A player's character

hawkeye

Every team wants good character players, but where do you draw the line? Are there certain things that can be

overlooked, or does a guy have to be squeakie clean? Would you still take a good to almost great player if he

had some flaws in his character? I was just looking at Bucs CB Talib and he had 3 INT's last week and we all

know that he has had a few issues. So I was just wondering about that and would like to know how do yall feel.

this would suggest that we sign Adam "Pacman" Jones.

NOT.

You want Hard Working "Professionals"

Sure these guys are Young, and make some mistakes off the field,

but some guys are just bad news and no matter how good their

level of play is, you just dont need Poison in the locker room.

The looney, egomaniac, pot smoking, drug infested, strip club junkie WILL have plenty of good or even great individual games, given enough time.

But........in the long run, they are a cancer ready to infect and bring a team down. The same in everyday life. This type of person lives a shallow dead end life. Zero quality and integrity, leading to a disaster end result. Too many learn this lesson the hard way.

It's a movie that has the same exact ending.

It's written in the winds of life.

The looney, egomaniac, pot smoking, drug infested, strip club junkie WILL have plenty of good or even great individual games, given enough time.

But........in the long run, they are a cancer ready to infect and bring a team down. The same in everyday life. This type of person lives a shallow dead end life. Zero quality and integrity, leading to a disaster end result. Too many learn this lesson the hard way.

It's a movie that has the same exact ending.

It's written in the winds of life.

Obvious you've managed to grow some angel wings over your years....and expect all of us to follow your angelic path....

Here's a passage from reality........FUGG OFF....and act like you got a pair!!

I heard a song once. Simple in its message, "You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

I believe that anything short of Super Bowl victory is total failure for an NFL team. I can hardly perceive the difference in a team with 1 win, and the Super Bowl loser. That said, I believe just as strongly that how you go about it is important. If Mike Smith and company believe in their heart that the best way to do it is with high character guys, that is it he only way it will work for them. That is not as much of a limiting factor as you think. There are PLENTY of such players in the NFL. As this team continues to move in the right direction, it gets easier and easier to attract those solid free agents trying to add Super Bowl victories to already solid careers.

There are plenty of solid players in cities like Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc. who would consider a move to the Falcons a solid promotion in their career path to the Super Bowl. Let's pick the ones who fit us...not change the coaches philosophy to fit the square pegs of the NFL.

It depends. Character issues like TO i would not want to have on my team. Character issues that deal with drugs i would not want to have on my team if it were a repeat offender or if the person did not seem sincere. A guy like Matt Jones seems like he has learned from his mistake and i would be fine with having him, but a guy like Chris Henry or Pacman who are constantly in trouble i do not want.

I mean who on the Patriots, Steelers or Giants has character issues? Then look at the teams who usually have guys with issues Bengals and Cowboys. I also think it is different having issues coming out of college and being in the NFL a couple years.

If a guy in college has some slight issues i wouldnt sweat it as much as a guy who has been in the league for a while. I mean look at Moss, Percy Harvin, Desean Jackson. All those dudes were passed on because of character issues, but you could make the argument that Moss did have issues in the NFL (randy ratio).

As long as they are dedicated to getting better and ball out on Sundays and don't do anything they would get them arrested/suspended, then it's fine.

But to be any of those things, you have to be a pretty high character guy. You can be an a-hole, I guess, as long as you work hard like T.O. but I still wouldn't want a distraction on the team. And that's what most of those guys are.