WOW! What aTrip - What a Game......

Tandy

I haven't been home long enough to watch the game on Tivo yet - but I just wanted to share my experiences and some of the amazing things I saw while at the game.

Now, I may be wrong on some of these things - like I said - I haven't rewatched the game yet or checked out any stats or anything - I'm just so excited - I couldn't wait. You know things look different in the stands.

Also, I'm sure most of this stuff has already been covered in other posts - but I couldn't wait to type this - so I haven't checked them out yet. If it's repeated - oh well - it's worth hearing again anyway!

First - after the first quarter and for almost the entire rest of the game - I was the loudest person in my entire section! Wow - that place got quiet. Second - the seating was awesome! Anyone else in section 29? I could not believe the luck of those seats!

I swear I could feel the energy coming up from the sidelines and I knew it was going to be very, very special even after the first drive failed. Just had that feeling all day.

Some of the things that I can't wait to see on film - things that made me say - Are you kidding?!!!!!

1. Roddy's touchdown run - did anybody notice how freakin' fast he looked going down the sidelines? Jetstreams were pouring out behind him! Roddy was Molten Lava Hot yesterday!

2. Roddy's touchdown run - ok - so did anybody else see Jenkins run down the field and pass up the 49er defenders to get in front of them to block for Roddy? I was like - WHAT!!!!!! ****, Jenks - you are da man!!!

3. One more person says Ryan has a noodle arm and I will track you down and beat you with a noodle!!!!

4. Did anybody else see the Mike Peterson hit on Davis - then see Brian Williams intercept the ball - now was that De Ja Vu or do those two have a secret club going on? That was soooo hot!

5. Was it just me - or did you guys think Matt was deliberately trying to get the TD for Gonzo - then had to run it in? I swear - from where I was at - it looked like he was seeking him out to specifically get him the TD. Could just be the angle though :)

6. Dre Bly!!!!! I laughed for 10 minutes when Roddy knocked that ball out of his hands. First of all - I thought the ref deliberately blocked Roddy to slow him down on that route - which caused the interception - but again - I haven't seen it on film and I do get emotional! Still - I was sick to my stomache - especially after I thought we lost it when Turner fumbled - then got all excited when we recovered - then that!!!! Then when I saw Roddy flying up after him - and he started the Deion dance - I was like - no way! I thought he was going to take off - then I saw the ball go down and I saw Ryan jumping on it - I thought he recovered but it turned out it was McClure. That whole series was enough to make my heart go haywire - Up Down Up Down - I'm surprised I didn't need oxygen after that!

7. Who else thinks Gonzo is just the studdiest stud TE ever! I watched him blocking - tackling - taking guys off the route - helping with the run and making catches. This guy is just amazing and I am just becoming a bigger fan of his every game.

8. OLINE OLINE OLINE - GIVE IT TO 'EM BABY!!!!! That Oline was FABULOUS ALL DAY LONG!!!! Harvey - you are a true beast and I just love you, Man! Did anybody see him jawing with the coaches on the other sideline? Anyone know what that was about?

9. DLine - stepped up as well!!!! Kroy was beastier than ever and Anderson - they have misplaced you all this time! He looked great out there!

10. Eric Weems looked pretty awesome out there as well. Not only was he doing a great job returning - but did you see him stopping returns as well - he looked really good out there yesterday!

11. I was so glad to see Norwood out there - and he looked awesome as usual. Man, that offense was something fierce. I was so excited throughout the entire game.

12. Turner was burning again! I was so happy to see him getting touchdowns and burning up the field again. It was really sweet seeing Turner and Ryan and Roddy and Norwood and Gonzo and Jenkins and the OLine - all clicking at the same time!

Now - this game did NOT surprise me. I know that for the past 2 weeks - everyone has been down on the Falcons players and coaches. I've seen all the negative threads about our offense and defense and coaching staff - and I've tried to tell people that they are still young and gelling.

I knew they had the talent they showed on the field. I knew they had the ability to dominate this game.

I also know that there are a lot of games left to play this season and there will be bad games and great games - good games and sloppy games - which may or may not end in a Falcon win. I know that if/when we lose again - all the negativity will come back out and we'll hear all about the flaws and crappy players we have.

But for this week - I'm going to enjoy this win. I'm going to soak it in and let it carry me through the week in a blissful cloud of excited contentment and anticipation for the next game. I'm going to love blasting the trolls and putting together the stats. I'm going to enjoy smack talking with everyone who gave me crap for the last 2 weeks and let me know how we were going to get spanked all over Candlestick. I'm going to read every article I can find and watch every sports channel just wanting to get a glimpse of anything Falcon related. I'm going to enjoy sharing it with you guys - my fellow fans - who love them like I do - and must be floating up here on cloud 49er-down with me!

GREAT GAME FALCONS - CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY PLAYER, COACH, STAFF MEMBER AND FAN! This was a great victory - savour it well!

PS - I saw Eric Weems up close - did anyone notice he looks like TI? Wow!

To My Falcons - I love you - thank you for making me soooo happy this weekend!!!! wub.gif

I saved the very best for last. The best part of this entire weekend? My husband was absolutely, positively rooting for the Falcons. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. I was shocked and surprised to be honest - but exceptionally happy about it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all - I thought the ref deliberately blocked Roddy to slow him down on that route - which caused the interception - but again - I haven't seen it on film and I do get emotional!

