Turning point of the game yesterday

There were a lot of big plays yesterday. And you could say the 49ers were never in it. But the fact is, they were. At one point the 49ers had scored 10 straight points, just recovered an Atlanta fumble and had the ball on the Atlanta 30 yard line trailing by only 4 points. A touchdown would have given them their first lead.

But on 3rd and 7 Kroy Biermann broke through for his 3rd sack of the season, putting the 49ers out of field goal range and triggering an avalanche of 21 Falcon points over the next 6 minutes.

THIS was the true turning point of the game. WAY TO GO, BEEEEERMAAAAAANNNN!!!

Maybe. But the reason we won can be represented in three plays, for me:

1. Jenkins outrunning two DBs who had every reason to run harder to stop Roddy's 90 yard TD.

2. Brian Williams hustling to make up for Grimes' choke.

3. Roddy, Ryan, and McClure running up on Dre Bly to get the ball back.

I've never seen more obvious examples of a whole team wanting it more than the other one.

1. Jenkins outrunning two DBs who had every reason to run harder to stop Roddy's 90 yard TD.

I've never seen more obvious examples of a whole team wanting it more than the other one.

true

Man, you are right -- GREAT point! I was so focused on what a great play Roddy made, that it did not dawn on me how incredible it was that MCCLURE RECOVERED THE FUMBLE.

I know Ryan has no quit in him and I knew he would pursue. And I saw Roddy's heads-up play. But the most impressive thing of all is that MCCLURE WAS HAULING HIS AZZ DOWN THE FIELD TO MAKE A PLAY! We were up 35-10, and McClure is an O LINEMAN! And he was hustling, which let him make the play!

We have some UNBELIEVABLE team character! This is really a team to be proud of, and not just for the absolute beat-down they delivered.

Man, you are right -- GREAT point! I was so focused on what a great play Roddy made, that it did not dawn on me how incredible it was that MCCLURE RECOVERED THE FUMBLE.

I know Ryan has no quit in him and I knew he would pursue. And I saw Roddy's heads-up play. But the most impressive thing of all is that MCCLURE WAS HAULING HIS AZZ DOWN THE FIELD TO MAKE A PLAY! We were up 35-10, and McClure is an O LINEMAN! And he was hustling, which let him make the play!

We have some UNBELIEVABLE team character! This is really a team to be proud of, and not just for the absolute beat-down they delivered.

Absolutely.

That is something that they teach little kids but sometimes the pros forget.

If you hustle all the time, good things happen.

If there is one old-school football value that can make your team stand above others in a league of showboating and shellfishnesstm, it is hustle.