The one thing worries me more than Jerry's injury

The thing that worrys me more than Jerrys injury is the fact that we went into the game at NE with a fundamentally flawed gameplan and failed to make the necessary adjustments as the game happened.

We needed to hit Brady on defense by bringing pressure up the middle so he couldn't step up in the pocket. We did neither. We got no sacks, no pressure, and Brady had plenty of opportunities to step up in a clean pocket with no one in his face as his tackles rode our ends past the pocket.

The Giants set the blueprint for how to beat the Patriots and the Jets repeated it the week before our game.

Its almost as if our staff was like theyll be expecting us to come up in the middle in Bradys face and be ready so well do the opposite and sit back and let him tear us apart. You know he missed a couple easy TDs.

White had 4 catches and Gonzo had 1. Turner had 15 carries for a subpar amount of yards.

Terrible.

Next week is a huge test for this staff

The thing that worrys me more than Jerrys injury is the fact that we went into the game at NE with a fundamentally flawed gameplan and failed to make the necessary adjustments as the game happened.

We needed to hit Brady on defense by bringing pressure up the middle so he couldn't step up in the pocket. We did neither. We got no sacks, no pressure, and Brady had plenty of opportunities to step up in a clean pocket with no one in his face as his tackles rode our ends past the pocket.

The Giants set the blueprint for how to beat the Patriots and the Jets repeated it the week before our game.

Its almost as if our staff was like theyll be expecting us to come up in the middle in Bradys face and be ready so well do the opposite and sit back and let him tear us apart. You know he missed a couple easy TDs.

White had 4 catches and Gonzo had 1. Turner had 15 carries for a subpar amount of yards.

Terrible.

I was very concerned about the game plan also. Not just the game plan but the lack of effective adjustments as well.

The NE game showed how far we are from a SB. Last year everything fell into place, it was easy, now with a tougher schedule we're going to find out a ton about this HC. I don't lick him or TD like everyone else, they're ok, nothing spectaclar.

So you gonna report us to the AJC again?

why I avoid this place is because anyone with a different view gets blasted as a troll and a hater, now there's an easy button to click to take your anger out on then real fans get banned for no good reason other than not living in this wonderful world of the falcons where TD is a genius and Smith makes no mistakes.

you guys can live in this fairy world, reality is this team isn't nearly as good as most on here think

just because some are more realistic than others doesn't make them a hater

Terrible.

My thoughts too. I thought the game plan and adjustments were nonexistent or bad.Were it not for the rust on Brady he would have torched us even more. Several bad throws would have been TD's were they normal Brady throws. He had all day to throw.

Edited by nosweatboyz

My thoughts too. I thought the game plan and adjustments were nonexistent or bad.Were it not for the rust on Brady he would have torched us even more. Several bad throws would have been TD's were they normal Brady throws. He had all day to throw.

It amazes me that everyone gives Brady leeway for having some rust but none for our offense. If we had not been rusty ourselves Brady might not have had all those opportunities. It was our first road game of the year. Am I the only one who expected our offense to struggle some? I was counting on our defense to help us win the game which is where it all went wrong.

You call yourselfes Falcon fans. We lost to a team that won 3 SB, went 16-0, has played in the playoffs countless times, and a hall of famer coach and QB. And act like the walls are comeing down for us. Be logical.

This year's Patriots are not the team that went 16-0. They are not the team that won 3 Super Bowls. All new team. I think the problem was our coaching staff was in awe (like you) of the Patriots. The players followed the coaches lead. Notice when Mike Smith is fired up and coaches aggressively, the team does the same in their style of play?

I sensed a fear of the Patriots in game planning, coaching and playing.

You call yourselfes Falcon fans. We lost to a team that won 3 SB, went 16-0, has played in the playoffs countless times, and a hall of famer coach and QB. And act like the walls are comeing down for us. Be logical.

So, if the Falcons make it to the SB and lose to the Patriots...chalk it up as logic?

if You look at the NE GAME.. We were moving the ball well till Turner Fumbled. After that we were unable to convert 3 down.... Which has been our key to Victory in most of the game...

Also 4 and 5 on NE 38 killed the Offense confidence. I'm not sure what Coach was thinking. Again I'll give him a pass because it's ok to make mistake early in the season than the crucial time.

I don't care how bad our D played or how many yards they allowed .. But they Kept out Offense in the game for 3+ Quarter.. Our Offense couldn't keep our D off the field after 2 Quarter 7 minutes in the game...

We all had Lofty Expectations for our team this year and

each and every loss will be deflating.

The thing to keep in mind is that there will be more than one loss this year.

Teams will game plan for us and just bring it.

Also:

We have a very tough schedule, each and every weakness is going to be

exploited this year.

The real question is who will rise up ?

We all had Lofty Expectations for our team this year and

each and every loss will be deflating.

The thing to keep in mind is that there will be more than one loss this year.

Teams will game plan for us and just bring it.

Also:

We have a very tough schedule, each and every weakness is going to be

exploited this year.

The real question is who will rise up ?

I just want to have a winning season. I expected growing pains.

Good coaching and picking the right players will overcome being so young

(See Bill Belichick)

I didn't see the game, wasn't televised in my area, but I felt good about the Falcons chances, and was disappointed with the result....I'm sick of the Patriots success, and all the hype that follows them.

Any time they lose is a good time for me. I'll say the same about the Cowboys.

Terrible.

I understand your frustration, but...

Falcons don't have the Giants or Jets D personnel.

"bring pressure up the middle"- with a collection of 3 NTs consisting of a rookie who never played in a game, a man who missed two years with injury and another one who'd been out of football for two years?

I don't think its a poor game plan as just poor execution of it- did you see how often the falcon Dlinemen lost contain by rushing upfield?

This D will get better with every game as the players learn the system- look at the improvement Decoud made from week 1 to week 2- if its still this way at the end of the year, then we have a problem.

Our biggest problems on D is its leader. Bran VanGorder is not now nor has he ever been a Quality Defensive Coordinator he.

At best he a a good positionally coach.

BVG is one of the best and brightest young coordinators in the league. And you can't even string together a coherant sentence.

Last year he did more with less than any other defense in the NFL. We are one of, if not the youngest defenses in football, so give him some time and you will see that we are very fortunate to have him as our coordinator.

Our biggest problems on D is its leader. Bran VanGorder is not now nor has he ever been a Quality Defensive Coordinator he.

At best he a a good positionally coach.

I couldnt agree more with this,

some one, please show me where BVG has had success at a high level

or was an aprentice to some defensive genius????

he has never shown anything, he had a couple of good years....at the college level, i am wondering how long it will take before Coach Smith takes over play calling??

at least Mularkey had some great years with Pittsburgh

I just want to have a winning season. I expected growing pains.

Good coaching and picking the right players will overcome being so young

(See Bill Belichick)

I have been watching our Falcons since Day 1 and all I want is the playoff's.

We are in Y2 of rebuilding and there will be mis fires and setbacks.

Jerry is a terrible setback for the D Line.

We are also carrying some of Pigtrino's garbage too.

YKW alsi left us a mess to clean up too. (Salary Cap)

Her is my Told You So for the Year.

(Im telling me too btw)

I think our Defense is terrible and I have never been a fan or believer in BVG.

Should our Defense Rise up and play beyond their individual limits

then BVG will be a Highly Regarded DC in the NFL.

With our schedule we will know by week 8 one way or another.