National Football Post/ Bleacher Report Top 30 NFL draft prospects for 2010

1. QB Jake Locker, Washington (6-3, 226)

The nation’s top quarterback prospect.

2. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (6-4, 302)

He’s been downright dominant at times this season.

3. S Eric Berry, Tennessee (5-11, 203)

One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years. Looks like an instant impact player in the NFL.

4. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (6-4, 298)

A disruptive force inside who plays with a great motor and consistently finds the football.

5. OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (6-6, 312)

Picked up right where he left off this week after missing three games with a thyroid condition.

6. QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (6-3, 223)

His ability to play through pain and bring his team from behind the past two weeks really has his stock soaring.

7. ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama (6-4, 256)

Possesses an impressive athletic skill set for his size and has the ability to play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

8. WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State (6-2, 220)

A powerful route runner who displays the short-area quickness to separate out of his breaks and create after the catch.

9. S Taylor Mays, USC (6-3, 235)

Showcased the type of play-making ability last week vs. Cal that makes him a top 10-caliber prospect.

10. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida (6-6, 290)

A gifted physical specimen who is now starting to put in the necessary work at practice to take his game to the next level.

11. DT Terrence Cody, Alabama (6-5, 365)

All the guy does is make everyone around him better. I can’t imagine him lasting very long on draft day.

12. DT Arthur Jones, Syracuse (6-3, 295)

A powerful interior presence who uses his hands well to shed blocks and always seems to be making plays on the football.

13. OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers (6-6, 325)

Showcases the size, power and fluidity to develop into a starting-caliber left tackle at the next level.

14. QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (6-4, 223)

It will be interesting to see how well Bradford plays once he returns behind the Sooners’ spotty offensive line.

15. RB Jahvid Best, California (5-10, 195)

He’s still a big-time weapon in the open field, but opposing defenses have slowed him down in recent weeks by crowding the box.

16. OLB/DE Ricky Sapp, Clemson (6-4, 248)

The guy makes a living behind the line of scrimmage and has the ability to consistently shed blocks and get after the passer.

17. RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech (5-11, 235)

He’s finally starting to get on track this season and is showcasing the type of talent that makes me think he has the ability to be a featured NFL back.

18. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State (6-6, 287)

A physically imposing defensive end who has the makings of an impact three-down lineman at the next level.

19. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson (5-11, 195)

An X-factor on offense who has the ability to create in both the run and pass game.

20. QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (6-7, 238)

He’s red-shirt sophomore who’s draft eligible and possesses a skill set very similar to Ravens QB Joe Flacco.

21. WR Mike Williams, Syracuse (6-2, 204)

An impressive size/speed athlete who can make plays vertically down the field and is a big jump-ball threat.

22. DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina (6-3, 305)

We all knew the physical tools where there, but he’s doing a much better job finding the football this year and using his hands to shed blocks.

23. DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech (6-4, 272)

Possesses the tools to get after the quarterback in a variety of ways.

24. WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois (6-2, 220)

Looked physical and explosive last week vs. Penn State and has the build to make an impact in the NFL from day one.

25. OLB Eric Norwood, South Carolina (6-0, 252)

He isn’t the tallest of linebackers, but the guy is a force when asked to make plays off the edge.

26. DE Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech (6-2, 252)

Exhibits an impressive first step, and his improved power and pad level has really enhanced his ability to get after the passer.

27. RB Noel Devine, West Virginia (5-8, 176)

There’s no denying the kid’s athletic skill set. He looks like a real play-making type scat-back in the NFL.

28. OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (6-5, 302)

Showcases good fluidity and body control in pass protection, but needs to continue to add more base strength.

29. DT Allen Bailey, Miami (6-4, 288)

The physical skill set is there, but he disappears during stretches of games too often.

30. DT Phil Taylor, Baylor (6-4, 355)

A massive interior lineman who has the ability to anchor a defense at the next level.

Super 30 no more:

OT Nate Solder, Colorado (6-9, 305)

Too raw and won’t be ready until 2011.

OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland (6-7, 310)

Injuries have been his toughest opponent so far this season.

CB Joe Haden, Florida (5-11, 190)

How can a guy so physically gifted give up so many plays?

QB Jevan Snead, Mississippi (6-3, 215)

Consistency is the key to Snead’s play if he hopes to rebound.

OLB Rennie Curran, Georgia (5-11, 225)

An undersized linebacker who is really scheme-limited at the next level.

WR Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas (6-3, 200)

Straight-line speed is his biggest question.

OT Jarriel King, South Carolina (6-5, 312)

Doesn’t always take the best of angles off the snap and needs to add a little more polish to his game.

Just missed the cut:

OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina (6-3, 225)

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU (6-2, 257)

QB Tony Pike, Cincinnati (6-6, 226)

DE Greg Hardy, Mississippi (6-4, 265)

QB Colt McCoy, Texas (6-2, 212)

QB Tim Tebow, Florida (6-3, 245)

WR Brandon LaFell, LSU (6-3, 206)

ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida (6-3, 256)

OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri (6-1, 245)

FS Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech (6-1, 210)

TE Ed Dickson, Oregon (6-4, 243)

TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma (6-6, 258)

link

I've got him at #1 with Clausen at #2 and Snead at #3. Then Hiller would be my #4 and then McCoy and Tebow would follow.

It's an interesting list though, thanks for posting Metal.

