Why this game is CRUCIAL and why we will not lose to Cutler

First off let me say I couldnt be more impressed how we handled a decent opponent last week flying cross country and how our offense got going and our dline stepped up . Now that we have put that one in the books we face a good Bears team in a National televised TV game.

The bye week the Bears have does not scare me cause they can have 2 months to prepare for this game as long as we have our coaching staff and Matt Ryan at the helm Im sure we will have put together a game plan to counter attack there 2 week of stuyding our offense and trying to find holes in our defense. I feel the Bears can come out more flat from time off then we come off a BIG win and play dead. This team under Mike Smith has rarely ever played from behind so by doing this we dont face the snowball effect of trying to fight a uphill battle.

The Dome and our fans is going to play a crucial part to this game. We need to be as loud as we can when Bears have the ball on offense.

Now to the Bears offense

Cutler is not the Cutler in Denver. This offense is dumbed down a little and he is not asked to do as much. I have watched a couple of Bears game and all they are asking from Cutler is too make a play here or there and keep the chains moving on 3rd down. This is something Cutler is good at doing. Shutting down there run game with Forte is going to be a huge factor .If they were to get this run game going against us ..We will then be forced to drop Coleman into the box and they have the speed at wr in Hester and Knox and the Tight End to exploit the middle of the field...

Im expecting a HUGE HUGE GAME ..from John Abraham it might be one of those special perfromances we see

from him like the Carolina game from a couple of years ago or the KC game last year . He has the speed to beat Pace off the edge. Cutler gets the ball out of his hands pretty quick but on deep drops he can be vunerable. I will also call a forced fumble by Abe. We also need to see Babs step up this game and apply pressure in the backfield and cause havoc on run plays to free up Lofton .

Hester had a good game vs us last year if I recall but we did not allow the big play..We need to keep him in front of us. I think Houston would be up to the task . He has the speed to stay with Hester he just doesnt have the ball awareness. I wouldnt be surpised they took several shots deep against him

When the Falcons have the ball

We will continue to do what we do .. We will look to establish the run and get that going. Which i think we have a chance to really get that going this week. I think Chicago is going to allow Turner/Norwood to beat them and try and disguise the coverages this week I also think Norwood has a break out game. They are not going to let Ryan move up and down the field passing and moving the chain with 7-12 yard passes. I wouldnt be surpised one bit we have 35+ rushing attempts this game..The Bears defensive ends are decent Brown and Ogunleye but I will give the edge to our oline in pass protection . Now that will leave Lovie wondering if he is to start dialing up the blitz to create pressure and leave there corners all alone. ..Tony Gonzalez should have a solid day in the middle of the field as well . The Bears are going to have to choose who they want to shut down and I feel they will look to shut down the big play potentail with Roddy coming off the week he had. Jenkins should see some plays called his way he has a favorable match up against Zack Browman

***WATCH FOR MULARKY TO CALL A TRICK PLAY ** that will be talked about come Monday

summary

This game is huge in case we are fighting for a wild card position which there is a good chance we might be the team that comes away has that tie breaker over the other. I love that this game is home in Primetime. Its going to give the world a chance to see how special our QB is and how well coached and how much have we grown from last season. I think the win over the 49ers last week will give this team momentum more then we come out flat .. This will be a good fought good played game. As long as we dont turn the ball over we should come out with a win

Prediction

Falcons-27

Bears-21

Ryan 20- 29 238 yards 1 td

Turner - 26 carries 111 yards 1 td

Norwood -9 carries 77 yards 1 td ( breaks loose on a 41 yard td run)

Tony G - 6 catches 76 yards

Jenkins -5 catches 60 yards-1 td

White- 4 catches 51 yards

Booker-3 catches 33 yards

Norwood-2 catches 18 yards

Defensive stars

Abe-3 sacks/ 1 forced fumble

Lofton 12 tackles

Chris Houston - 1 int /2 pass defends

Babs- 2 tackles for loss/ 5 total tackles

Bierman -1 sack

One reason I think this game is huge is that it's one of the two games on our schedule that's different from the Saints' schedule. We already beat the 49ers, and if we can beat Chicago, then ATL and NO both end up playing the same teams the same number of times otherwise (their other game is vs STL IIRC). It would be a huge victory for us to beat both SF and CHI, and so to have overcome one of the big scheduling issues we have.

Edited by Firstiary

One reason I think this game is huge is that it's one of the two games on our schedule that's different from the Saints' schedule. We already beat the 49ers, and if we can beat Chicago, then ATL and NO both end up playing the same teams the same number of times otherwise (their other game is vs STL IIRC). It would be a huge victory for us to beat both SF and CHI, and so to have overcome one of the big scheduling issues we have.

Actually it will be advantage Atlanta because the Saints are going to get smoked by the Rams at St. Louis when they play there.

Ok, maybe not.

I agree that the game is huge. The next two games are at New Orleans and at Dallas. Those games on the road are 50/50 at best so it's crucial the Falcons take care of business in this game, and I think they will.

I think if we pull this game off which I think we will I think we are going into Dallas and beating them

and then we start getting on a roll and we are in for a prime showdown with the Saints who I think will be undefeated. I just dont see how the Giants can keep pace with the Saints on that surface.

6-0 Saints vs a 5-1 Falcons on Monday Night

as i said about the dolphins game, the niners game and the panthers game, this is a game we should win and most likely will win. we're just the all around better team IMO. ryan had arguably the best game of his career against them last year. roddy went to work as well.

their D is good, but i don't think they'll be able to defend all of our options on offense. all we need to do is get out to a two score lead and we should be in good shape. then we can unleash abe, the beerman and babineaux on chicagos "ok" offensive line. our secondary shouldn't have too much trouble against their wideouts and TEs, but you can't sleep on knox or hester's speed.

we need to stop forte though. we can't let them get PA going with those speedy receivers. our corners could get sucked in and with cutler's arm strength and accuracy it would be ugly.

31-20 falcons

From what I have seen from bears fans their defensive backs are bad and that would be the best way to beat them.

They play zone and they play it pretty well. I really think it is to the Falcons advantage that Matt played against them last year. There will be a lot he and Mularkey can study from that game to get ready for this week. Lovie isn't like the Patriots, his defensive gameplan doesn't really change from week to week.

I think if we pull this game off which I think we will I think we are going into Dallas and beating them

and then we start getting on a roll and we are in for a prime showdown with the Saints who I think will be undefeated. I just dont see how the Giants can keep pace with the Saints on that surface.

6-0 Saints vs a 5-1 Falcons on Monday Night

I disagree. I highly doubt that the Saints can beat the Giants. That defense is too good and their offense is no slouch either. The Saints are good, but the Giants are the class of the NFC right now. I think we both go into the Monday Night game 5-1 and it's a battle for first place.

I also am excited to see what our special teams is going to do against there special teams

i am too. most of the fans on their board are sleeping on our special teams and don't know how good our cover unit is. BUT for as good as our cover unit is there return unit may be just as good. it seems like they can stick any return man back there and take it back for 6.

we did shut down their return game last year though. hopefully we do the same again.

I disagree. I highly doubt that the Saints can beat the Giants. That defense is too good and their offense is no slouch either. The Saints are good, but the Giants are the class of the NFC right now. I think we both go into the Monday Night game 5-1 and it's a battle for first place.

If the game was in NY ..I would give the Giants the edge. but this game is in New Orleans where the Saints are potent. This is the same Giant team that has played cupcakes for the past 3 weeks. The same Giants team that almost lost to the Cowboys .. Giants are a very very good team and you are right the class of the NFC but this game is being played on Saints home surface . Also Eli isnt at 100% and this is not the Saints defense of the past couple of years either.

Saints -30

Giants -24

Michael Koenen Will be a key factor in this game. If he can make real good punts that are high and deep (gotta love that "hang time") to where he makes'em "Fair catch" and makes'em "touch back" on our kick offs, then that part would have our ST out playing their ST.

If I recall, we did well in this area last year.