3 Douglass, Parker K 5-10 183 South Dakota State

74 Edwards, Steve OL 6-5 350 Central Florida

44 Ezekiel, Liam LB 6-2 246 Northeastern University

4 Frost, Derrick P 6-3 210 Northern Iowa

95 Gray, Derrick DE 6-5 290 Texas Southern

31 Herbert, Robert DB 6-2 195 Colorado State

71 Holmes, Louis DL 6-4 245 Arizona

29 Hutsona, Derrell RB 5-10 196 Washington State, Grossmont College

97 Kees, Ryan DE 6-5 275 St. Cloud State (Minnesota)

52 Kwateng, Prince LB 6-2 235 Northwestern

84 Lawrie, Nate TE 6-6 256 Yale University

24 Lay, Josh CB 6-2 195 Pittsburgh

82 Ledbetter, Branden TE 6’5 250 Western Michigan

27 LeJeune, Norman S 6-0 210 Louisiana State

67 Lentz, Matt OL 6-6 320 Michigan

77 Luellen, Tyler OT 6-7 295 Missouri

65 Mabry, Mike C 6-1 302 Central Florida

54 McCovy, Adrian LB 6’3 240 Arizona

8 McMahon, Mike QB 6-2 215 Rutgers

18 O'Hagan, Liam QB 6-2 208 Harvard

90 Parker, Jason DE 6-3 262 Arizona

23 Patrick, Dominic DB 6-0 217 Arizona

21 Prude, Ronnie DB 5-11 185 LSU

69 Rimpf, Brian OT 6’5 319 East Carolina

20 Ross, Cory RB 5’7 207 Nebraska

79 Ross, Isaiah OL 6-3 320 Nevada

12 Sams, BJ WR 5’10 185 McNeese State

80 Shackelford, Sonny WR 6-2 199 Washington

Sippio, Bobby WR 6’3 215 Western Kentucky

72 Stamper, Brian T 6’5 300 Vanderbilt University

99 Stewart, Jason NT 6-1 320 Fresno State

59 Sundberg, Nick LS 6-1 245 University of California, Berkeley

56 Thomas, Dontarrious LB 6-3 231 Auburn

11 Tolver, Tre’dale WR 5-9 175 Cal Poly

33 Treaudo, Ahmad DB 5’10 185 Southern University

28 Underwood, Marviel DB 5-10 200 San Diego State

37 Unertl, Jeremy DB 6-2 220 Wisconsin- La Crosse

58 Walker, Carl LB 6’3 240 Arizona

43 Washington, John David RB 5’9 208 Morehouse College

19 West, Joe WR 6-1 205 University of Texas-El Paso

78 Williams, Todd OT 6' 5" 325 Florida State

51 Williams, Worrell LB 5-11 241 University of California, Berkeley

LAS VEGAS LOCOMOTIVES

Roster

http://www.ufl-football.com/teams/las_vegas_locomotives/roster

No Player Name Pos Height Weight College

, RB

95 Awasom, Adrian DE 6 -5 280 North Texas

44 Barthel, EJ FB 6-0 240 UMASS

8 Baugher, Danny P 5 -10 194 Arizona

87 Bergen, Adan TE 6-4 257 Lehigh

65 Bibla, Martin OG 6-4 310 University of Miami

79 Boone, Jesse OC 6-5 305 University of Utah

75 Braxton, Brandon OT 6-6 300 Oklahoma

77 Bryant, Wendell NT 6-5 303 Wisconsin

59 Butler, Ezra LB 6-2 248 Nevada

73 Capizzi, Jason OT 6-9 330 Indiana (PA)

24 Dada, Wale DB 6-0 196 Washington State

53 Davis, Frank G 6-4 326 South Florida

27 Dorsey, Dede RB 5-10 205 Lindinwood University

66 Felix, Robbie OL 6-3 295 UTEP

89 Flair, Casey WR 6-1 205 University of Nevada, Las Vegas

9 Gano, Graham K 6-1 197 FSU

94 Gause, George DT 6-5 275 South Carolina

93 Henderson, Eric DE 6-2 256 Georgia Tech

84 Hernandez, Brian WR 6' 192 University of Utah

76 Joyce, Brandon T 6-5 317 Illinois State

80 Kircus, David WR 6-2 192 Grand Valley State

78 Kolodziej, Ross DT 6-3 292 Wisconsin

27 Laybourn, Greg S 5-10 201 Oregon State University

54 Lehman, Teddy LB 6-2 238 Oklahoma

34 Lewis, Jamal DB 6-0 210 Georgia Tech

99 Long, Gabe NT 6-3 290 Utah

7 Losman, JP QB 6-3 218 Tulane

83 Madsen, John TE 6-5 250 University of Utah

98 Mallard, Josh DE 6-2 275 Georgia

12 Michna, Russ QB 6-1 224 Western Illinois University

Moore, Brandon LB 6-1 240 Oklahoma

60 Morales, Rigo LS 6-1 250 Texas A&M Kingsville

89 Nordin, Jake TE 6-3 255 Northern Illinois

52 Palmer, Ronnie LB 6-3 240 Arizona

85 Parker, Sammy WR 5-11 185 University of Oregon

70 Parquet, Jeremy OL 6-6 321 Southern Mississippi

33 Parrish, Tony DB 5-11 210 University of Washington

13 Perry, Tab WR 6-3 215 UCLA

20 Porter, Joe DB 5-11 200 Rutgers

3 Rattay, Tim QB 6-0 200 Louisiana Tech

57 Riley, Marcus FB 6-0 230 Fresno State

97 Sape, Lauvale DT 6-1 296 Utah