Glad you had a good time! :) I bet it was fun there to be a Falcons fan, if for no other reason than you didn't have to hear the commentators gushing over the 49ers all game.

I did notice that with Roddy too - he clipped the ref just enough to where Bly could get in front of him and cut off the route.

Glad you had a good time! smile.gif I bet it was fun there to be a Falcons fan, if for no other reason than you didn't have to hear the commentators gushing over the 49ers all game.

I did notice that with Roddy too - he clipped the ref just enough to where Bly could get in front of him and cut off the route.

I thought so. I was yanking my husbands arm - did you see that? Everybody started yelling around us and standing up - so I was having a hard time seeing the rest of the play - but I did see that. It's one of the things I want to get a closer look at on tape.

Great Post! And glad you had a great time. Wish i could have been at the game.

I doubt most 9ers fans had alot of good things to say to you afterwards though <_<

They were pretty darn angry, to say the least. Watch the 'Falcons first take' interview with Mike Smith you'll hear a 49ers fan yell "Falcons suck!!!" towards the end. lol

Makes me really happy we played so well, and i'm up there on cloud 9er with ya! :)

8. OLINE OLINE OLINE - GIVE IT TO 'EM BABY!!!!! That Oline was FABULOUS ALL DAY LONG!!!! Harvey - you are a true beast and I just love you, Man! Did anybody see him jawing with the coaches on the other sideline? Anyone know what that was about?

This is what I could find:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/11/fiery-mike-singletary-shouts-at-falcons-harvey-dahl-apologizes/

I love watching this team away from ATL. Glad you had a great time!

Even the loss in NE was an enjoyable game to be at. My next Falcons game will be against the Giants up here. I don't think we are better than them, but I think we are plenty good enough to beat them on any given Sunday. I am still trying to get get tickets to the Jets game at something approaching face value. That has been the only tough ticket. NE and NYG were easy finds.

'crankdatfalcon

yea that pick was caused by the ref who got in the way of roddy and allowed bly to speed up and make the pick. DA#N SHOWBOAT...

That's what I saw from the stands as well - Did the announcers talk about it?

Russdogg

i knew you would convert him tandy.. well done my friend... well done. biggrin.gif

I'm so blissfully ecstatically much more in love with him now - and I honestly didn't think that was possible!

BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

Awesome recap!!!! WHAT A GAME!!!! (And if you need any help beating people with the noodles down the road, I'm right here for ya!)

I'm going to hold you to that! laugh.gif

Cool that you made the trip. Can you give us some comments that you heard from the 49ers fans? laugh.gif

Oh my gosh - there was a couple sitting next to us just gushing over Ryan. You should have heard them - they were really busting on Alex Smith (who I didn't even see out there) and lamenting over not having a QB like Ryan.

Most of them were pretty cool - even after the game. For the most part - they congratulated us and told us we have a really good team and wished us luck. I was saying - I hope we meet again early next year and they were hoping so - but looking pretty worried.

I was telling a couple of them who were just devastated not to take it so hard - because we stunk it up last game right before our bye and it was the best thing to happen to us - that Singletary would have 2 weeks to find out what happened and get them back on the right track. I'm sure it didn't help - but who knows?

I think overall - they were extremely shocked by our offense. They knew they were good - but no one expected the beatdown.

I think it was more Malarkey calling plays to get Gonzo the TD (since everyone else had one it seemed). He would've had one if it wasn't pass interference and he had a couple drops too. Ryan wanted to go to Gonzo on his TD run, but Gonzo being a team player, decided to go ahead and block out the 49er defenders instead.

And I hope I have the same reaction in two weeks after the Dallas game. :)

Edited by dmite

Great post Tandy keep the recap coming. And when you watch turn down the volumn or you will get angry fast. They were all talking about the 9er's. To the announcers we didnt win the 9er's defense just didnt show up. Motherbird even had a link to the 9er's board and there fans even noticed the obvious bias!

Good for you Tandy. Really glad you enjoyed the game.

We looked pretty good on TV. I'm hoping to be able to re-watch sometime this week. I tell you what. Once we stopping making the little mistakes (like the fumbles - well not so little) our Offense is going to be absolutely prolific. I really hope our D is coming around too. I'll be the first JA98 basher to say that he looked pretty good. I think he should have gotten at least credit for half a sack, but I guess the official scorer didnt feel the same way. If he can just continue to play at that level of consistency for a whole game he might change a lot of peoples opinion of him. Moving him inside might be the change he needed.

Peterson and Loften were beast yesterday. Everyone looked good. A little irritated at the missed tackle by Grimes that led to the 60 something yard pick-up, but I'm not going to be negative at all after this game.

Edited by schwarzenegger321

Great post Tandy keep the recap coming. And when you watch turn down the volumn or you will get angry fast. They were all talking about the 9er's. To the announcers we didnt win the 9er's defense just didnt show up. Motherbird even had a link to the 9er's board and there fans even noticed the obvious bias!

We were in SEC 29 row 35 on the 48yd line. INCREDIBLE seats and view. The game was even more incredible.

It was noted by the announcers that the umpire has been in several collisions prior to this game. As for Ryan targeting Gonzo, I believe he was but what I didn't notice until the replay was Gonzo was in front of his receiver and when he saw Ryan going for it he spread out his arms and leaned against the defender to hold the door open for Ryan. Now that's a team player. The boo birds starting chirping before the half and definitely at halftime. I also notice late in the game Turner was limping some on the sideline so hopefully he is OK.