Tye Hill Inactive

"Falcons won't activate Hill

October 11, 2009 2:26 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

SAN FRANCISCO -- If you were thinking the Falcons would activate cornerback Tye Hill coming out of their bye week, stop it.

The Falcons haven't officially announced their inactives for Sunday yet, but a team source tells me Hill will not be activated. He was picked up in a trade just before the start of the season. Apparently the Falcons don't believe he has picked up their defense yet.

Get ready for more of Brent Grimes."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/3739/falcons-wont-activate-hill

Curses. Not looking like a Foxworth type of trade yet. I was really hoping he would at least get some playing time in.

Apparently the Falcons don't believe he has picked up their defense yet.

I really don't see why anyone would be upset if the staff doesn't feel that he is ready. It's not as though we need another dude running around, out of position and lost on defense.

If anything is really bad here, it is what is quoted, not that he isn't activated that's actually a good thing. That does not sound right though. I mean how much longer is it going to take him to get with the program?

SAN FRANCISCO -- If you were thinking the Falcons would activate cornerback Tye Hill coming out of their bye week, stop it.

The Falcons haven't officially announced their inactives for Sunday yet, but a team source tells me Hill will not be activated. He was picked up in a trade just before the start of the season. [b]Apparently the Falcons don't believe he has picked up their defense yet.

Curses. Not looking like a Foxworth type of trade yet. I was really hoping he would at least get some playing time in.

I think the real reason is teams aren't testing our secondary having so much success running the ball. If Houston isn't getting exposed let Hill stay in the film room with the playbook. If Houston get's exposed during the San Fran game watch how fast Hill get's activated.

Edited by Xfactor

The Falcons haven't officially announced their inactives for Sunday yet, but a team source tells me Hill will not be activated. He was picked up in a trade just before the start of the season. Apparently the Falcons don't believe he has picked up their defense yet.

Foxworth didn't start until week 8 last year, but this is ridiculous. Our defense CAN'T be that difficult.

From the Falcons website:

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Falcons announced inactive players and lineup changes about an hour before kickoff at Candlestick Park.

Falcons Inactives

QB John Parker Wilson (thrid quarterback)

CB Tye Hill

FB Verron Haynes

S Antoine Harris

LB Spencer Adkins

OT Quinn Ojinnaka

OT Garrett Reynolds

DT Vance Walker

San Francisco 49ers

QB Nate Davis (third quarterback)

CB Allen Rossum

RB Frank Gore

S Reggie Smith

LB Jeff Ulbrich

LB Marques Harris

C Cody Wallace

DT Ricky Jean Francois

Falcons Starting Lineup

Offense

WR Michael Jenkins

LT Sam Baker

LG Justin Blalock

C Todd McClure

RG Harvey Dahl

RT Tyson Clabo

TE Tony Gonzalez

WR Roddy White

QB Matt Ryan

RB Michael turner

FB Ovie Mughelli

Defense

RE John Abraham

UT Jonathan Babineaux

NT Thomas Johnson

LE Jamaal Anderson

SLB Stephen Nicholas

MLB Curtis Lofton

WLB Mike Peterson

CB Chris Houston

CB Brian Williams

SS Erik Coleman

FS Thomas DeCoud

49ers Starting Lineup

Offense

WR Josh Morgan

LT Joe Staley

LG David Baas

C Eric Heitmann

RG Chilo Rachal

RT Adam Snyder

TE Vernon Davis

WR Isaac Bruce

FB Moran Norris

RB Glenn Coffee*

QB Shaun Hill

Defense

LDT Isaac Sopoaga

NT Aubrayo Franklin

RDT Jusin Smith

SAM Manny Lawson

TED Takeo Spikes

MIKE Patrick Willis

WILL Parys Haralson

LCB Nate Clements

RCB Shawntae Spencer

SS Michael Lewis

FS Dashon Goldson

*Indicates gameday lineup change

I really don't see why anyone would be upset if the staff doesn't feel that he is ready. It's not as though we need another dude running around, out of position and lost on defense.

If anything is really bad here, it is what is quoted, not that he isn't activated that's actually a good thing. That does not sound right though. I mean how much longer is it going to take him to get with the program?

^^^ I know you're the blue man and all, and we already have a "Voice of Reason" poster, but I get you confused with him on this post. We need to activate him in a game we're more likely to win, IMO, or one that would be easier sledding. "The Devil you know...." and all that.