39 Scobey, Josh RB

55 Stills, Gary LB 6-2 250 West Virginia

23 Sumrall, Brandon DB 5-10 197 USM

84 Thurman, Andrae WR 5-11 190 Southern Oregon

51 Toal, Brian LB 6-0 238 Boston College

36 Trufant, Isaiah DB 5-7 175 Eastern Washington

21 Turnbull, Nick DB 6-2 222 Florida International

74 Washington, Tavares OL 6-3 300 Florida

31 Young, Trey DB 6-0 210 University of Montana

This is destined to fail. If they can't put people in the seats how are people going to watch on TV. I'd rather watch MLB playoffs or the Thrashers.

Boo

I could not believe they were going the same time as the NFL. I thought the one thing that was interesting was they were supposed to play on Fridays which for me is great there are no other games on. They spent practically nothing on marketing which is surprising for an upstart league. Most people's reaction is one of surprise that it is still happening. Besides Denny Green the other coach is former Giant coach Fassel. Some notable players are JP Losman, Marcel Ship, and Paul Carrington. Inside the locker room and them calling plays on some situations before the play is kind of interesting. I don't see how it would come close to having a big interest but the window into the coaches world is definitely neat.

I could not believe they were going the same time as the NFL. I thought the one thing that was interesting was they were supposed to play on Fridays which for me is great there are no other games on. They spent practically nothing on marketing which is surprising for an upstart league. Most people's reaction is one of surprise that it is still happening. Besides Denny Green the other coach is former Giant coach Fassel. Some notable players are JP Losman, Marcel Ship, and Paul Carrington. Inside the locker room and them calling plays on some situations before the play is kind of interesting. I don't see how it would come close to having a big interest but the window into the coaches world is definitely neat.

Am I the only one that was into the XFL? I mean He Hate Me on the back of Rod Smarts jersey. It's hard to top that. Scrum, anyone?

UFL Rules: Dancing Permitted, No Tuck Rule Among Highlights

Posted Jul 08, 2009 3:50PM By Matt Snyder (RSS feed)

Filed Under: NFL Referees, UFL

Email Print ShareText SizeAAA

The upstart UFL is going to encounter its fair share of problems -- most of which stem from the fact that the NFL is such a monster in the United States. There simply doesn't seem to be room for a competitor. If any of the UFL's differences from the NFL are an indication, though, they have been doing their homework. Some of the main complaints from fans of the NFL have been countered with the UFL's system of relaxed rules, in an effort to be the more "exciting" football league.

Of course, I feel compelled to point out the league with the most exciting players generally seems to be the most exciting league. On that front, the UFL has some work to do. As far as the rules, though, the UFL is distancing itself from the so-called "No Fun League."

"The UFL's Competition Committee looked at the current rules that govern most professional football leagues and determined ways to enhance the overall experience for both the players and the fans," said San Francisco Head Coach Dennis Green and Chair of the League's Competition Committee. "Our mission is to provide greater access to traditionally off-limit locations, including the locker room and behind the bench, to better engage the fans and bring them closer to the action. While enhancing the overall fan experience, the UFL took strict measures not to employ any stunts or gimmicks that would compromise the overall integrity and competitiveness of the game."

So, basically, they'd like to have more fun and provide more access than the NFL, but not get even close to XFL-level absurdities.

