OK we won!..................BUT

Caddieman

Yes we mauled a good Team. And our team is 3-1 but this has got to be fixed!..........FUMBLES! Turner had another(3 weeks in a row now) Norwood had one and Snellings also had one. We only lost one of them and then the D played great to keep points off the board. Down the road this will lose us games if it keeps happening. I don't know how you fix that but coach Smith needs to address it and quick.

Yea i gotta agree, the ball needs protecting for sure Turner seems to be getting alot of shots on the ball and no matter how strong you are some of those shots will 99 out of 100 time cause a fumble, i wouldnt worry though im sure thats something they will work on this week :)

Yes we mauled a good Team. And our team is 3-1 but this has got to be fixed!..........FUMBLES! Turner had another(3 weeks in a row now) Norwood had one and Snellings also had one. We only lost one of them and then the D played great to keep points off the board. Down the road this will lose us games if it keeps happening. I don't know how you fix that but coach Smith needs to address it and quick.

They were good hits, I wouldn't worry about those fumbles to much.

The fumbles are hurting Turner in another way also. Remember the play when we needed like 3 yards for a 1st down and Turner took the handoff and cutback to the right, Willis was the only guy there and it looked as if Turner could have at least tried a stiff arm and got the 1st down. Instead he wraps both arms around the ball and was tackled for a very short gain. Last year Turner would have stiff armed him and probably had a huge gain.

dude, are you serious???stop freaking complaining. Did you see the hit on turner that caused him to lose the ball. Any back in the league would have fumbled that ball.

I am not "freaking complaining" When you fumble three games in a row it is a trend. And that trend has to be stopped with the teams we have to play. Can you see us having three fumbles against NO, or Giants. It would be ugly. Fast!

This coaching staff has a way of addressing issues on a prioritized basis. To me it was obvious that getting JA98 into better situations, and working in the new DBs were priorities on the defensive side of the ball. On the offensive side of the ball it was all about blocking assignments and getting to the LB's on running plays.

I have to think ball security would be an obvious hot topic for this weeks game prep.

not gonna make excuses for him, but 2 of his 3 fumbles seemed like there was nothing he could do to stop them.

they just need to stop somehow though. they played a big part in our only loss of the season.

Exactly why I started this thread. I am not blaming Turner. But how do you stop it? Or can it be stopped?

to the guy who said try and stiff arm patrick willis that would not be happening , patrick willis is a monster he would have got him either way its not like it was a no name player who caused the fumble patrick willis has been playing like a beast this year , i dont think turners got a problem thats only his 4th fumble as a falcon he'll fix it up , kinda disappointed he didnt get over atleast 125 this game look like he could have .

The fumbles are hurting Turner in another way also. Remember the play when we needed like 3 yards for a 1st down and Turner took the handoff and cutback to the right, Willis was the only guy there and it looked as if Turner could have at least tried a stiff arm and got the 1st down. Instead he wraps both arms around the ball and was tackled for a very short gain. Last year Turner would have stiff armed him and probably had a huge gain.

I said the same thing while watching the game but when they showed the replay Willis read the play all the way and probably would have made the play regardless. But Micheal did have a great game against a great run defense I'm sure he'll be fine.

A lot of people are still complaining about us fumbling the ball, and to a degree its warranted (especially after Turner's fumbles last game). They are huge parts of the game, and serious momentum shifters. But, as much as it frustrates us, we sort of need to calm down on this issue. Fumbles are those instances where fans always scream at the TV: "OH C'MON! YOU GOTTA HOLD ON TO THAT!" or "**********! PROTECT THE ****ing BALL!". But, its hard to hold onto the football even if you are a beast like Turner. As a running back, you are constantly juking, changing speeds, and spinning. You've got 200-350 lb. defenders coming at you in all directions, trying to strip you with their amazing strength, and a lot of the fumbles occur when the defender hits his helmet right on the ball. It's easy to criticize when your sitting at home, resting your half-eaten McChicken sandwich on your stomach, and the heaviest thing you're holding is a 12 oz can of beer. The only thing I get upset about is when QBs think they can just wave that ball in the air with 1 hand (ala K. Warner and Favre) while in the pocket. That's when I sort of get upset with fumbles. Otherwise, it's just an unfortunate part of the game.

I remember when Tiki Barber had a fumbling issue with the Giants back in the day, and he made a simple correction and cut his fumbles down by 90%. Instead of having his arm at a 90 degree angle (with the ball low towards his hip), he made it a 45 degree angle, and placed the ball high between his armpit a right pectorial, with his elbow locked to his side. This enabled him to protect the ball from strips as well as punches from the back. Maybe it's a possible solution to Turner's problem.

A lot of people are still complaining about us fumbling the ball, and to a degree its warranted (especially after Turner's fumbles last game). They are huge parts of the game, and serious momentum shifters. But, as much as it frustrates us, we sort of need to calm down on this issue. Fumbles are those instances where fans always scream at the TV: "OH C'MON! YOU GOTTA HOLD ON TO THAT!" or "**********! PROTECT THE ****ing BALL!". But, its hard to hold onto the football even if you are a beast like Turner. As a running back, you are constantly juking, changing speeds, and spinning. You've got 200-350 lb. defenders coming at you in all directions, trying to strip you with their amazing strength, and a lot of the fumbles occur when the defender hits his helmet right on the ball. It's easy to criticize when your sitting at home, resting your half-eaten McChicken sandwich on your stomach, and the heaviest thing you're holding is a 12 oz can of beer. The only thing I get upset about is when QBs think they can just wave that ball in the air with 1 hand (ala K. Warner and Favre) while in the pocket. That's when I sort of get upset with fumbles. Otherwise, it's just an unfortunate part of the game.

I remember when Tiki Barber had a fumbling issue with the Giants back in the day, and he made a simple correction and cut his fumbles down by 90%. Instead of having his arm at a 90 degree angle (with the ball low towards his hip), he made it a 45 degree angle, and placed the ball high between his armpit a right pectorial, with his elbow locked to his side. This enabled him to protect the ball from strips as well as punches from the back. Maybe it's a possible solution to Turner's problem.

Send Turner and E-mail Falco4!.......LOL can't hurt! ;)

Its bothered me too but we got lucky and didn't lose any except that one, its not going to be like that always. But when you see those shots when someone put a helmet right on the ball, I would like to see someone here try to hold onto the ball, its impossible. :( The ones that drive me nuts are the ones that are stripped when the ball carrier is stood up. Warrick Dunns best phrase when the ride is over GO DOWN. ;)