49er fan here...

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are you expecting a blowout for either team?

• Yes: the Falcons will blow out the 9ers or vice versa!
    • No: No it will be a close game

Hey guys, first I'd like to say I come in peace. I've been lurking around your board all week while awaiting my account to be activated(which took far to long). Just wanted to debate the game a little and give you guys an idea of what this 49ers team brings on Sunday at the Stick. The Falcons are a team heading in the same direction as the San Francisco 49ers...in the right direction. On offense you have a lot of playmakers that will challenge our defense all day long but I think our players and coaching staff is excited for the opportunity.

Here is a little information I put together about the 9ers and what you can expect from this team.

QB:

S.Hill is a QB not many people outside of S.F,Minn,Ari and St.Louis know a lot about but you guys will know what he is all about this weekend. Like others have already stated he is not the most athletic strong arm QB in the NFL but he does so many other things good it makes up for those weaknesses. Hill to this point has only had 1 interception to his 5 TD (4 passing,1rushing). We have been so bad at the QB position for so long when it comes to turnovers that this is huge for us. Like coach Singletary said we cannot beat ourselves and to this point we have not done that. Shaun is a very accurate passer who has a stronger arm than a lot of people give him credit for, I am looking forward to see how he does this weekend against a team who has struggled in thier pass defense thus far.

RB:

Obviously our key play maker F.Gore will not be playing this weekend ( luckily for you guys) but we have another solid downhill runner in G.Coffee. So far his YPC has not been very impressive but I put that on our offensive line. Coffee does seem to make plays when they are needed. He still has a lot of room for improving seeing how this will only be his 2nd career start in the leaugue. His major weakness is his pass protection but each week I think he gets better at reading the defense and picking up his rusher.

WR:

This group has not put up big numbers when it comes to catches and yards but one thing they do very well is block for our running game. Obviously that is not what we want out of our WR but Singletary and company make sure thier WR can block and block very well. J.Morgan is another guy most fans other than us know a lot about. He has good hands (most of the time) and runs clean routes. I like him this weekend and this may be a breakout game for him.

B.Jones who was brought in through FA from Tennessee is a guy we don't know much about except for the blazing speed he has. Hopefully this weekend we will see him get some passes thrown his way.

I.Bruce is obviously Mr.Reliable for our WR unit. The guy has proven he has plenty of gas left in the tank. Every time we need a 1st down or just some positive yards you can always count on Bruce being where he needs to be.

TE:

It looks like V.Davis is finally living up to his potential in the passing game, notice I said passing game not his game all together. V.Davis is like having another OL up front with is superb pass blocking ability. TG has been receiving a lot of attention from us 9er fans but I think V.Davis causes just as much if not more of a mismatch for you defense then TG does for us. The reason I say this is because of his speed and strength.

OL:

This is were our offense has been having trouble. Outside of our center Heitman and LT joe Staley our OL has been less that average. You would think with a bad o-line our offense would turn the ball over a lot more that they have so far. If we can get these guys to give S.Hill time in the pocket I think our offense will be top 15 in almost every category.

FB:

The plow is back! last season M.Norris left for Detroit and you can tell Gore missed his lead blocker. Not only is he great at opening lanes for our RB but he has great hands for such a big bruiser.

DL:

Our defensive line has been above average as they continue to shut down the running game no matter who we face. I am expecting nothing different this week at the stick. Coming into the season a majority of us thought we needed a true NT to run this 3-4 system, he must of heard us because he is demanding double teams and clogging up the running lanes. J.Smith who is arguably one of the best motors in the NFL has been spectacular to this point. I hope your Tackles are ready for what he brings to the game week in and week out!

LB:

Obviously we have in my opinion the best MLB in the league. We also have a proven vet in T.Spikes who has been playing great so far, looks like he is a rookie with the energy he brings on Sundays. M.Lawson and Harelson have been playing lights out on the edge and this is something we have been waiting for. I love our LB corp and you will see why Sunday.

DB:

N.Clements and S.Spencer have been playing great this season. Nate is one of the best run supporting DB in the NFL and we will need him to keep that up this Sunday vs Atlanta. D.Bly is another guy who is been playing at a very high level since he arrived in S.F. I like our CB against any WR in the NFL.

SS/FS:

Michael Lewis is a hard hitting safety who will bring the pain while D.Goldson who is also a big hitter but a very fast and smart player. I don't see your WR getting behind them this weekend unless they get to aggressive.

All together we have a very solid team with the exception of our offensive line. If we can get these guys to step up thier game then this 49ers squad will make some noise this upcoming season. This is going to be a very good game on Sunday and I can hardly wait. Anyway good luck and here's to an injury free game!

:D

Hope for an injury free game and may the best team win!

Go 9ERS!!!

If any of you feel like dropping by our forums to talk about the game please feel free! there are already a few Falcon fans over there now...

