49ers: The Real Rivalry is upon us.

Russdogg

For all of us that know the heartach san fran has handed us over the years, im ready for a little payback.. this is the one true falcons rival... my FIRST hated team as a falcs fan when i was turned onto football around age 6.. i know the 49ers are the flavor of the week in our what have you done for me as of late league... this is a huge game in my eyes. Im expecting good games from Tgon, and Roddy.

cause we want a VIC-TO-RY!!!

With all due respect to SF, I think that the Falcons are a better team, and should win this game. The one thing that troubles me is that the Niners' confidence is booming right now. If the Falcons can get up early and take a little wind out of their sails, it should go well. But if ATL sputters and lets SF get a lead, it could be an unhappy ending.

Fred says: ATL - 24 SF - 14

With all due respect to SF, I think that the Falcons are a better team, and should win this game. The one thing that troubles me is that the Niners' confidence is booming right now. If the Falcons can get up early and take a little wind out of their sails, it should go well. But if ATL sputters and lets SF get a lead, it could be an unhappy ending.

Fred says: ATL - 24 SF - 14

That might just make things harder. I'm not too sure you'll want to see a pissed of Patrick Willis. I could be better to maybe just Favre us and call it day. I hope it's a great game and I'm really looking forward to seeing your team play. I hope it's a hard fought game with great showing on both sides of the ball from both teams.

Edited by 9erlifer

im just getting this irk, from seeing smitty call out the defense during the NE game, and you know theyve been hard on turner and the line... i think we get back to the football were expecting, we loss to NE.. so **** no, im not worried... i got a good feeling about tomorrow.

According to the schedule on the home page, we are actually 44-27-1 against SF. Could that possibly be right? All I remember is getting our tail feathers yanked out on a regular basis by them 9er's.

Here's a pic of Joe and Jerry after they hooked up with one of those 5 yard slant plays that turned into another 85 yd. touchdown against us:

joe.jpg

All smiles. They rode our backs to the NFC West Championship so many times and with Steve Young too.

44-27-1??? That HAS to be a mistake! http://www.atlantafa...e/Schedule.aspx :unsure:

According to the schedule on the home page, we are actually 44-27-1 against SF. Could that possibly be right? All I remember is getting our tail feathers yanked out on a regular basis by them 9er's.

Here's a pic of Joe and Jerry after they hooked up with one of those 5 yard slant plays that turned into another 85 yd. touchdown against us:

joe.jpg

All smiles. They rode our backs to the NFC West Championship so many times and with Steve Young too.

44-27-1??? That HAS to be a mistake! http://www.atlantafa...e/Schedule.aspx :unsure:

i concur supes. that does need investigation, cause for the most part, even at a young age and the 2-14 seasons, all i mostly remember is 49er heartach, lol... and i do remeber that picture!!

I believe it's us with the 27 wins and them with the 44. =(

I have always hated the 49ers! I do remember some great games though with Deion Sanders matched up against Jerry Rice. Good times. One of my fondest Falcons memories was when Deion intercepted the pass intended for Rice at the goalline to preserve an unlikely victory for us.

Good thing is they dont have anything close to Jerry Rice....and i dont think we'll need any last second miracle this time around.

Falcons 23 Niners 16

For all of us that know the heartach san fran has handed us over the years, im ready for a little payback.. this is the one true falcons rival... my FIRST hated team as a falcs fan when i was turned onto football around age 6.. i know the 49ers are the flavor of the week in our what have you done for me as of late league... this is a huge game in my eyes. Im expecting good games from Tgon, and Roddy.

cause we want a VIC-TO-RY!!!

Ah yes, the good old days. Well, maybe not so good....

joe.jpg

\\\

If the Birds have only lost 27 time to the Niners I've seen every one of them...lol this just in Rice scored another td on Dimry...

joe.jpg

\\\

If the Birds have only lost 27 time to the Niners I've seen every one of them...lol

FIRST TO FIVE BABY!!!!!!!

:lol: Never heard a Packer fan say "First to Two Baby!" or a Steelers fan say "First to SIX BABY!"

That just struck me as odd seeing how 5 is no longer so great. And good thing they didn't introduce the "Super Bowl" in '64 cause the Packers could be saying "3 in a ROW BABY!"

Just saying B)

Talking to posters over there they believe that their defense is greatest in the league, they're going to shut us sown, and Davis>Tony, Bruce>Roddy, and hill is > or =Matt.

Their defense is extremely good. I don't know if it's better than Baltimores, but they have one **** of a Defense in San Fran.

The Falcons have been working on the "run" aspect of the game lately. So I hope they can "move the chains" while working in Turner enough to break that big run. Maybe it happens within the first five runs, but then it may take all day, but I just hope it happens today!