Honest question for the Falcons Fanbase

Kayoh

I will be happy for us to get a W in San Fran this weekend.

I'm with you on this one. And I will add that looking that far ahead is **** near lunacy. we have a very tough road ahead of us and for me 8-8 would not get us into the playoffs even in the NFC. I would like for us to go into San Francisco and get a tough W and then get ready for the next week.

I hope that answers your question

You got to make playoffs to win a superbowl,8-8 want get u in

San Diego made it to the playoffs last year at 8-8.

If Arizona lost their last game last year, they would have been 8-8 and still won their division, making it to the playoffs.

Not only do you troll here and consistently post dump things, but you know very little about football and the NFL.

Please change your name to Nfl Outsider.

Ok, maybe this hasn't occured to anyone else, but if we went 8-8 and win the Super Bowl, then wouldn't our final record be 12-8?? Last time I did the math, that would put us over .500 as well as put an end to the streak of non-BTB winning seasons. Am I wrong??

Good question. Got me looking at history, and I don't see how it's even possible to make the playoffs going 8-8. At least without a strike year. We DID make a playoff appearance in 1982 w/a record of 5-4. :P

But I think you're right. If it WAS to happen, it would be considered ending the streak, no? Or maybe it depends on if you look a the streak as only counting for reg season games. I look at it as overall. But either way, that streak comes to an end this year!!! :D

Would you be happy if we went 8-8 and won the Super Bowl?

For Atlanta to win a Super Bowl would be an incredible moment no matter what our regular season record is, but I have to look back at last year and remember an 8-8 Chargers team getting in as a Wild Card team and an 11-5 Patriots team not making it. I understand that the Chargers got in because they had the best record in their division but it just pissed me off because they obviously had a very weak division. So I think it would sour the victory a bit if a team won the Super Bowl after going .500 in the regular season. But hopefully we'll pull out at least 10 wins this season even with our weak D and a pretty tough schedule.