Realistically Im ranking Matt Ryan top 5 QB in league TODAY.

Is Ryan top tier QB now  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Ryan top 5 QB in league today

• Yes
    • No

1-Peyton Manning

2-Drew Brees

3-Eli Manning ( I hate putting him up there but he is playing great this year with some young wrs)

4-Big Ben

5- Matt Ryan

Now I will get flack how am leaving Tom Brady off this list .. He just doesnt look like himself I think this injury has effected him beyond the player that Tom Brady once was. I have seen him missed a bunch of throws good QBs dont miss over the past couple of weeks. Im not talking about here or there throws where he mis fires he is missing and missing bad on numerous occasions. Chances are he will be back to the old Brady as the year goes on and Ryan might slip down my ranking chart but there is also that chance Ryan impresses me more and more and he clibs up that chart .

1-Peyton Manning

2-Drew Brees

3-Eli Manning ( I hate putting him up there but he is playing great this year with some young wrs)

4-Big Ben

5- Matt Ryan

Now I will get flack how am leaving Tom Brady off this list .. He just doesnt look like himself I think this injury has effected him beyond the player that Tom Brady once was. I have seen him missed a bunch of throws good QBs dont miss over the past couple of weeks. Im not talking about here or there throws where he mis fires he is missing and missing bad on numerous occasions. Chances are he will be back to the old Brady as the year goes on and Ryan might slip down my ranking chart but there is also that chance Ryan impresses me more and more and he clibs up that chart .

Matt Hasselbeck > Ryan

Brett Favre > Ryan

Edited by Lord Dark Helmet

Matt Hasselbeck > Ryan

Brett Favre > Ryan

:rolleyes:

COME ON MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Brokebeck and Favabeans over Ryan?

Brokeback can't stay on the field, much less be better than Ryan.

Favabeans has that defense and AP to help him a ton.

I'd rather have Carson Palmer than Brokebeck.

COME ON MAN!

Both have better passer ratings than Matt Ryan. Both have played in Super Bowls.

As of TODAY, both are better. Ryan is the future.

look beyond the stats. the difference in passer rating is minimal (1-3 points) while favre and hasselback have the vast majority of their stats against the worst pass defenses in the league (Hasselback: Jags, Rams; Favre: Browns, Lions, Packers, Rams) meanwhile Ryan has played against teams that averaged 10 wins last year, 2 division champs, and the patriots. the fact that their passer ratings are basically identical given the vast difference in opponents tells the tale.

the only common opponent is the 49ers. here is how each did against:

Favre: 24/46 52.2% 301 2TDs 1INT 6.5YPA 78.3 Rating

Hasselbeck: 10/18 55.6% 97Yards 0TD 0INT 5.4YPA 70.8 Rating

Ryan: 22/32 68.8% 329yards 2TD 1INT 10.3YPA 110.0 Rating

Ryan>Hasselbeck and Favre

look beyond the stats. the difference in passer rating is minimal (1-3 points) while favre and hasselback have the vast majority of their stats against the worst pass defenses in the league (Hasselback: Jags, Rams; Favre: Browns, Lions, Packers, Rams) meanwhile Ryan has played against teams that averaged 10 wins last year, 2 division champs, and the patriots. the fact that their passer ratings are basically identical given the vast difference in opponents tells the tale.

Great analysis...

Edited by gHost83

1-Peyton Manning

2-Drew Brees

4-Big Ben

5- Matt Ryan

brady is still top 2.

LOL even bandwagon fans like Ryan. He is good.

WOW!! Good info

Thank you for the analysis. It's spot on.

The vikings had to get a miracle pass to get that win against a team we blew out.

Brokebeck is good no doubt, but again if you can't stay on the field then good doesn't do you a whole lot when your QB is in street clothes all the time.

Rankings can be done so many ways there is no right or wrong answer. You can rank Big Ben ahead of Manning and Brees if you look at it the right way.

Ryan has it within his power to help this franchise be consistently legit for the first time ever which makes him NUMBER 1 in my book every day and twice on Sunday.

Both have better passer ratings than Matt Ryan. Both have played in Super Bowls.

Is that the criteria?

Would you say Jake Delhomme is almost as good of a QB as Dan Marino was?

They both have been in one Super Bowl, and Marino's rating is only 2 points higher than Delhommes(86.4 to 84)

I mean.. by your logic, they are almost mirror images, right? No? You mean, you're talking out of your ***? Shocker.

I think he is close. Might be. I take Him over Big Ben any day. I like Big Ben so don't get it twisted. He would be my list.

1. Peyton

2. Brees

3. Brady even though he isn't 100% back yet. He will be.

4. Eli

5. Ryan

6. Rivers

7. Rogers

8. Big Ben

10. Carson

Something like that anyway. Arguments can be made for a few to move up or down.

I think he is close. Might be. I take Him over Big Ben any day. I like Big Ben so don't get it twisted. He would be my list.

1. Peyton

2. Brees

3. Brady even though he isn't 100% back yet. He will be.

4. Eli

5. Ryan

6. Rivers

7. Rogers

8. Big Ben

10. Carson

Something like that anyway. Arguments can be made for a few to move up or down.

I think the top 3(Peyton, Brady, and Brees) are in a league of their own. Then I think there are about 7 from there that you can move around in any order. I don't put Matt Ryan in the same category as the elite 3, but I would put him as good or better than any other QB in the NFL.

I think the top 3(Peyton, Brady, and Brees) are in a league of their own. Then I think there are about 7 from there that you can move around in any order. I don't put Matt Ryan in the same category as the elite 3, but I would put him as good or better than any other QB in the NFL.

As of right now, I 100% agree. He is going to be in that elite soon though but I feel some other QB's will be moving into the elite as well in time like Rogers and Flacco. Maybe even Sanchez and Stafford even though many on here don't like him.

What is your point? TRENT DILFER for christ sake HAS a ring! Hasselbeck made it their because of Shaun Alexander. End of discussion. If you think Matt Hasselbeck is a better QB than Ryan simply because he's been to a superbowl you need to stop discussing football. What the f--k has Hasselbeck done since SA's career went down the tubes? Matt Ryan took a team AS A ROOKIE that should have been a complete JOKE to the league, to 11-5.

Edited by atlndvd