A summary of some of the rules differences:

- The notorious "tuck rule" from the NFL is not included. This rule is one of the most discussed, due to the unpopularity among fans and the popularity among officials. In the NFL version, once a passer's arm starts to come forward, it's a pass. Even if he voluntarily puts his hand in front of the ball to stop his pass and drops the ball, it's incomplete and not a fumble. The Cardinals wanted it applied on the final play of the Super Bowl, but the officials correctly ruled Kurt Warner's arm wasn't moving forward before the ball came loose. In the UFL this would have been ruled a fumble without argument [edited for clarity, see comments 1 and 2].

- Fumbling out of the end-zone means the ball will be placed back at the spot of the fumble. In the NFL, it's either a safety or touchback (with a loss of possession) depending upon which team had possession last.

- There is no intentional grounding penalty, whether in the pocket or out; whether under duress or not. The quarterbacks will be allowed to ground the ball. This seems to favor the offense in a big way. Anytime the quarterback is about to get sacked, he could simply throw the ball into the ground. In this case, it would seem only blind-side sacks will occur.

- Sudden-death rules apply in overtime like the NFL, except both teams get at least one possession. So, if one team marches down the field and scores, the opponent will get one chance to match or exceed the score. This is something many fans of the NFL have wanted for some time. It also seems to give some incentive for teams to kick off in overtime, hoping the defense makes a stop and they get good field position. If not, they get a chance to match the score anyway.

- "Tasteful" (good luck defining that, by the way) individual and/or group celebrations will be permitted in the end-zones or bench areas. Only. ("Only" was capitalized and underlined in the press release). We've got to assume the type of dancing that would be a player fined tens of thousands of dollars in the NFL would be acceptable in this league -- judging from the language at hand.

- Instant replay will be used, but only by the replay official. He'll have 90 seconds. This is likely in response to the cries of some fans that NFL referees may not wish to overturn a call someone on their crew has made, for fear it show up the official who made the call. For the record, I don't believe any NFL referees have any intention other than getting the call correct. But, I guess this will quell any fan concerns of something otherwise.

Some broadcast differences:

- Head coaches will be wired for sound-bites during the game, and cameras and microphones will be played along the benches to "capture real-time emotional moments." They won't be airing any strategic discussions, though.

- Coach-to-quarterback communications will be heard by the viewing audiences, on a tape-delayed basis.

- Cameras will be around in the locker rooms for the first four minutes of halftime.

All in all, the UFL is on a better track to build an audience than the XFL, NFL-Europe, WLAF and many other failed entities. Still, the question remains: Is there room for more than one professional football league in America? Arena League held on for a while, but eventually ran out of gas. It just doesn't seem like it can be done, but many fans will enjoy the differences between the NFL and UFL.

HAHAHA Dennis Green is the coach.

LAS VEGAS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!!

LOL, your right about that. They should have got herm edwards, that way when the stands aren't filled and someone ask them why they are even playing he could say "We Play To Win The Game". :lol:

Seriously I hope this league works out, more football to watch during the week would be nice, and I know for a lot of these players it's a second chance to pursue their dreams.

I hated it because of it's owner. He made it too much like WWE. What channel is VS? Forget the kid that would rather watch MLB, you suck just like MLB. This is football season.

WOW, this is off the subject I am replying to, but the kicker for Las Vegas just kicked a 53 yard field goal.

Yeah, XFL was a joke. I believe with all the advertising and marketing it might still be around though if they would have played it like regular football instead of a circus, or the WWF.

I'm not sure where you get your TV service from but vs. on my charter cable is channel 23.

I'll try to give it a chance. I was a huge Arena Football fan but it was a different sport and it took place in the spring when just about any football would do. I thnik the UFL would be better served moving to March or April when people need the football fix. Its got to be better than college spring games.

I watched a good part of the game tonight.

I'm going to give this league a chance.

I'll watch it as long as it's not on when another NFL game is on as of right now. Other than that, this was an good game to watch. I didn't watch it all, I'll admit that, I was in and out of the game. But I liked what I saw.

To be honest with you, I don't know a whole lot about the league, aren't there like 8 teams for the whole league?

I was going to move this thread, but the only appropriate forum was Anything But Football. laugh.gif

In all honesty REV. I thought earlier about posting a thread about the UFL to ask if anybody else was watching the game earlier. I couldn't find no appropriate area to post it in myself so I didn't start a thread. I replied to this thread because, well, I really hoped I could make that comment asking about the name of their championship game, where I ask : 'What's it called : "The Scrubbing Bubbles Bowl".

