RapidReports

For the lazy:

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

1:43:37 pm Falcons DE John Abraham said he expects 49ers RB Frank Gore to play Sunday, adding he thinks very highly of him. "When (Gore's) healthy, he's one of the best," he said.

1:42:54 pm Falcons DE Kroy Biermann was asked about the team chemistry on the defensive line, especially with the loss of DT Peria Jerry (knee) for the season. "If tou don't have chemistry with the team then you're not going to have success," he said. "You're always trying to build that in, to have a great team atmosphere."

1:42:02 pm Falcons QB Matt Ryan on worrying about outside expectations: "I don't think any of us are concerned with what everyone else is expecting out of us. We're concerned with what we expect out of ourselves."

1:41:13 pm Falcons S William Moore said he should be ready this Sunday, and expects to see some playing time against the 49ers. "I'll definitely get my opportunity with this being my first NFL game and I'm very excited about getting out there and showing everyone what I can do."

1:40:43 pm Falcons S William Moore said he got some good work in practice during the bye week. "The bye week couldn't have come at a better time," Moore said. "It's my first week back at 100 percent. Going over the defense, I got a chance to run with the 1s and it felt good. It was an important week for me."

1:40:10 pm At least one Falcon has seen just-signed WR Michael Crabtree. SWilliam Moore, of Missouri, played against Crabtree, of Texas Tech, in college and offered his take on him. "I've seen him up close and in person," Moore said. "Crabtree is an excellent player. I look forward to playing him. He's one of those explosive players, you never know when he'll break loose. And I hope he gets on the field this week."

1:36:32 pm There was once a time in the NFL when there weren't too many pass-catching tight ends. Now, there's a bunch, and Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez offered his opinion on why that it is. "Because of the matchup it creates," he said. "If you're a tight end that can get down the field, get open and catch in traffic, it creates a huge matchup. And it's always an outlet for the QB because we're closer to them."

1:33:57 pm The 49ers finally signed rookie WR Michael Crabtree today, and Falcons CB Chris Houston said the team will assume he'll be on the field Sunday. "Yes, we expect him to be ready but he missed so much time that we don't know," Houston said.

1:33:16 pm Falcons CB Chris Houston said there's one player that stands out on San Francisco's offense: "No. 85, Vernon Davis. He's a beast, he can run."

1:32:46 pm Falcons FB Ovie Mughelli on if traveling to San Francisco could be bothersome due to the time difference: "Only if you let it. You have to go to sleep earlier and get adjusted to the time schedule but you don't care what time it is when it's time to play."

1:31:46 pm Falcons LB Curtis Lofton had a week to re-watch game film from this season and noticed two things. "We're not shutting down the run and we're not getting off the field on third downs," he said. "Coming into this week we have to correct all that."

1:31:06 pm Sure, the Falcons running game hasn't performed like it did last year. But RB Michael Turner isn't worried, given where Atlanta stands. "We're 2-1, so as long as we get the win I'm OK," Turner said. "But the good thing is we're 2-1 and we can still improve and get better at it."

1:30:14 pm Falcons RB Michael Turner offered a simple solution to get the offense revved up this week against San Francisco. "We have to be more sound and play assignment football," Turner said.

Falcons S William Moore said he got some good work in practice during the bye week. "The bye week couldn't have come at a better time," Moore said. "It's my first week back at 100 percent. Going over the defense, I got a chance to run with the 1s and it felt good. It was an important week for me."

Anyone else get excited about that maybe Willie will get a chance to be a full time starter by the end of the year.