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=81094

Edited by 9ernation94

i don't think it'll blowout, but not close either. something like 31-20 ATL.

I don't see our defense giving up 30+ points but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I live in Alabama only about an hour from ATL and there are a lot of Falcon fans local who

believe the Falcons can lose this game. I know it will be a hard fought game for whoever wins

and hopefully it will be the 9ers. B)

I don't see our defense giving up 30+ points but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I live in Alabama only about an hour from ATL and there are a lot of Falcon fans local who

believe the Falcons can lose this game. I know it will be a hard fought game for whoever wins

and hopefully it will be the 9ers. B)

maybe not, but i wouldn't put it past our offense to do it. don't let the scores and yardage totals from our first 3 games fool you. this offense is a lot better than stats so far indicate. we may not have shown it yet, but i'd be willing to bet our O is better than the vikes' O that put up 27 pts on you guys.

reason being is that the vikings don't have a roddy white on the outside or a tony G at tightend. roddy's off to a slow start this year (same could be said for our entire O), but he'll get it going soon enough. any falcon fan that's been watching him since his breakout season in 07 will tell you that when he's on, the guy is definitely one of the best in the game. he has great speed and is a very physical WR.

i don't think it'll blowout, but not close either. something like 31-20 ATL.

Don't say that over there! I was on their boards and said that if Atl's O was clicking on all cylinders they could put up 34 points. I didn't say they would just said it was possible. One guy had a freaking cow! They think they have the best D in the history of the NFL!

seriously yooh make the 9ers sound like they r a superbowl team.. <_< with all the break out and top 15 games..and Pat willis isn't god..he cant take care of both tony G n Michael Turner..Lawson is now starting to grow but can't handle a Pro Bowl TE

I really dont think the 49ers offense will put up too many points. As long as we limit/eliminate our Turnovers, i think we have a very good chance to going 3-1

Atlanta Falcons 28

San Fran 10

We put up 20+ points against a much better Vikings defense, I don't see why we would only put up 10 points at home were S.Hill is 7-0...just saying.

seriously yooh make the 9ers sound like they r a superbowl team.. <_< with all the break out and top 15 games..and Pat willis isn't god..he cant take care of both tony G n Michael Turner..Lawson is now starting to grow but can't handle a Pro Bowl TE

I resent that, I don't think I made them out to be any different than what I have seen to this point from them.

and this defense looks like they r going into this week with ALOT of confidence

Our defense has been playing with A LOT of confidence as well. If you do not know our HC is a hall of Fame MLB named Mike Singletary. He has this defense playing as a unselfish ball swarming defense who is not out for individual stats. It will take a complete team effort on the defensive side of the ball to stop White,Jenkins,Ryan,Turner and TG and that's what i'm expecting from our defense. We have yet

to allow a 100 yard rusher,rushing TD and a 100 yard reciever.

I resent that, I don't think I made them out to be any different than what I have seen to this point from them.

the only legit O you guys have stopped though was the cards. the vikes put up 27 and if you think the 'hawks and rams are anything to brag on, well c'mon man. i'd bet the university of florida D could stop the rams.

the only legit O you guys have stopped though was the cards. the vikes put up 27 and if you think the 'hawks and rams are anything to brag on, well c'mon man. i'd bet the university of florida D could stop the rams.

We did what we were supposed to do against two bad teams, can't take anything away from us because of that.

We did what we were supposed to do against two bad teams, can't take anything away from us because of that.

then again you can't go around acting like you stopped some elite offenses either.

sayin'. -_-

At At least on our board we welcome Falcon fans...just saying :lol:

:lol: well if you think this is bad you should see what it's like for saints/bucs/panthers/vikings/eagles fans! :lol:

then again you can't go around acting like you stopped some elite offenses either.

sayin'. -_-

:lol: well if you think this is bad you should see what it's like for saints/bucs/panthers/vikings/eagles fans! :lol:

I don't remember saying we beat two elite teams in the Rams and Seahawks... <_<

Just like here, some are welcoming and some aren't. I still like to stick to my own. If someone wants to discuss football with Falcons fans, they can come here. I'm not much for signing up at other boards just for sport. Just be sure to come back and discuss the outcome after the game.

Just like here, some are welcoming and some aren't. I still like to stick to my own. If someone wants to discuss football with Falcons fans, they can come here. I'm not much for signing up at other boards just for sport. Just be sure to come back and discuss the outcome after the game.

For sure. Win,lose or tie I will be back to dish out some KFC or to take an order to go.

*KFC: Kentuky fried Crow :lol:

We're good for it too. I'm hoping for a really competitive game. With the brutal schedule we have coming up, I hope this game is a really good one to prepare us for what we've got coming... not that we're looking past this one. ;)

Like some of your players already admitted in an interview that this 49er team has a very fast,physicall disciplined defense. I know your players are not over looking us and you the fans should not be either. :P