Record by January?

juiceaccts

Here's our remaining schedule. We're currently 3-1.

Chicago

@ Dallas

@ New Orleans

Washington

@ Carolina

@ New York (Giants)

Tampa Bay

Philadelphia

New Orleans

@ New York (Jets)

Buffalo

@ Tampa Bay

Bolded are the games I feel are almost gimmies due to their performances this year so far.

The Jets look far less intimidating after their losses to the Saints and Phins, and Dallas isn't looking very impressive this year at all, and who knows what Carolina will do with this year.

So, sitting at 3-1... If you take those 4 bolded wins, all we have to do is take 2 of the next 8 (3 of which are at home) to break the "curse."

Sounds pretty promising.

Monday night's game was a great thing to see, for me. It made me feel a little better about the Saint's position in our divison. It made a team they beat look not-so-good, and it made a team we beat seem like they would be better when the Saints face them.

I started off thinking we'd go 10-6 but I'm leaning towards an optimistic 11-5 now that I'm seeing the decline of some of our opponents.

Let's hope we stay on track.

Edited by juiceaccts

I started off thinking we'd go 10-6 but I'm leaning towards an optimistic 11-5 now that I'm seeing the decline of some of our opponents.

It's not so much of a decline in the opponents as much as it is the teams have had enough games to show how good/bad they actually are. Once you have 1/4 of your data you can start to get a more clear picture about the quality of the teams. Of course the Cowboys tend to collapse later in the season than most teams.

Here's our remaining schedule. We're currently 3-1.

Chicago

@ Dallas

@ New Orleans

Washington

@ Carolina

@ New York (Giants)

Tampa Bay

Philadelphia

New Orleans

@ New York (Jets)

Buffalo

@ Tampa Bay

Bolded are the games I feel are almost gimmies due to their performances this year so far.

The Jets look far less intimidating after their losses to the Saints and Phins, and Dallas isn't looking very impressive this year at all, and who knows what Carolina will do with this year.

So, sitting at 3-1... If you take those 4 bolded wins, all we have to do is take 2 of the next 8 (3 of which are at home) to break the "curse."

Sounds pretty promising.

Monday night's game was a great thing to see, for me. It made me feel a little better about the Saint's position in our divison. It made a team they beat look not-so-good, and it made a team we beat seem like they would be better when the Saints face them.

Of the remaining games - put them all in BOLD if you are suggesting teams we CAN beat. Regardless - I'm fairly comfortable thinking we beat the curse this year. I truly believe we go to the playoffs again. It's also a great possibility that we win the division.

But, the games have to be played on the field, and we really won't know for a long time where we'll end up - so right now - I keep making myself focus on the next game - next game and I'm trying not to look too far ahead yet.

That being said, I have everything from my toes to my eyes crossed for luck this year.

I think we will win 9 or 10. However, when I look at the all of the teams in the NFC, the only ones I can say I honestly feel are better than us are the Giants, Saints, and Eagles in that order. The only difficulty we will have making the playoffs is some of the average teams like Dallas piling up really weak wins.

For that reason, I feel our games agianst SF, Chi, Phi, and Dal are perhaps the 4 most important on our schedule. Throw in GB, and I feel like those teams will be in the Wild Card fight.

I dont go for prediction threads too much, but i will say this:

Our schedule doesnt look nearly as intimidating to me as it did before the season started. Coming out of the gate and taking 3 of the first 4 is a great start.

The Falcons seem to be on the right track to becoming one of the better teams in the NFC on a consistant basis. That winning tradition year in and year out that TD and M. Smith always talk about appears to be here and now instead of down the road. Which says wonders about thier ability to bring in talent that is good for the system whether through the draft or free agent acquisition.

I know we still have a long road ahead of us this season, and i expect some ups and downs, but i am no longer scared to play the schedule that at first appeared to be one of the hardest in the league. This coming stretch of road games will say a lot about our teams character, which i view as being one of the best in the league.

Bring on da Bears!

Of the remaining games - put them all in BOLD if you are suggesting teams we CAN beat. Regardless - I'm fairly comfortable thinking we beat the curse this year. I truly believe we go to the playoffs again. It's also a great possibility that we win the division.

But, the games have to be played on the field, and we really won't know for a long time where we'll end up - so right now - I keep making myself focus on the next game - next game and I'm trying not to look too far ahead yet.

That being said, I have everything from my toes to my eyes crossed for luck this year.

Oh, we can definitely win any game we're in. That's the first step to being a great team. It's exciting to say that I think our offense and defense is still developing, and that the Saints can't really perform any better than they have been. I'm hoping the Giants game brings them back to Earth.

are first back to back loss... say it aint so

Could be another when we face the Saints then Jets later in the year. I don't think we lose to Dallas and I think we have a great chance at the Jets because it's later in the year. I'm hoping we can split with the Saints. If we sweep them I'll be ecstatic.

I think we will win 9 or 10. However, when I look at the all of the teams in the NFC, the only ones I can say I honestly feel are better than us are the Giants, Saints, and Eagles in that order. The only difficulty we will have making the playoffs is some of the average teams like Dallas piling up really weak wins.

For that reason, I feel our games agianst SF, Chi, Phi, and Dal are perhaps the 4 most important on our schedule. Throw in GB, and I feel like those teams will be in the Wild Card fight.

I dont feel like any team is better than us. We have the talent to compete with any team in the NFL, and have a chance to win against each and every team we play.

My Two Cents:

Chicago - Win (they have no secondary...we have white, gonzo, jenks, weems, and that old guy)

@ Dallas - Win (Brooking will cry)

@ New Orleans - Loss (it is the NFC SOUTH where home field matters)

Washington - Win (meangelo who?)

@ Carolina - Win (ok, home field matters unless you are Carolina)

@ New York (Giants)- Loss (and I am OK with that)

Tampa Bay - Win (no comment needed)

Philadelphia - Pick 'em. I dont know. Vick will want to prove something. But only if he gets off the bench.

New Orleans - Win.

@ New York (Jets)- Win (Our sophomore makes there rookie look like a chump.)

Buffalo - Win (Trent who? TO what?)

@ Tampa Bay - Win. We have to play it out.

You falcons fans are amazing....you have a great past season and you think you're penciled in for the Superbowl.

Who really knows how good you are at this stage? You might run the table all the way to the Lombardi Trophy...

Some of you dudes must be still in diapers in terms of NFL years....with all your nonsensical predictions based on 4-5 games played.

It's no wonder most NFL teams have massive security around their players.......you phycos are a threat.

Pre-season, I'd have said there was no way a wild card team would come out of the NFCS. I figured the second-best record would be around 9-7 and the other divisions looked too tough to let a 9-7 team into the playoffs. Now I'm thinking the second best NFCS record will be better than 9-7 and the other divisions aren't as strong as they seemed. I'm not big on making predictions, but I'm thinking now that we'll definitely see Atlanta and New Orleans in the post-season. The games against the NFCE loom larger than ever, but I think the Falcons can win three out of four there.

You falcons fans are amazing....you have a great past season and you think you're penciled in for the Superbowl.

Who really knows how good you are at this stage? You might run the table all the way to the Lombardi Trophy...

Some of you dudes must be still in diapers in terms of NFL years....with all your nonsensical predictions based on 4-5 games played.

It's no wonder most NFL teams have massive security around their players.......you phycos are a threat.

Still think we're going 5-11?