

I'm impressed with a 4-0 start, but not with the teams/QBs the saints beat- in three of the games, they had as many/more turnovers than the QB had starts- Stafford 1 start, Det 3 TOs-the other game was buffalo.

Now, if your team can beat the giants I will be impressed by the team.

Ok, the problem here is, not that I don't believe you- but that I don't believe Brees and Payton.

Conservative my foot, I think that if they could have put up, oh say, 35 points in the first half of both those games, they would have.

I am also looking forward to the next few weeks, we both get to see what out respective teams are made of.

I'm impressed with a 4-0 start, but not with the teams/QBs the saints beat- in three of the games, they had as many/more turnovers than the QB had starts- Stafford 1 start, Det 3 TOs-the other game was buffalo.

I agree the saints had turnover against inexperienced QB but I give their newly designed defense some credit as well? They still have to make plays and that they've done even with some defensive TDs. The litmus test is coming up in the next few weeks for both our teams!

I believe them, it was crystal clear that the Saints wanted to come out and run the football the past two games. When your coach has confidence in your run game, why drop back your franchise 40 or more times if you think you can win on the ground?

I honestly stopped reading after the first two sentences. An incomplete pass isn't a miss.

Try again.

So Drew Brees and Sean Payton drew up plays designed to be incomplete passes?!

Genius!!! Why the **** havent the rest of the football thought of that?

Only acceptable incomplete pass is a throwaway...and there should be less than 3 a game of those.

I believe them, it was crystal clear that the Saints wanted to come out and run the football the past two games. When your coach has confidence in your run game, why drop back your franchise 40 or more times if you think you can win on the ground?

How come when I preached that the last two years you disagreed with me then?

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

In the Detroit game, saints had a 2 TD lead after two possessions, if they had been able to do that in the last two games they would have. That's all I'm saying. These quotes sound suspiciously like coach-speak for " Oh, we could have scored tons of points, we just didn't want to."

Again, if a fan of any other team had made this claim, you'd be just as dismissive as I have been.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Brees as a QB, he's incredible, and just fun to watch, unless its the Falcon's secondary he's shredding.

In the Detroit game, saints had a 2 TD lead after two possessions, if they had been able to do that in the last two games they would have. That's all I'm saying. These quotes sound suspiciously like coach-speak for " Oh, we could have scored tons of points, we just didn't want to."

Again, if a fan of any other team had made this claim, you'd be just as dismissive as I have been.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Brees as a QB, he's incredible, and just fun to watch, unless its the Falcon's secondary he's shredding.

Opening game in the Dome against Detroit does not compare to an away game in Buffalo with bad conditions and a good matchup with the Jets. The Buffalo game can all be thrown out the window, because in those conditions no team was going to have a very explosive offense. I've mentioned it several times, the Saints gameplanned to run the football, not pass it 40+ times and rely on our defense. It's not a hard concept. Nowhere in there have I said they gameplanned to score less points.

Edited by nolafan33

So Drew Brees and Sean Payton drew up plays designed to be incomplete passes?!

Genius!!! Why the **** havent the rest of the football thought of that?

Only acceptable incomplete pass is a throwaway...and there should be less than 3 a game of those.

How about 2 in the last three games?

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The GAMEPLAN for those games were clearly to run the football and rely on your defense to hold the opposing offense. Now, how many teams do you think go into every week with that same gameplan the past few years. I can name a few off the top of my head.

Ain't that the truth?

i too believe if they could have put up forty they would have tried. I believe Payton really did want to run the ball more and be more conservative. I dont know much about the x's and o's but he couldnt of liked the matchups that the jets provided.

I can say this. I HATE the way our offense was run the last two weeks. Its not all that exciting to watch. It WON us the game so i was happy but i'd much rather watch Brees eat up Defenses. Thats just my preference.

If running the ball like we did the last two weeks gets us in the playoffs then ill be more than happy to cheer along and beat my chest after a win. But as a football fan i want to see last years offense.

i too believe if they could have put up forty they would have tried. I believe Payton really did want to run the ball more and be more conservative. I dont know much about the x's and o's but he couldnt of liked the matchups that the jets provided.

I can say this. I HATE the way our offense was run the last two weeks. Its not all that exciting to watch. It WON us the game so i was happy but i'd much rather watch Brees eat up Defenses. Thats just my preference.

If running the ball like we did the last two weeks gets us in the playoffs then ill be more than happy to cheer along and beat my chest after a win. But as a football fan i want to see last years offense.

That's because after two years of your way and a 15-17 record Payton has wised up!

Opening game in the Dome against Detroit does not compare to an away game in Buffalo with bad conditions and a good matchup with the Jets. The Buffalo game can all be thrown out the window, because in those conditions no team was going to have a very explosive offense. I've mentioned it several times, the Saints gameplanned to run the football, not pass it 40+ times and rely on our defense. It's not a hard concept. Nowhere in there have I said they gameplanned to score less points.

I understand what you are saying, just disagree with it.

Look at this way- when Payton was asked about the wildcat in NO, he said, basically, "Why would I take the ball out of Brees' hands 6 to 10 times a game?

That's what a conservative "balanced" O does- takes the ball out of Brees' hands 6 to 10 times a game.

I promise you that every D coordinator in the league wants the Saints to run more.

I understand what you are saying, just disagree with it.

Look at this way- when Payton was asked about the wildcat in NO, he said, basically, "Why would I take the ball out of Brees' hands 6 to 10 times a game?

That's what a conservative "balanced" O does- takes the ball out of Brees' hands 6 to 10 times a game.

I promise you that every D coordinator in the league wants the Saints to run more.

At 166 yards a game and the D playing the way they are playing. ILL RUN ALL DAY THEN

Nola's (unfortunately valid argument) is that not all of his incompletions are on him. In fact, a few of them (throw away's for instance) might be a good decision.

This team is badazz. Like the #1 O two of the past three seasons forgot how to be a juggernaut, lol. :rolleyes:

The only people who don't know this either don't know football, or are in denial.

I'd say it's a bit of both. ;)

What Bree's said about it being by design?

Patently absurd.

Every team in the NFL will run the score up as high as they can until the game is no longer in doubt.

That's a fact.

I don't buy any of that.

BTW this offensive Juggernaut still has yet to win the Superbowl.

They are a good team yes, but you saints fans seem to think they are already superbowl champs and invincible. Which is worthy only of :rolleyes:

To win is by design, by any means necessary. All I see is big Ws for this COMPLETE Saints team. What a sobering reality for the rest of the league that Saints got a helluva defense and running game to go with the already patented passing game, B)

To win yes.

I'll believe the Aints are a complete team if they can prove it ALL season long.