Okay chicken littles, are you happy now?

jes2400

This is to all the ones on this board that were singing our doom after we lost to the Patriots. From now on, how about having some faith and most of all PATIENCE with this organization. I mean it was crazy."we might go 6-9"(how the poster forgot a game I don't know)," the 49ers are gonna pound us even without Gore" were some of the posts. The comment that drove me the craziest though was when someone wrote "same old Falcons". Anybody that has followed this team over the years knows this team from the owner down to the last player isn't even close to being the Falcons of old. The Falcons of old would've went on vacation and not stayed home during the bye week and worked hard to correct their problems. The Falcons of old would'nt have hussled to run down players on big plays like White and Williams did. This is now a class organization with people commited to winning. If there's a problem they'll find a way to solve it. If there's a player they need they go and get him. I'm confident with the staff we have and the type of players we get, we'll never be the "same old Falcons" again.

This is to all the ones on this board that were singing our doom after we lost to the Patriots. From now on, how about having some faith and most of all PATIENCE with this organization. I mean it was crazy."we might go 6-9"(how the poster forgot a game I don't know)," the 49ers are gonna pound us even without Gore" were some of the posts. The comment that drove me the craziest though was when someone wrote "same old Falcons". Anybody that has followed this team over the years knows this team from the owner down to the last player isn't even close to being the Falcons of old. The Falcons of old would've went on vacation and not stayed home during the bye week and worked hard to correct their problems. The Falcons of old would'nt have hussled to run down players on big plays like White and Williams did. This is now a class organization with people commited to winning. If there's a problem they'll find a way to solve it. If there's a player they need they go and get him. I'm confident with the staff we have and the type of players we get, we'll never be the "same old Falcons" again.

Its just people who don't know crap about football or just trying to get a rise out of ya!

While I completely agree with your post, you will never see the bandwagon fans eat crow.

I remain consistent. When I say it after a loss I'm chicken little. When I say it after a win I'm not a "true fan."

This looks like a 9 or 10 win team to me. Teams with an average running attack will consistently gash us running all year unless we play with a 2 score lead. Early scoring is an essential element of our rush defense. We are not solid against a strong rushing attack. We are average in the secondary. If we play pass first we can drop LBs and keep safeties over the top. However, if we are forced to play 7 in the box we can be had by even average passing attacks.

We have problems against the run. As I posted before the 9ers game, our offense plays a roll in our rush defense. This team is predicated on offense. If the offense does their job and gets on the board early, our defense can be very effective against any team that plays a one dimensional game.

The following teams are going to be difficult for us. NO, CHI, NYJ, PHI, NYG. My guess is we will beat a couple of those, and lose to 1 or 2 teams that will surprise us. If that happens...we are still looking at 9-10 wins.

If our offense shows up every week against even the best defenses, we can beat ANYONE. However it is hard to do that every week. Eventually you will have to look at the defense and say, "this one is on you." I'm not sure our defense can stand up to a balanced attack when that day comes.

So, I'm no more optimistic or pessimistic than I have been all year. I think we are a defensive player or 2 short right now. However, some of the guys may improve. JA98 may turn out to be a complete stud at DT. The newly signed DB's may be this seasons Foxworth before it is all over. So, it could get better. However, as things stand today...9 or 10 wins would be really nice IMHO. I'd take it. However, I expect this team to be in the Super Bowl next season. There, I said it. I think we will attract some FAs and I think we draft well.

I'm not one who expects drafts to be understood right away. It takes about 3 years. Next year is year 3 for the first draft class. Let us see how that group works out.

I remain consistent. When I say it after a loss I'm chicken little. When I say it after a win I'm not a "true fan."

This looks like a 9 or 10 win team to me. Teams with an average running attack will consistently gash us running all year unless we play with a 2 score lead. Early scoring is an essential element of our rush defense. We are not solid against a strong rushing attack. We are average in the secondary. If we play pass first we can drop LBs and keep safeties over the top. However, if we are forced to play 7 in the box we can be had by even average passing attacks.

We have problems against the run. As I posted before the 9ers game, our offense plays a roll in our rush defense. This team is predicated on offense. If the offense does their job and gets on the board early, our defense can be very effective against any team that plays a one dimensional game.

The following teams are going to be difficult for us. NO, CHI, NYJ, PHI, NYG. My guess is we will beat a couple of those, and lose to 1 or 2 teams that will surprise us. If that happens...we are still looking at 9-10 wins.

If our offense shows up every week against even the best defenses, we can beat ANYONE. However it is hard to do that every week. Eventually you will have to look at the defense and say, "this one is on you." I'm not sure our defense can stand up to a balanced attack when that day comes.

So, I'm no more optimistic or pessimistic than I have been all year. I think we are a defensive player or 2 short right now. However, some of the guys may improve. JA98 may turn out to be a complete stud at DT. The newly signed DB's may be this seasons Foxworth before it is all over. So, it could get better. However, as things stand today...9 or 10 wins would be really nice IMHO. I'd take it. However, I expect this team to be in the Super Bowl next season. There, I said it. I think we will attract some FAs and I think we draft well.

I'm not one who expects drafts to be understood right away. It takes about 3 years. Next year is year 3 for the first draft class. Let us see how that group works out.

The 49ers aren't one dimensional.We stopped their running and forced them to pass. Mike Smith said they were gonna correct both their offensive and defensive run problems during the bye week and obviosly they did. I say 11+ wins are not out of the question.

There was cause for concern. If the same team through the first three games showed up yesterday we would have lost.

Surprisingly, to me anyway, the coaching staff correctly identified what was wrong with the team and made 100% accurate adjustments.

More happier I could not be!

But to rail against those who had questions - look, this team was NOT playing well.

Have to say I feel 100% better going forward now - where the first three weeks of play deserved legitimate questions that were posed here on these boards.

Well thought out post but the teams you mention above will give ANY team in the NFL trouble! The problem is that we play NYG and NYJ on the road. They are both good teams and it's hard to beat good teams on the road. I like our chances against ANY team in the NFL when they come to our house!

The 49ers aren't one dimensional.We stopped their running and forced them to pass. Mike Smith said they were gonna correct both their offensive and defensive run problems during the bye week and obviously they did. I say 11+ wins are not out of the question.

Incorrect. We got ahead and forced them to pass. Anytime they had chosen to run, they would have averaged 4-5 yard per. We played this the way we must. Offensive leads to force the other team away from the run. We can stop them for 6-7 plays on defense, but not consistently.