In no way im i trying to bash you UGA fans but...

Why are some fans on this board calling for coach richt to be fired???I dont get that. I mean every coach loses a bad game every now and then and i know back to back losses arent good but i mean come on. Coach Richt is a great coach and in my opinion will be equivilent to what bobby bowden and joe paterno are to there teams.

Why are some fans on this board calling for coach richt to be fired???I dont get that. I mean every coach loses a bad game every now and then and i know back to back losses arent good but i mean come on. Coach Richt is a great coach and in my opinion will be equivilent to what bobby bowden and joe paterno are to there teams.

Wow. Even an opposing fan has more sense than some of our T-shirt fans.

Richt isnt on that level, but he is worth keeping around for sure. He draws national attention to the school which (should) be good for recruiting. I know it hasnt worked out so well with all the big time recruits, but if you keep them coming, success follows.

The guy needs to get better coordinators. You would think he would have some old FSU ties that he could call on..

They have issues. Any sane Dawgs fan know that Richt needs to make some serious changes to his staff. If he doesnt, then the pressure will definitely be on him. It doesnt make any sense how bad this team has played this year. Bama, Florida, and UGA recruit the same players in the region. For some strange reason, we can't put it together like Bama and Florida.

CMR will not be fired nor should he even be on the hot seat. He will have to make tough decisions and I really think he will. This is a coaching issue and it has gotten worse as the years have gone on. You need a BVG type coordinator and we don't have that on our staff. They have gotten too comfortable and that is a big part of the problem. You can't be at a place for 9 years without having to re-evaluate how you do things. We need to replace our S&C coach bigtime. CVH needs to be asked to leave or retire. We are having problems there and also the upgrade CMR has asked for since he got there to our weight room will be done and our current facilities aren't good enough and it will b soon.

There are a lot of problems that need to be addressed and fixed.

CMR will not be fired nor should he even be on the hot seat. He will have to make tough decisions and I really think he will. This is a coaching issue and it has gotten worse as the years have gone on. You need a BVG type coordinator and we don't have that on our staff. They have gotten too comfortable and that is a big part of the problem. You can't be at a place for 9 years without having to re-evaluate how you do things. We need to replace our S&C coach bigtime. CVH needs to be asked to leave or retire. We are having problems there and also the upgrade CMR has asked for since he got there to our weight room will be done and our current facilities aren't good enough and it will b soon.

I concur. I forgot to put that in my post about the S&C problem. Its evident with the way we are getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage.

I concur. I forgot to put that in my post about the S&C problem. Its evident with the way we are getting pushed around at the line of scrimmage.

Well since CVH had his heart attack he has been almost nonexistent. I understand it can be very hard to get over that, but it's in the best interest of the program for him to move on. It's clear that is an issue with this team. As I pointed out it's an issue with the program. Firing one coordinator or benching a player won't fix the other issues we have. We have plenty of issues btw that are more about the program where the coaches have gotten lax.

I don't agree with the facilities assessment. You can turn a man into a machine with simple body weight excercises and a set of free weights. It's HOW you train. Not necessarily what you train with. Problem is the program like much of Richts staff is that it's still stuck in the 90's and things have changed. This isn't early 90's FSU anymore and for some reason this coaching staff is still living there.

I don't agree with the facilities assessment. You can turn a man into a machine with simple body weight excercises and a set of free weights. It's HOW you train. Not necessarily what you train with. Problem is the program like much of Richts staff is that it's still stuck in the 90's and things have changed. This isn't early 90's FSU anymore and for some reason this coaching staff is still living there.

I disagree completely. The facilities being where they are at now is a problem. It's not the main problem, but it is a problem and that was why cmr has been asking for upgrades since he got to athens. I have heard plenty of players talk about it and even recruits talk about how it is lacking compare to uf's and bama's. The S&C program has had a leadership issue with CVH's heart attack, but no they are not training like it's the 90s.

Thanks man, I wish more ppl had good sense like you.

