JMHO....But Gonzo is the problem.....

hog85

I'm a Saints fan, but the Falcons are a close second.... I really think that signing Gonzo was was a bad move because they are always trying to get the ball to him. I know he's the man.... but, he's taking a lot of catches away from the WR's. No team has ever won it all with the TE as the #1 option.... Just my 2 cents..look at Dallas right now.. Witten is the first option and where are they? IMHO the coach is thinking...I paid so much for the guy and I have to get him the ball... Ryan can be great, but you have to let him air it out to someone other than the TE.

He is not the first option and there has been a lot of teams that had great TEs to win championships. Gonzo is not even close to the problem. Our o-line has been the problem in the running game and the passing game. Takes time for plays to develop down field and Ryan hasn't been getting a lot of time. They should improve coming out of the bye week. Nothing is physical. It seems to be all mental.

Our Top 3 Receivers

Roddy White:

15 rec 119 yds 1 TD

Tony Gonzalez:

13 rec 160 yds 2 TD

Michael Jenkins:

12 rec 152 yds

Other Receivers

Jason Snelling:

5 rec 53 yds

Jerious Norwood:

5 rec 49 yds

Marty Booker:

4 rec 59 yds

Brian Finneran:

3 rec 29 yds

Ovie Mughelli:

2 rec 22 yds 1 TD

Michael Turner:

1 rec 5 yds

Looks like Ryan is distributing the ball pretty well to me buddy...:huh:

I'm a Saints fan

I stopped reading there, thx for the input.

EDIT:

not to come off as condescending, but the only porblem w/ our team is the defensive line...not to name any names, wait i will name names of those guys: trey lewis, thomas johnson, chauncey davis, and Ja98 in particular.

Edited by osiruz

Look at Witten with Dallas - he has twice as many receptions as any Cowboy WR and only averages 9.2 yards per catch. That's a textbook example of over-reliance on the TE.

TG, on the other hand, averages 3 yards a catch more than Witten and has only caught one more pass than our second receiver.

If anything, we are under utilizing him so far...

I stopped reading there, thx for the input.

EDIT:

not to come off as condescending, but the only porblem w/ our team is the defensive line...not to name any names, wait i will name names of those guys: trey lewis, thomas johnson, chauncey davis, and Ja98 in particular.

So that's why we are 23th in offense, thanks.

The real problem is the lack of a rushing attack. Ryan is spreading the ball around fine and taking what is given to him, but without any real threat of a ground game teams aren't going to feel the need to stack the box as much. What does this do you ask? Well it's pretty simple, it takes away the big play opportunities a good handful of you have been griping about the past few weeks.

The passing game is fine and the way Ryan is spreading the ball around should be looked upon as a good thing, but it won't be able to completely flourish until we get the running game going. If we are able to get Turner and Norwood pounding the rock it will make the passing attack that more dangerous, and that is when we sill see the high powered offense we all thought we would be seeing this year.

Get it?

Exactly and exellent point.

The real problem is the lack of a rushing attack. Ryan is spreading the ball around fine and taking what is given to him, but without any real threat of a ground game teams aren't going to feel the need to stack the box as much. What does this do you ask? Well it's pretty simple, it takes away the big play opportunities a good handful of you have been griping about the past few weeks.

The passing game is fine and the way Ryan is spreading the ball around should be looked upon as a good thing, but it won't be able to completely flourish until we get the running game going. If we are able to get Turner and Norwood pounding the rock it will make the passing attack that more dangerous, and that is when we sill see the high powered offense we all thought we would be seeing this year.

Get it?

getting norwood back will be huge. his big play ability has to be accounted for every time he touches the ball

sharp wasn't the problem in denver. gonzo isn't the problem here. our O is just out of sync. it happens.

and question how are you a saint/falcon fan? not judging, but that's like being and ohio state/michigan fan, or a UGA/UF fan, or a redsox/yankee fan...ok probably get my point.

good points. Not too mention Sharpe won 3 SBs with 2 teams--so having a great TE is a very nice option, not a detriment

Come up with something orginal and quit repeating everything you hear on ESPN. They talked about this on NFL live.

Herm Edwards said that the Falcons COULD be using TG as a crutch in the passing game instead of going deep with White.

Edited by Ga_spider