Well I tried to make a joke, but I guess I made boo boo. :o :ph34r: :lol: Sorry....

UFL Rules: Dancing Permitted, No Tuck Rule Among Highlights

Posted Jul 08, 2009 3:50PM By Matt Snyder (RSS feed)

Filed Under: NFL Referees, UFL

Email Print ShareText SizeAAA

The upstart UFL is going to encounter its fair share of problems -- most of which stem from the fact that the NFL is such a monster in the United States. There simply doesn't seem to be room for a competitor. If any of the UFL's differences from the NFL are an indication, though, they have been doing their homework. Some of the main complaints from fans of the NFL have been countered with the UFL's system of relaxed rules, in an effort to be the more "exciting" football league.

Of course, I feel compelled to point out the league with the most exciting players generally seems to be the most exciting league. On that front, the UFL has some work to do. As far as the rules, though, the UFL is distancing itself from the so-called "No Fun League."

"The UFL's Competition Committee looked at the current rules that govern most professional football leagues and determined ways to enhance the overall experience for both the players and the fans," said San Francisco Head Coach Dennis Green and Chair of the League's Competition Committee. "Our mission is to provide greater access to traditionally off-limit locations, including the locker room and behind the bench, to better engage the fans and bring them closer to the action. While enhancing the overall fan experience, the UFL took strict measures not to employ any stunts or gimmicks that would compromise the overall integrity and competitiveness of the game."

So, basically, they'd like to have more fun and provide more access than the NFL, but not get even close to XFL-level absurdities.

A summary of some of the rules differences:

- The notorious "tuck rule" from the NFL is not included. This rule is one of the most discussed, due to the unpopularity among fans and the popularity among officials. In the NFL version, once a passer's arm starts to come forward, it's a pass. Even if he voluntarily puts his hand in front of the ball to stop his pass and drops the ball, it's incomplete and not a fumble. The Cardinals wanted it applied on the final play of the Super Bowl, but the officials correctly ruled Kurt Warner's arm wasn't moving forward before the ball came loose. In the UFL this would have been ruled a fumble without argument [edited for clarity, see comments 1 and 2].

- Fumbling out of the end-zone means the ball will be placed back at the spot of the fumble. In the NFL, it's either a safety or touchback (with a loss of possession) depending upon which team had possession last.

- There is no intentional grounding penalty, whether in the pocket or out; whether under duress or not. The quarterbacks will be allowed to ground the ball. This seems to favor the offense in a big way. Anytime the quarterback is about to get sacked, he could simply throw the ball into the ground. In this case, it would seem only blind-side sacks will occur.

- Sudden-death rules apply in overtime like the NFL, except both teams get at least one possession. So, if one team marches down the field and scores, the opponent will get one chance to match or exceed the score. This is something many fans of the NFL have wanted for some time. It also seems to give some incentive for teams to kick off in overtime, hoping the defense makes a stop and they get good field position. If not, they get a chance to match the score anyway.

- "Tasteful" (good luck defining that, by the way) individual and/or group celebrations will be permitted in the end-zones or bench areas. Only. ("Only" was capitalized and underlined in the press release). We've got to assume the type of dancing that would be a player fined tens of thousands of dollars in the NFL would be acceptable in this league -- judging from the language at hand.

- Instant replay will be used, but only by the replay official. He'll have 90 seconds. This is likely in response to the cries of some fans that NFL referees may not wish to overturn a call someone on their crew has made, for fear it show up the official who made the call. For the record, I don't believe any NFL referees have any intention other than getting the call correct. But, I guess this will quell any fan concerns of something otherwise.

Some broadcast differences:

- Head coaches will be wired for sound-bites during the game, and cameras and microphones will be played along the benches to "capture real-time emotional moments." They won't be airing any strategic discussions, though.

- Coach-to-quarterback communications will be heard by the viewing audiences, on a tape-delayed basis.

- Cameras will be around in the locker rooms for the first four minutes of halftime.

All in all, the UFL is on a better track to build an audience than the XFL, NFL-Europe, WLAF and many other failed entities. Still, the question remains: Is there room for more than one professional football league in America? Arena League held on for a while, but eventually ran out of gas. It just doesn't seem like it can be done, but many fans will enjoy the differences between the NFL and UFL.

Having no intentional grounding is straight up BS. The idea of hearing the tape delayed coach/qb communication is pretty cool. Along with being in the locker room for the first four minutes of halftime. Imagine seeing Smitty in the First four minutes in the locker room from halftime two sundays ago.