Richt means to much to the program for us to lose him. Gotta keep him. No way we want to go through what FSU has without him.

couldnt have said it better myself

Its not just "WalMart" Fans that want Richt fired its a selection of boosters that are fed up with excuces and being told they are dumb or "aren't in the arena". I'm not in the arena? I sold my special edition mustang to pay for 3 years worth of season tickets so I could keep my seats add to them and goto back to school but I'm not in the arena.

http://dawg-extra.blogspot.com/

This is perfect I wish I knew who wrote it I would like to shake his hand.

"Arrogance or stubbornness

Talk among long time football fans of a decline in performance by the Bulldogs began in earnest in 2006. Other fans, the media, and the players and coaches blasted most of the fans that noted the problems. The alarm sounding fans were stupid, spoiled, unappreciative, disloyal, and worse.

The problems persisted into 2007. A few more “alarmists”, “disloyal whiners”, “idiots” took note and spoke out. The blindly loyal and the coaches and players once again ridiculed the concerns.

In 2008, the problems were obvious even to the sedated. Open alarm was evident all over message boards frequented by Dawg fans. The response from the coaches was harsh. National media accused the coaches of going to war with the fans. During the 2008 season, resourceful fans began presenting graphs and charts of defensive failures that were clearly instructive.

Early in the 2009 season problems were again evident. As has become the custom, coaches, particularly Mark Richt and players, particularly QB Joe Cox blasted the fans. According to Richt and Cox, fans did not understand football, most never played a down, and had not been “in the arena”.

As I watched this unfold, two thoughts occurred to me regularly:

1. No one can go to war with their customers and win;

2. If a restaurant owner reacted to criticism from long time customers about cold food, burned entrees, and bitter coffee and tea the way Richt, Cox and others did, they would soon be out of business.

I was certainly not shocked by the apparent arrogance of the Bulldog program’s leaders. I have seen in many times before in other schools and in businesses. I have never seen it work out well for the coaches/managers. I supposed the underlying problem was a form of denial. The insults cast by Cox and Richt were, to me, signs of deterioration in their self-confidence.

The impressive, creative effort in generating excuses became ludicrous. Coaches blamed injuries, the wind, youth, and officials. Players were tossed under the bus, and responsibility and accountability were shirked. When the excuses played poorly with the media and fans, the sympathy card was played. The coaches recounted ad nauseam how hard they work, how busy they are, the late, late hours they must keep. Coach Richt appeared drawn, disheveled, depressed, and exhausted when interviewed. It was clear the coaches did not like to be challenged, who does? Nevertheless, I have noted that coaches at every level often manifest the desire to be treated like high priests of some cult religion.

Now we find Athletic Director Damon Evans expressing concern and Coach Richt admitting to problems. The only benefit I have ever found from bad experiences is to learn from them to avoid the same mistakes repeatedly. Perhaps our coaches and their young followers will listen to their customers/ supporters/ fans in the future. If this goal is too difficult, at least they can learn to keep the insults and sharp responses to themselves.

The disrespect for the hands that feed them all is worrisome."

Richt will pretty much have 2 choices at the end of the season fire his best friend or resign. I hope he takes the 1st one and goes and gets a great defensive mind that breathes fires and ***** nails. But no one is above the good of the program, not even Mark Richt.

I think you'd be lucky to find 2-3 regular posters on here who want Richt fired.

That said, he's not above some of the criticism that's been levied his way right now.

Besides, realize that this is a board dominated by Georgia fans. As for the other teams in the SEC (or even Tech) you probably have 5 regular posters that are fans of those teams (Florida, Tenn., Bama, GT, SC, etc.) so whenever things are not going how folks had hoped it seems like overkill here.

interesting you say that.. we have 2 gsu grads where I work that now only have georgia tech stuff up. i always hope that gsu does well.. i rooted for them since Erk went over there.

All because of Paul Johnson.

The ironic thing is that for years, many GSU fans claimed that any UGA success hurts us because many GSU alumni in the Atlanta area become UGA fans and abandon us. Right now, it's Paul Johnson's success at Tech that seems to be doing it and hardly any of our fanbase see a problem with it.

I'm greatful for what PJ did here, but I'm also afraid that he may end up doing to us what Jim Tressel did to Youngstown State's fanbase. He left YSU for the big in-state job at Ohio State and took most of YSU's supporters with him.