Vibe from Bears fans

I haven't checked their message board yet, but can anybody here tell me what vibe the Bears fan are getting from this upcoming game? Do they feel they should have won last year if it wasn't for the "fluke" throw from Ryan to Jenkins? Do they feel that now with Cutler, who beat us last year they should come into the dome and roll? Do they feel like because we've had trouble stopping the run that they should be able to feed Forte and pound the rock against us?

I mention those things trying to think like a Bears fan might.

I think their secondary can be had by our group of White/Jenkins/Gonz and even though our corners aren't shutdown by no means, I don't fear their wideouts. But we should watch out for their tight end Olsen, Clark and even Davis.

And yes, we must stop the run....

I haven't checked their message board yet, but can anybody here tell me what vibe the Bears fan are getting from this upcoming game? Do they feel they should have won last year if it wasn't for the "fluke" throw from Ryan to Jenkins? Do they feel that now with Cutler, who beat us last year they should come into the dome and roll? Do they feel like because we've had trouble stopping the run that they should be able to feed Forte and pound the rock against us?

I think their secondary can be had by our group of White/Jenkins/Gonz and even though our corners aren't shutdown by no means, I don't fear their wideouts. But we should watch out for their tight end Olsen, Clark and even Davis.

I've lived in Chicago for 10 years and unlike Cubs and Sox fans, Bears fans are actually very decent and knowledgable. There are exceptions, of course, as with every team, but the vast majority are good fans.

As to the overall vibe, no, most don't feel like the Ryan throw was a "fluke", and he is the guy that they are most afraid of in this game (rightly so). They do, however, feel like they should have won even though they are the ones who would have been escaping with a victory they didn't deserve if they had hung on (but that's another story). Most think it's going to be a good, close game with the Bears winning by less than a TD.

From what I have gathered over the past few days is that they haven't paid a lick of attention to the Falcons this year and have no idea what they are taking about when evaluating our team's abilities.

Oh yeah some also think we will flop since we are on national TV and Ryan hasn't experienced the pressure of the bright lights of Sunday Night Football.

Psssssst.....yeah right......keep reaching lol!

Well according to them they don't believe that Tony is the best tight end in history.

Well, to be fair - if Ditka had played for the Falcons, there would be plenty of fans here saying the same thing.

I can't hold that against them - even if they are wrong.

some of them think they will lose and we have too much firepower. a lot of them think that they'll beat us. some of them want to get behind by a score or two early because they've won 3 comeback games so far this year.

a lot of them think we're overrated and we have homer fans, BUT there are a good bit that think ryan is a really good qb (some even said better than cutler). they didn't talk too much about the 08 game over there. a couple think ryan will be gun shy in his first primetime game.

they think they'll do a good job stopping turner and tony G. they're worried that lovie smith will put roddy in 1v1 coverage for most of the game and that he'll exploit their secondary like last year.

I think many Bear fans are being cautious.

I'm sure they want blood after last year's game. But the way Ryan carved up their secondary (remember how many 3rd and longs he converted, they were the #1 defense on third down at the time, too) not many of them are underestimating our QB's ability. :lol:

Also, I don't think Cutler has produced as many Bear fans thought he would, so I get a sense that they don't want to get too cocky this time.

But with this said, I'm sure a few will start to show their heads as the week progresses. If(when) we win this week( ;) ), don't expect to hear much if anything from their fan base. But if we happen to lose, boy they will be here to brag as if they were in the superbowl. :lol:

They are too busy worrying how to pay for their visit to Ditka's on Sunday night or where to get a good Brats in Atlanta, and their coronary on Monday....

Who cares what those idiots think?

Don't forget that these are the same fools that last year after we ripped their hearts out were in complete and absolute denial. They kept dwelling on that play clock and I remember many of them insisting that they didn't care what the scoreboard or standings said but that they had not lost that game. As if that wasn't enough several of them were emailing or writing Roger Goodell's office en masse to complain.

You can count on the fact that many of them are still in denial.

There's two groups over there, one's that's actually seen us play and one that just looks at the stats. The one's looking at the stats say "they don't do anything particularly well, except protect the QB." That group thinks we get killed.

The other group thinks their "soft 3rd down zone defense" is going to get eaten alive by Ryan.

Both groups think their special teams with Devin Hester are going to dominate field position. I think not.

some of them think they will lose and we have too much firepower. a lot of them think that they'll beat us. some of them want to get behind by a score or two early because they've won 3 comeback games so far this year.

a lot of them think we're overrated and we have homer fans, BUT there are a good bit that think ryan is a really good qb (some even said better than cutler). they didn't talk too much about the 08 game over there. a couple think ryan will be gun shy in his first primetime game.

they think they'll do a good job stopping turner and tony G. they're worried that lovie smith will put roddy in 1v1 coverage for most of the game and that he'll exploit their secondary like last year.

I would have no problem if we heed that piece of "advice," lol. We're either undefeated or very, very close to it (have to check the stats) in the Smith era when we score first.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

I'm married to a Bears fan and the Bears are my second favorite team. They view this as a tough but winnable game. They are mostly worried that Ryan is going to find too many soft holes in the Tampa 2 with Gonzo and Jenkins getting enough underneath work to give Roddy some shots down the field. They think they can handle the running game, its Ryan they are really worried about.

I would have no problem if we heed that piece of "advice," lol. We're either undefeated or very, very close to it (have to check the stats) in the Smith era when we score first.

lol yeah we're 13-2 when we score first or something like that, and i tried to point that out to them but they didn't listen and called me a homer fan. the two losses were vs PHI last year and vs NE this year (we only got out to 1 score leads both times).

i hope they let us get out to a 10-0, 14-0, 14-3 type of lead, because that will just spell their doom. their line has trouble with speed rushers and if they get down like that then they'll have to deal with biermann and abe (they'll have to pass more to catch up).

I went to the Bear's message board and read this post:

I'll say this, IF we can contain Atlanta's rushing attack with Michael Turner, double up Roddy White, and put pressure on Matt Ryan to either rush his throws or sack him, then the Bears are going to win easily.

Lol.

I'll say this, IF we can contain Atlanta's rushing attack with Michael Turner, double up Roddy White, and put pressure on Matt Ryan to either rush his throws or sack him, then the Bears are going to win easily.

Lol.

In other words, IF the Bears are allowed to play with 13 men on defense, then they are going to win easily.

Lol.

Well thats the easy part isn't it?

Lol.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Classic!!!! I'm intrigued to hear how he plans to achieve all that at once .....