Love affair for Falcons’ Ryan is growing

SAN FRANCISCO – I showed up in San Francisco on Sunday morning with a major man-crush on Matt Ryan(notes).

By midway through the third quarter of Sunday’s game at Candlestick Park, I was ready to take the Atlanta Falcons quarterback up to Gavin Newsom’s box on the west side of the stadium and ask the San Francisco mayor to marry us.

No, I’m not being literal (not that there’s anything wrong with that). But I do think Ryan is an awesome football player, and his stellar effort in the Falcons’ 45-10 victory over the San Francisco 49ers bolstered my conviction that the second-year passer is on his way to being the best in the business. (VERY GOOD READ)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Atg5NS4C3D3ftzn6IVbTNGVDubYF?slug=ms-morningrush101209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I love this part of the article..

Yet there were also times when Ryan’s teammates were reminded that he’s still a relative novice.

“At one point in the third quarter he was yelling at us because he thought we weren’t lined up right, and he had to call a timeout,” White recalled. “He can be really loud and aggressive – he doesn’t give y’all that side of him, but it’s there – and he was all over us. But he had called the wrong play! We told him, ‘Uh, you called ‘Choice,’ not ‘Chief.’ And he was like, ‘Oh.’ ”

Confirmed Ryan, laughing: “Yeah, that was on me. It was, ‘Wait a minute – my bad.’ ”

Even worse was Ryan’s decision to try to spike the ball after sneaking to the right pylon for a one-yard touchdown run with 8:20 remaining and victory long since assured.

“We killed him on the sidelines for that,” backup quarterback Chris Redman(notes) said. “We said, ‘Matt, you don’t want to spike the ball when you’re up by 30.’ Plus, it was one of the ugliest spikes ever. He went up with the ball and sort of missed the hard spike, and it just kind of squirted out.”

Ryan’s defense? “I’ve never spiked a football before,” he said. “Never. I probably should’ve practiced it once or twice before I busted it out in a game.”

“We killed him on the sidelines for that,” backup quarterback Chris Redman(notes) said. “We said, ‘Matt, you don’t want to spike the ball when you’re up by 30.’ Plus, it was one of the ugliest spikes ever. He went up with the ball and sort of missed the hard spike, and it just kind of squirted out.”

Ryan’s defense? “I’ve never spiked a football before,” he said. “Never. I probably should’ve practiced it once or twice before I busted it out in a game.”

LMAO...The kid is still learning lol