Georgia receiver King sidelined

Dawgy

looks like Marlon will get his shot....

ATHENS –- Georgia probably will be without wide receiver Tavarres King for Saturday's game at Tennessee, further thinning an already-thin position.

UGA coach Mark Richt said Wednesday "it's very unlikely [King] will travel" to Knoxville after suffering a concussion in last week's loss to LSU. King, a redshirt freshman, has not practiced this week.

He has started three of Georgia's first five games, catching 10 passes for 170 yards and one touchdown. He ranks third on the team in receptions (behind A.J. Green and Michael Moore) and second in receiving yards (behind Green).

Richt said he wasn't sure when in last week's game King suffered the concussion. He caught a key 46-yard pass on a scoring drive in the game's final two minutes.

King's status leaves Georgia with just five healthy scholarship receivers –- Green, Moore, Rantavious Wooten, Israel Troupe and Marlon Brown. Troupe and Brown have appeared in three and one games this season, respectively, but neither has caught a pass.

"All hands will be on deck [saturday]," Richt said.

Could that mean a breakout opportunity for Brown, the highly touted freshman from Memphis, as he returns to his home state?

"He's one step closer than he was before Tavarres got hurt," Richt said. "And he's also been improving all along -– not a whole lot different maybe than what was happening with [freshman tailback] Washaun Ealey," who made his debut last week.

Sucks, but I honestly don't think we're THAT thin considering we have AJ, Mike Moore (who's disappeared), Wooten, Brown and that we like to come out with a lot of sets that use the TEs and FBs.

right now we have just 3 players with any playing experience at wr.. we are very thin. troupe and marlon are unknowns right now.. losing tavarres hurts a lot IMO. hopefully the unknowns can step it up.

right now we have just 3 players with any playing experience at wr.. we are very thin. troupe and marlon are unknowns right now.. losing tavarres hurts a lot IMO. hopefully the unknowns can step it up.

Israel Troupe...talk about forgotten man.

I feel good about the talent there though, just haven't gotten a chance to see them play. I still kind of feel like we're not utilizing Orson Charles at TE as much as we could, but that's just me.