you what ticks me off?

raysnill1

Brett Favre & the Vikings barely beat the 49ers on a miracle throw in the final seconds of the game and Favre is GOD! Ryan & the Birds dismantle the same 49er defense and now the 49ers were flat? Never mind that Ryan is easily one of the top QBs in the league, Tony G is the greatest TE of all times, Roddy is a pro-bowl receiver, & Turner is a beast of a RB. on top of that we really haven't even hit our stride yet.

I just wanted to vent and I've never started a thread before in all the years I've been posting here

and another thing that ticks me off, forgetting to add the word know in the subject line!

Edited by raysnill1

i cant ever seem to remember the falcons getting a lot of credit and getting bragged about.

another thing to remember about the vikings game, the vikings should have lost to them while playing at home.

One thing about the our team is that we tend to fly under the radar and get no cred. When we do start garnering lots of attention we tend to poop the bed like the season we started 6-2 and finished 2-6

One thing about the our team is that we tend to fly under the radar and get no cred. When we do start garnering lots of attention we tend to poop the bed like the season we started 6-2 and finished 2-6

true, but you got to remember those two season your talking about (where we started 6-2 and finished 7-9 and 8-8) were when vick was the quarterback. now we have matty, cant seem to believe he will finish a 6-2 season like that.

the only reason we lost some credit this year was because of the patriots game.

Edited by atlbravesfalcs7

I can't believe somebody gave you a negative on that! My positive got you back even.

It happens almost everyday about this time (school is out). Someone spends their entire daily negative quota on every post of mine they see. It is nice to know I have haterz in ever age group.

I posted this in another thread, but it's applicable here, too:

Here's how the media looks at it...

Minnesota is great because Favre is great. 49ers almost beat Minnesota in their house, therefore the 49ers are great, too.

The Jets are great because Sanchez is great. The Saints beat the mighty Sanchez, therefore, the Saints are great.

The Falcons, well, they aren't too good. Sure they beat the Dolphins who we thought were great, but we were mistaken because after all, the Falcons beat them.

Now after this week...

The Dolphins beat the "great" Jets. Well what do you know, we were right after all. The Dolphins are great because they beat Sanchez and the Jets. But that means the Falcons might be good after all because they beat the Dolphins. And futhermore, the Falcons destroyed the 49ers, who we know are great because they almost beat Favre in Minnesota. Okay, here's how we'll do it. The Dolphins are simply great because they beat the Jets...and we'll just not mention the Falcons because it throws our perspective off. Yeah, that's how we'll spin it!

Minnesota is great because Favre is great. 49ers almost beat Minnesota in their house, therefore the 49ers are great, too.

The Jets are great because Sanchez is great. The Saints beat the mighty Sanchez, therefore, the Saints are great.

The Falcons, well, they aren't too good. Sure they beat the Dolphins who we thought were great, but we were mistaken because after all, the Falcons beat them.

Now after this week...

The Dolphins beat the "great" Jets. Well what do you know, we were right after all. The Dolphins are great because they beat Sanchez and the Jets. But that means the Falcons might be good after all because they beat the Dolphins. And futhermore, the Falcons destroyed the 49ers, who we know are great because they almost beat Favre in Minnesota. Okay, here's how we'll do it. The Dolphins are simply great because they beat the Jets...and we'll just not mention the Falcons because it throws our perspective off. Yeah, that's how we'll spin it!

Get back to work Voice, you are not on lunch.

true, but you got to remember those two season your talking about (where we started 6-2 and finished 7-9 and 8-8) were when vick was the quarterback. now we have matty, cant seem to believe he will finish a 6-2 season like that.

the only reason we lost some credit this year was because of the patriots game.

I agree with you we do have matt and he has given us more attention.I don't think we lost cred with the loss to the pats. I think a part of the problem is the market. Teams like dallas pittsburgh and new york get attention by default. For our team to truly get what credit Is due we have to play lights out. The next couple of weeks and in paticular the national game against the bears will determine how much attention well get this season. Take the bengals for example they beat batimore and pittsburgh and they're really not getting what they diserve quite yet.

Now after this week...

perfect analogy

also Drew Brees is the second best QB in the league but I just read a post where he & Ryan's numbers are very similar ... hmmmmm.

Now after this week...

All our wins are because our opponents that day were having bad days. All our losses are to be expected.

It happens almost everyday about this time (school is out). Someone spends their entire daily negative quota on every post of mine they see. It is nice to know I have haterz in ever age group.

The fickle sports media's not gushing over our FALCONS...In their myopic minds, our team's not glamorous enough, not controversial enough, (Falcons stayed on the news when Michael Vick hit that jackpot with the dogfighting thing), they'd rather spend more time talking about what's wrong with the dallas cowchips, I mean, cowboys...But this is just fine with me, the greatest glory is the one no one sees coming, and it is my sincere hope that our FALCONS keep on doing what they're doing, continue to lay a quiet path of destruction like they did the other day with the 49'ers (that was beautiful!), I promise you, someone will sit up and take notice, and hopefully by then, the FALCONS will have arrived on the grandest of stages, and this time, emerge victorious!

Strength and Honor! Go Falcons!!!

Edited by JazzFalcon