Locker is an intriguing prospect. I've got him behind Clausen and Bradford (I really think this injury will force him to go pro) and ahead of Snead.

He's an unconventional QB. Almost has a young Donovan McNabb's scrambling ability with better technique throwing the ball.

2. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (6-4, 302)

He’s been downright dominant at times this season.

3. S Eric Berry, Tennessee (5-11, 203)

One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years. Looks like an instant impact player in the NFL.

4. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (6-4, 298)

A disruptive force inside who plays with a great motor and consistently finds the football.

10. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida (6-6, 290)

A gifted physical specimen who is now starting to put in the necessary work at practice to take his game to the next level.

11. DT Terrence Cody, Alabama (6-5, 365)

All the guy does is make everyone around him better. I can’t imagine him lasting very long on draft day.

12. DT Arthur Jones, Syracuse (6-3, 295)

A powerful interior presence who uses his hands well to shed blocks and always seems to be making plays on the football.

18. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State (6-6, 287)

A physically imposing defensive end who has the makings of an impact three-down lineman at the next level.

22. DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina (6-3, 305)

We all knew the physical tools where there, but he’s doing a much better job finding the football this year and using his hands to shed blocks.

25. OLB Eric Norwood, South Carolina (6-0, 252)

He isn’t the tallest of linebackers, but the guy is a force when asked to make plays off the edge.

30. DT Phil Taylor, Baylor (6-4, 355)

A massive interior lineman who has the ability to anchor a defense at the next level.

OLB Rennie Curran, Georgia (5-11, 225)

An undersized linebacker who is really scheme-limited at the next level.

OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina (6-3, 225)

DE Greg Hardy, Mississippi (6-4, 265)

OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri (6-1, 245)

not a bad list to start a draft board with

I've got him at #1 with Clausen at #2 and Snead at #3. Then Hiller would be my #4 and then McCoy and Tebow would follow.

I'm guessing you've seen Locker play now that he's in your Top QBs list -- I remember in your Draft Rankings that you posted in August you didn't have Locker in your Top 5 and that was one of the only things that I took issue with.

I dug up the thread:

The last two posts of the thread are our exchange.

So much for Blount being set up to have a huge year :wacko: what an idiot.

And my main man Brandon Minor is playing second fiddle to Carlos Brown because Brown is a better fit for the spread. I hope we take Minor late since his stock is looking really low right now, I still think he is the most physical back in college football and will make a great pro back in the right system (one like ours).

I'm guessing you've seen Locker play now that he's in your Top QBs list -- I remember in your Draft Rankings that you posted in August you didn't have Locker in your Top 5 and that was one of the only things that I took issue with.

I dug up the thread:

The last two posts of the thread are our exchange.

So much for Blount being set up to have a huge year :wacko: what an idiot.

And my main man Brandon Minor is playing second fiddle to Carlos Brown because Brown is a better fit for the spread. I hope we take Minor late since his stock is looking really low right now, I still think he is the most physical back in college football and will make a great pro back in the right system (one like ours).

Yes sir I just took notes on him versus LSU and I saw parts of the game live against USC but I will re-watch the whole thing one day soon.

And yes I never felt comfortable putting him in my top 5-6 QB rankings list because I had seen Snead play, I had seen Bradford play, I had seen McCoy play and I had seen Clausen play. I was anticipating a good year from Jarrett Brown and while he has been productive I have similar issues with him that I have with Bradford (particularly a lack of anticipation and throwing after the receiver is already open). I just never got to see Locker because he got hurt, so I would have felt uncomfortable putting him up there. He is without a doubt my #1, Clausen is my #2 for sure and honestly I would put Hiller ahead of Snead at this point. I might be the only guy on earth who thinks he is a better QB prospect than Snead right now, but he is just playing awful lately (Snead). In both games I have watched he has forced too many throws downfield and even though he has a NFL arm he has not impressed me at all.

And Cox has not looked very good lately either. I think he could be a game manager but I don't know about a starter at this point.

And Hiller has not had good stats this year but he has looked very good when I have watched tape of him. He won't rise because of his stats and he doesn't have a lot of support around him, but I think he will make himself a good deal of money in the Senior Bowl.

And I would LOVE to get Minor here. That would be a great pick-up especially if he is dropping because he doesn't get a lot of touches. Frankly I would be fine with him or Brown because Minor is a good runner and power back (and I want someone like that to take pressure off of Turner) and because Brown is very versatile and could replace Norwood if we lose him.

And lol no one could have anticipated Blount doing something as stupid as what he actually did. But I have heard rumblings that he may get back onto the team by November and would have a chance to work his way up the depth chart. We will see if anything comes of that and whether or not he gets back on the field.

Edited by NFL Draft Fan 07

Snead has looked terrible this season. He looks uncomfortable hurrying his throws and his overall play has been awful lately. I know he's missing Michael Oher on the left side of the line but he's still missing wide open receivers down the field. Alabama's D and South Carolina's D are NFL caliber defenses and Jevan has struggled horribly. To me, he lacks leadership and passion. He's too busy fixing his helmet hair on the sidelines than improving his performance. I had him as my top QB for 2010 but it now looks like he's 4 or 5. Another year at Ole Miss should help.

1. Jake Locker

2. Sam Bradford

3. Jimmy Clausen

4. Tony Pike

5. Jevan Snead

6. Colt McCoy