There is a "Chance" We Wear Red on Black vs Chicago

Top Flight

They can't just change uniforms. The uniforms have to be declared to the NFL. They are allowed a third jersey based on a rule change in 02 - but it can't be worn until after the 9th game. We are allowed the alternates twice - but we wore them once against Carolina and we are wearing them later against Tampa.

Uniform Violation Rules

Yep and you know that we break out the black on black when the Saints come to town... so I think we stay with the standard look Sunday night.

But you never know.

They can't just change uniforms. The uniforms have to be declared to the NFL. They are allowed a third jersey based on a rule change in 02 - but it can't be worn until after the 9th game. We are allowed the alternates twice - but we wore them once against Carolina and we are wearing them later against Tampa.

Uniform Violation Rules

He isn't talking about changing our uniforms, he is talking about wearing an alternate pants (black instead of white). League rules say you are allowed to wear alternates twice a year (if I'm not mistaken that does NOT count the throwbacks this season)... AND there are no rules about alternate pants so we could do it without burning a alternate uniform use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_jersey

The NFL was the last of the major professional sports leagues to adopt the third jersey rule in 2002, with the only exceptions being the 1994 season, when teams issued a throwback uniform in honor of the league's 75th Anniversary. Initially, the NFL rule stated that a team may wear their third jersey only once a year, however, after one year this restriction was lessened to
twice a year
. There are
currently no rules on wearing alternate pants
. Teams are also permitted to wear alternate jerseys as often as desired in playoff games (except the Super Bowl, where teams must wear their standard uniforms); the only team to do so (other than in 1994) was the 2008 San Diego Chargers.

I have always liked the all black uniform that we used in that Tampa game at home in 06 when we rushed for over 300 yards!

You're talking about our alternate black jersey with black pants. That has been our traditional "Saints coming to town" uniform the last few years. I'm sure we'll see those uniforms week 14 when the Saints visit the Dome.

He isn't talking about changing our uniforms, he is talking about wearing an alternate pants (black instead of white). League rules say you are allowed to wear alternates twice a year (if I'm not mistaken that does NOT count the throwbacks this season)... AND there are no rules about alternate pants so we could do it without burning a alternate uniform use.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Third_jersey

The NFL was the last of the major professional sports leagues to adopt the third jersey rule in 2002, with the only exceptions being the 1994 season, when teams issued a throwback uniform in honor of the league's 75th Anniversary. Initially, the NFL rule stated that a team may wear their third jersey only once a year, however, after one year this restriction was lessened to
twice a year
. There are
currently no rules on wearing alternate pants
. Teams are also permitted to wear alternate jerseys as often as desired in playoff games (except the Super Bowl, where teams must wear their standard uniforms); the only team to do so (other than in 1994) was the 2008 San Diego Chargers.

Throwbacks count as alternates. You are right about the pants - the rules apply to Jerseys .

Exactly. Anything but our current red/home uniforms. I think our current red uniforms are the worst ones in the history of the franchise.

I don't know about worst in team history, but red jersey/white pants is a very common uniform throughout the NFL. The Cards, Chiefs, Texans, Redskins and Bills all have red/white as either their primary or alternate uniforms.

Throwbacks count as alternates. There is a 3rd alternate allowed after the 9th game.

Ok, I wasn't sure how the throwbacks counted in the grand scheme of things. So likely we burn our remaining alternate against the Saints at home (black on black).

Still, since there are no rules against alternate pants, the suggestion of red/black isn't unrealistic.

We wore the red jersey/black pants combo for what? Four straight weeks in 06?

I still personally think they are the most unique, best looking uniform in the NFL.

FFF7841EE11740A1979305B180E9DB65.ashx

Ok, I wasn't sure how the throwbacks counted in the grand scheme of things. So likely we burn our remaining alternate against the Saints at home (black on black).

Still, since there are no rules against alternate pants, the suggestion of red/black isn't unrealistic.

We wore the red jersey/black pants combo for what? Four straight weeks in 06?

I still personally think they are the most unique, best looking uniform in the NFL.

FFF7841EE11740A1979305B180E9DB65.ashx

One of my favorites as well. But, I just love the throwbacks this year - that red helmet and black uni is so awesome.

One of my favorites as well. But, I just love the throwbacks this year - that red helmet and black uni is so awesome.

Agreed. The throwbacks are really nice as well. I think it has to do with the heavy usage of red and black in both.

I have always felt that since our team colors are red and black that our uniforms should be mostly red and black. I found myself wanting more red in the uniforms when we wore black and gray in the 90's and, although I was too young to really have watched the team play then, I don't like the 80's uniforms for lack of black.

I really don't like our road whites since neither black nor red are heavily featured.

Uniform Violation Rules

This^

Edited by SLICK NICK