Colts Release Starting NT Ed Johnson

lostnmexico

Take a chance on Pothead Johnson?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do we bring in Ed Johnson after Jerry's injury?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only after putting a little weed in the opposing QB's jockstrap

and so does derrick johnson and glen dorsey..I know TD will make a move signing somebody before the trade deadline seeing that DT is our greatest position of need right now with jerry out for the season..GET ER DONE!!!!

I'd personally rather see Johnson or Dorsey... maybe both. Johnson is in his 5th season and is only 26. The only thing about him that makes me wonder is why so little production this year? He was a monster last year.

Dorsey is much better than people give him credit. I really don't understand why everyone thinks he is a bust. I still say try to give KC JA98 and a 4th for Dorsey and see if they bite. JA98 might work well as a 3-4 DE...

The move was originally reported by Profootballtalk.com and confirmed by the team Wednesday. Johnson started each of Indianapolis' first five games, helping the club to rank 14th in the league against the run, which is very good for usually leaky Colts. Johnson's behavioral problems date back to Penn State. He probably violated a team rule, and was re-signed before the season on a no-tolerance basis. Details figure to emerge soon.

FUTURE FALCON

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6'2' / 296

DOB: 12/18/1983

COLLEGE: Penn State

I'd personally rather see Johnson or Dorsey... maybe both. Johnson is in his 5th season and is only 26. The only thing about him that makes me wonder is why so little production this year? He was a monster last year.

Dorsey is much better than people give him credit. I really don't understand why everyone thinks he is a bust. I still say try to give KC JA98 and a 4th for Dorsey and see if they bite. JA98 might work well as a 3-4 DE...

i seen on nfl.com that johnson's low productions is because of the new regime that todd haley brought in. So im guessing he doesnt fit the scheme that they have in kansas city and has never really got up to speed on it since he hasnt really been on the field.

i seen on nfl.com that johnson's low productions is because of the new regime that todd haley brought in. So im guessing he doesnt fit the scheme that they have in kansas city and has never really got up to speed on it since he hasnt really been on the field.

That's pretty bad.. sounds to me like this scheme change has hurt KC more than helped. Johnson has put up some good numbers. 11 FF's in 4 seasons is not bad...

Someone stated he is too much like Boley. Well until last season most of us thought Boley was going to be here for a long time. While I liked Boley he has only had 1 season that he made some real impact plays which was 2007. Johnson appears to do that every season... until this one but we are only 4 games in. Also, per NFL.com he has not started a single game this year... ???

Several will say "We are fine at LB" and that is just complete BS. One injury and we are in serious trouble at LB. Peterson has played really well this year but he is 33 years old and we need to think about after this season, maybe MP makes it through next season but I don't see us keeping him after that for sure.