Bly - "I'm going to be me!"

Rev_Hal

Dre Bly wasn't apologizing for showboating after his interception. In fact, he wasn't happy with the media, saying, "I'm going to be me!" as he walked out of the locker room. Earlier he said, "Dude made a great play, I feel like I had the ball tucked. ... I've made a lot plays in my career and I'm going to express myself.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/index?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

USA Today - Dre' Bly intercepted a pass by Ryan at the San Francisco 10 midway through the third quarter but was caught from behind when it appeared Bly began celebrating during his return. Ryan swiped at the loose ball on the ground before center Todd McClure fell on it for the Falcons.

"Dre's going to be Dre'," Bly said. "When I make plays, and I've made a lot, I express myself."

If he's on my team he can go and "be Dre" somewhere else. I'm surprised Singletary hasn't already cut him.

Anybody who refers to themself in the 3rd person is a me player. It is difficult to coach against arrogance or stupidity.

If its done in fun I actually think referring to yourself in third person is pretty darn funny. But in this case, and in Manny's and so many other players...yeah, its just arrogant stupidity that has no place in sports.