Grimes=Starter. Anymore doubts?

I saw him break up passes on consecutive plays and have complete awairness on the ball while Houston got called for PI cause again he refuses to turn his head and look for the ball. I'm getting frustrated with houston...he's a tick on a WR back just hanging around the action,...never in the action. enough about him. I just wanted to point out that Grimes was good yesterday and made some very "athletic" plays to shut down his reciver. Even the anouncers commented on his athletic play in the endzone against morgan i believe.

I saw him break up passes on consecutive plays and have complete awairness on the ball while Houston got called for PI cause again he refuses to turn his head and look for the ball. I'm getting frustrated with houston...he's a tick on a WR back just hanging around the action,...never in the action. enough about him. I just wanted to point out that Grimes was good yesterday and made some very "athletic" plays to shut down his reciver. Even the anouncers commented on his athletic play in the endzone against morgan i believe.

yes, I have 5 feet 9 inches of doubt, starter =no, nickel/dime=yes

WOW...I suck. I missed that one play where he got burnt...mad props to williams too for running dude down. Non the less, Nate let roddy have a touchdown right in front of him with out even touching him and I'm pretty sure you'd take him over a few of our DB's. "This one time at band camp, grimes got beat bad" If he saved 2 and gave up 1 that makes him what?

dont bash houston cuz he only had one bad play at the end of a blowout...also, theres not dat many balls thrown that way cuz he been all over his man. i think houston has been our best corner this year, u still have the preseason in head obviously.

WOW...I suck. I missed that one play where he got burnt...mad props to williams too for running dude down. Non the less, Nate let roddy have a touchdown right in front of him with out even touching him and I'm pretty sure you'd take him over a few of our DB's. "This one time at band camp, grimes got beat bad" If he saved 2 and gave up 1 that makes him what?

Lol...did you see that whiff? Grimes will make a good nickel/dime guy, he isn't physical enough to be a starter on this team. Houston played a pretty good game, Grimes did too, but as it's been stated, between the two, grimes gave up the TD

Except that's not the first big mistake he's made, the more you type the more flawed your argument becomes.

if you have "no doubts" about Brent Grimes then you are not paying attention. Grimes missed the tackle that led to the 61 yard reception by Josh Morgan - now, I don't think the 61 yards was totally his fault - where in the heck were the safeties on that play?

Having said that, Grimes played decent this game but he was not spectacular and made a few mis-steps as well. Don't kid yourself - Grimes is not a starting caliber NFL player - he's a nickelback.

I thought Grimes played pretty tight and Houston played better even though I saw both release WR's to no one behind them. The pass rush save them a few times. They both were absolutely horrible in tackling. They must have attended the same clinic as UGA's players.

Grimes was horrible in tackling yes on that one play.

Houston? Come on man, did you not see the tackle he made through a blocker on the WR screen?

if you have "no doubts" about Brent Grimes then you are not paying attention. Grimes missed the tackle that led to the 61 yard reception by Josh Morgan - now, I don't think the 61 yards was totally his fault - where in the heck were the safeties on that play?

Having said that, Grimes played decent this game but he was not spectacular and made a few mis-steps as well. Don't kid yourself - Grimes is not a starting caliber NFL player - he's a nickelback.

Corners were on an island on that play. Safeties were blitzing. Either that or one blitzed and the other played in the middle of the field but I believe both blitzed on that play.

Let's look at it this way.

Counting this season Grimes and Houston have been the starting corners coming out of training camp the last 2 years.

This also makes 2 seasons in a row where by the first game we have gone out and picked up another corner and that corner has taken Grimes place as a starter.

These are moves that the coaching staff and front office has made.... and they did it for a reason.

Edited by Sun Tzu 7

Grimes plays very tough coverage D. Is he going to give up a few plays? Yes, like every corner in the league. Watching the greenbay game Monday night should give you an indication how bad corners, supposedly elite corners get beat. Give Grimes his due. The man outperforms many other Supposedly great corners I see playing. Why the hate on Grimes in the 1st place. What. You have to be 6 1 to play corner? You haters really don't know much abt football least playing corner.

Understand, I do want Grimes to be a superior player. I just dont think he is at this point, if he was he would have some INTs by now, wouldnt he? Grimes made some good plays, he made at least one very bad play when he whiffed on the tackle resulting in a LONG gain. I would say his play is above average. Is it Pro Bowl caliber? I dont think so.

If you want an expert opinion look at it like this. The last two off seasons Dimitroff saw fit to spend two third round and a sixth round picks and sign two veteran free agents to bolster our CB corps. Grimes was on the team already, why all the CBs if the Falcons viewed Grimes as the answer at CB?