4 of next 6 games against teams coming off Bye week

Bears, Dallas, Redskins, Giants.

All four will be coming off bye weeks when we face them over the next stretch.

Granted 4 bye weeks wouldnt help the Redskins at this point but given that extra week, teams like Chicago and Dallas can certainly gain an edge.

Was our bye week sufficient to work out all the kinks needed to face these well rested teams over the next 6 weeks?

Sure Mike Smith can do wonders with the bye week but can these other coaches work magic as well?

This is going to be a very tough stretch and I think we will really get to see where our team stands within the hierarchy of the NFL.

The NFL schedule makers really saw to it that we face even more adversity this season on our way to B2B winning seasons.

Bears, Dallas, Redskins, Giants.

All four will be coming off bye weeks when we face them over the next stretch.

Granted 4 bye weeks wouldnt help the Redskins at this point but given that extra week, teams like Chicago and Dallas can certainly gain an edge.

Was our bye week sufficient to work out all the kinks needed to face these well rested teams over the next 6 weeks?

Sure Mike Smith can do wonders with the bye week but can these other coaches work magic as well?

This is going to be a very tough stretch and I think we will really get to see where our team stands within the hierarchy of the NFL.

The NFL schedule makers really saw to it that we face even more adversity this season on our way to B2B winning seasons.

I am also not as worried as I was. Smitty got our team back on track. CHI,DAL,and WAS are all very winable games. Then we go to NY, which will be our hardest game of the season. It is looking a little far ahead, and who knows how we will be playing when we go to the meadows. But it will be a very, very tough game on the road to win.

after the Giants game, I would be happy if we were 6-4 because I see wins againts TB twice, Buffalo and NO at home

which gives us 10-6, some games are iffy, at Carolina worries me, as does the Jets and Philly, that Philly game is going to be supercharged

Meh bye weeks, schedule meh meh meh.

Who cares about that, right now all that matters is preparing for Da Bears.

I know your talking about this looking ahead.

I agree it doesn't look easy, but really honestly is any game truly easy in the NFL?

If you don't prepare for your opponent and don't execute on what you prepared for then the winless teams will beat you.

The way I look at this is, just as much as our team has to face any other team on our schedule, they have to face our team as well.

I'm happy with our team and I think as the year wears on and the defense continues to get better the harder it's going to be for anyone to beat us.

I know that offense is going to keep clicking and putting up points.

If the defense gets better at all, then other teams facing us are in serious trouble.

Edited by Kenyean

Some teams come out rusty after their bye.

I think it has a lot to do with how disciplined the coach is at getting their team ready.

ie: Reid and that crazy record he owns.

So, it sucks that the Giants have a bye, not too happy Lovie has an extra week, but Zorn and Phillips have yet to show any discipline on their squads, so I don't think it is going to benefit then near as much as the Bears and Giants.

They just get to heal.

Edited by Dedsquirl