Jets - Dolphins

Dago

I was watching that game and came to the realization that no matter how good the Jets play on defense, it won't matter. The Wildcat is going to be the kryptonite to that defense. Now I know some of you Falcons fans are going to say I am only coming up with this to make the Saints look better, but most of you know me better than that.

OK...the Jets run a 3-4 defense. Why do that do that? You are sacrificing size on the DL in order to gain speed and to help disguise your scheme. Plus the Jets are build to attack, get into the backfield, and disrupt plays.

So now look at the Wildcat offense. You are sacrificing your normal QB to add in someone who can either run or block in a read option offense. Did anybody notice that Miami's success was mostly to the outside and whenever a Jet DL was in on a tackle it was from behind 5 yards down the field? All Miami had to do was to watch how the Jets DL was set up (which side they shaded to) and adjust the play so that the tackle on the weak side or TE on the strong side moved forward to wall off. That realistically leaves one safety, 2 LBs, and one CB potentially to make a tackle. The Jets CBs couldnt get off their blocks all night and pulling linemen love to get out in space one on one with a LB.

Basically, the Jets defense is made to be aggressive and attack the pocket area. What they are not coached or built to do is play the type of defense that requires you to read the play, hold the line of scrimmage, and play disciplined gap control. There aren't many offenses that use the Wildcat or defenses that use the 3-4, but I would be willing to bet that if someone could research it they would find the 3-4 to be consistently poor against the Wildcat

The Falcons are just right. We gave the wildcat an astonishing 4 (count them) big yards! -_-

the Saints defended it well when the Eagles tried running it. I just think the 3-4 is a poor defense to try to stop it. You miss having that size on the line of scrimmage

i don't know. the ravens 3-4 shut it down twice last year with ryan calling the plays.

you are supposed to stay in your gaps to stop it though so if you're blitzing other gaps it should hurt you. i believe that's what we saw last night.

could be

the other thing is that Miami is a better offense with Henne in there. Up until this season, Pennington was one of the most accurate QBs around but he couldn't zip a ball into tight coverage and he didnt have the arm to throw it long. Henne completely changes how a defense has to play that team

I agree. Miami will give teams trouble down the road. They just didn't matchup well against us!

which may have been a different story if Henne had been back there. Not insulting the Faclons, but everyone knew that Pennington couldn't stretch the field which really handicapped Ginn and that offense

jury is still out on Falcons D, but so far we did shut down the wildcat better than anyone has in 2 seasons...

i think it came down to coaching, our only loss came in new england, where we saw a Pats O do things we have never seen them do, 80% of their O plays they had 2 and sometimes 3 TEs in the game, we were not prepared for that at all... so heres a key to beating Falcons,do things completly dif when you play us... if you do what you do, chances are our coaching will beat you....

as for Mia, i do think they are a better team without Pennington , but even without him in there in week 1 , we still get 4 sacks and Peterson still knocks the he77 outa Fasino and cause 2 fumbles... may have been a closer game but Falcons still win with the way they came into that game they were Fangs out @ the Dome, like they usealy are under M Smith....

So then, would you guess that the Jets are going to see the wildcat from everyone until they stop it? Like, every team left on their schedule I mean?

If so, I could see the Bucs winning here.

JJ running the Wildcat would be off the charts scary, if their crappy coach could install it effectively.

So then, would you guess that the Jets are going to see the wildcat from everyone until they stop it? Like, every team left on their schedule I mean?

If so, I could see the Bucs winning here.

JJ running the Wildcat would be off the charts scary, if their crappy coach could install it effectively.

I dont think a team can just start doing the Wildcat out of the blue :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing Bell, Thomas, and Bush trying it out tho

I dont think a team can just start doing the Wildcat out of the blue :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing Bell, Thomas, and Bush trying it out tho

Better leave Bush out of it, unless you like spending five seconds watching someone run out of bounds just past the line of scrimmage.

OH wait your a Saints fan, you must! :rolleyes:

Better leave Bush out of it, unless you like spending five seconds watching someone run out of bounds just past the line of scrimmage.

OH wait your a Saints fan, you must! :rolleyes:

man if I could get a good DT or OT for him I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat

make that RT...I like our LTs

Edited by Dago

Are you just now coming around to this idea, or were you off the bandwagon earlier than this season?

Just wondering because you're the first Saints fan I've ever seen write something like that. Some other fan of your team would probably feel that's blasphemy.

don't get me wrong...the guy can keep a defense honest but he is paid too much for what he does. If he took a pay cut I would be fine with him

He's on pace for his best season yet, but expect him to take a paycut, along with a few others, this offseason.

which isn't saying much when you compare production to pay. I have said that part of the problem is that our scheme doesnt fit him as a RB but at this point I would prefer to have a stud DT to put next to Ellis than Bush

which isn't saying much when you compare production to pay. I have said that part of the problem is that our scheme doesnt fit him as a RB but at this point I would prefer to have a stud DT to put next to Ellis than Bush

Actually I'm wrong, he isn't on pace. But he's still off to a solid start, and expect to see his touches go up as the season goes on.

EVERYBODY KNOWS I'D TAKE REGGIE "B" IN A HEARTBEAT. THATS WHY

NO ONES WORRIED ...... I CAN'T GET HIM. :rolleyes: