Should I do Dish Network (instead of Comcast Cable)?

I currently use Comcast for internet, phone and cable tv. I now see advertised dish network tv for 19.95 per month for a whole year (bronze package, whatever that means) and free hd dvr receiver. what are the pros and cons of dish network and does this sound like a good deal? with comcast I have internet phone and tv all packaged together.

thanks

i have dish and there are a lot of pros

cheaper packages

better HD

Great DVR's the equipment is phenomenally better than tivo

Great customer Support

ESPNU is part of the 250 channel package for free

Cons

some spotty issues in bad weather but honestly they have just about got all that worked out over the years not near as bad as a couple of years ago

i wouldnt go for the bronze package its the lowest one ask for the 250 pack i have that and HBO and my bill is 115 but if you dont watch HBO its only like 90 bucks

i have dish and there are a lot of pros

cheaper packages

better HD

Great DVR's the equipment is phenomenally better than tivo

Great customer Support

ESPNU is part of the 250 channel package for free

Cons

some spotty issues in bad weather but honestly they have just about got all that worked out over the years not near as bad as a couple of years ago

i wouldnt go for the bronze package its the lowest one ask for the 250 pack i have that and HBO and my bill is 115 but if you dont watch HBO its only like 90 bucks

I did direct TV to get rid of Comcast, like SW said, the only bad thing is the weather, it will hose it up if your in a bad thunderstorm. But its tons better then comcast. Comcast ticked me off I had more than one TV and they gave me one of their cheap cable boxes and I had to go to the location to pick it up. I was standing in line for like a hour and they had people coming in dropping their service and letting them in line ahead of us. Till people complained. I mean its a real f--ked up company to make your paying customers wait and serve the people that are leaving your service first. Why the next time I was one of the customers leaving. :P

I wouldn't do Comcast again unless it was the ONLY service I could get. ;)

There are many pros and cons to satellite vs. comcast for television coverage. I have had both and honestly I would be ok with either one.

The one area where Comcast is head and shoulders better than almost anything available now is in high speed residential internet service. Better than DSL, air cards, dial up and any available satellite srevice by miles and its not even close.

Well, with DISH you can actually bundle it with your phone, internet, and cellphone (if you use AT&T) because they are all owned by the same company. My family does this and it's a pretty good option. Like everyone else said, the only real issue with DISH or any satellite company is the spotty function during bad weather, but it's gotten a lot better lately.