Is it just me or is this division not exactly ideal right now?

Finally

I think it is better for a division to have almost all tough opponents or all weak but this half and half thing is going to make it harder on the one with the tougher schedule to take the division.

I hate to say it but I think we need Carolina to wake up and take one of those games from NO. The Saints could fall apart by the end of the season but, if not, and we split games with them, we really need Carolina to split with them too.

Its the uneven schedules more than anything else. The early bye, playing 4 teams coming off a bye, the disparate home/away matchups, and obviously the strength of the teams we play vs. who NO plays. Throw in a Saints game vs. the McNabb-less Eagles and it is just a lot to overcome.

The good news is that we still get to play them twice. We will have a chance to earn this division by winning both of those games.

historically speaking the panthers have always been a problem for the saints so we may get some help there, however for that same reason we have to take care of the bucs

I agree I just hope they are up for the challenge this year. I think they win this week and may start building some positive momentum.

You are right about the bucs though. Division games are hard to predict and they can make a bad team look good and a good team look bad.

I don't think it will be to hard to beat New Orleans. 1st of all, I will be in town talking so much trash to the Saints fans it will carry over to the team. 2nd, the Saints really haven't done to much to win games. They put up 40+ points on Detroit, that's what your suppose to do to a team like that. 3rd, they beat Philly, I hate to say it but without Donovan McNabb. 4th the beat Buffalo, here is a team that paid all that money to T.O and they aren't throwing him the ball. 5th, they beat the JETS who has a rookie QB, yeah they did beat the Patriots but they caught Brady on a bad day.

So I'm not worried about going into New Orleans and coming out with a VICTORY, they haven't proven anything to me yet. Brees hasn't thrown 200+ yards since Detroit...

Here we go with another one of these "I hope the Saints fall off and start losing" threads. You are already talking like we have come close to winning the division. This stuff matters when the regular season gets close to an end. Atlanta's destiny is in Atlanta's hands. Heck, I WISH Atlanta has a breakdown also and starts losing games, but in reality, I know you are a good team and the Saints have to play well to keep yall off our backs. Your setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don't think it will be to hard to beat New Orleans. 1st of all, I will be in town talking so much trash to the Saints fans it will carry over to the team. 2nd, the Saints really haven't done to much to win games. They put up 40+ points on Detroit, that's what your suppose to do to a team like that. 3rd, they beat Philly, I hate to say it but without Donovan McNabb. 4th the beat Buffalo, here is a team that paid all that money to T.O and they aren't throwing him the ball. 5th, they beat the JETS who has a rookie QB, yeah they did beat the Patriots but they caught Brady on a bad day.

So I'm not worried about going into New Orleans and coming out with a VICTORY, they haven't proven anything to me yet. Brees hasn't thrown 200+ yards since Detroit...

Brady had a bad game vs us too... and it didnt help us..

Did you see how many times brady missed a wide open receiver?? How many drops NE wrs had specifically Joe Galloway

:lol:

Of all the teams out there, you would think a Saints fan would've learned by now that starting hot doesn't equal finishing hot. You guys are kings of the second half implosion. Perhaps a walk down memory lane would give you enough perspective to wipe the smug smile off your face.

I hope both teams are healthy when we meet so there are no excuses from either side.

Here we go with another one of these "I hope the Saints fall off and start losing" threads. You are already talking like we have come close to winning the division. This stuff matters when the regular season gets close to an end. Atlanta's destiny is in Atlanta's hands. Heck, I WISH Atlanta has a breakdown also and starts losing games, but in reality, I know you are a good team and the Saints have to play well to keep yall off our backs. Your setting yourself up for disappointment.

This is not about the saints falling off as much as the division and our schedules. With 2 teams hot and 2 teams not the advantage goes to the team with the easier schedule. Anything could happen but right now on paper we have the bigger hill to climb.

Now as if you had not had enough luck early on Manning hurting his foot is certainly not bad news for the saints. He has plenty of time to heal and adjust by the time we face them.

This is not about the saints falling off as much as the division and our schedules. With 2 teams hot and 2 teams not the advantage goes to the team with the easier schedule. Anything could happen but right now on paper we have the bigger hill to climb.

Now as if you had not had enough luck early on Manning hurting his foot is certainly not bad news for the saints. He has plenty of time to heal and adjust by the time we face them.

Excuses, excuses. That's my whole point. A good football team plays through these things and finds a way to the top. I'm not saying that is the Saints because the season is early, but it's just a general statement. Look, last year we had could have made excuses for our season. Almost every significant player we had on the team miss time or was on the IR. I think we had the 2nd most people on the IR (2nd to the Bengals). That's the way of the league, some people get hurt and you have to make up for it. Heck, if you ask me, we were due to have a little good fortune after being injured for the last couple years. Seems pretty balanced to me. You guys had your chance last year, destiny in your own hands, and didn't make the most out of it. New year, new challenges. The good teams always find a way through. Neither of our teams have proved to do that consistently. If we do, it'll make our teams stronger at the end of the day. Heck, one example, our Pro-Bowl Left Tackle is out for the season already. Big loss for us, but we find a way to keep Brees blind side protected. Adversity isn't a matter of IF, it's more of WHEN.

Edited by CaliSaint4Life

Of all the teams out there, you would think a Saints fan would've learned by now that starting hot doesn't equal finishing hot. You guys are kings of the second half implosion. Perhaps a walk down memory lane would give you enough perspective to wipe the smug smile off your face.

I hope both teams are healthy when we meet so there are no excuses from either side.

Since Payton came with a new regime, tell me the last time we had a 2nd half implosion to our season.

I think it is better for a division to have almost all tough opponents or all weak but this half and half thing is going to make it harder on the one with the tougher schedule to take the division.

I hate to say it but I think we need Carolina to wake up and take one of those games from NO. The Saints could fall apart by the end of the season but, if not, and we split games with them, we really need Carolina to split with them too.

Carolina isnt as bad as there record, I think theyll take a game from NO

I hear you, and it's early in the season. But watching the Saints, I think we are playing for a wildcard in December. They play Detroit and the Rams, but we play Chicago and the 49ers. They don't need an edge, so giving them one even that small is a big deal. I can't wait to play them though. Those should be great games. The great news is that Chicago looks like the real competition for the other wildcard. I think Chicago, and the second place team in the south (hey the Saints look good, but I am not going to "crown their ***") are 5 and 6 come January.

Carolina isnt as bad as there record, I think theyll take a game from NO

If they can take a game from the Saints, they can take one from us. I think your wrong though. I think the Saints and the Falcons sweep the Bucs and the Panthers this year. Someone will fall apart and drop a bad one somewhere, I hope it's not us though, because that's going to make the difference.

Excuses, excuses. That's my whole point. A good football team plays through these things and finds a way to the top. I'm not saying that is the Saints because the season is early, but it's just a general statement. Look, last year we had could have made excuses for our season. Almost every significant player we had on the team miss time or was on the IR. I think we had the 2nd most people on the IR (2nd to the Bengals). That's the way of the league, some people get hurt and you have to make up for it. Heck, if you ask me, we were due to have a little good fortune after being injured for the last couple years. Seems pretty balanced to me. You guys had your chance last year, destiny in your own hands, and didn't make the most out of it. New year, new challenges. The good teams always find a way through. Neither of our teams have proved to do that consistently. If we do, it'll make our teams stronger at the end of the day. Heck, one example, our Pro-Bowl Left Tackle is out for the season already.Big loss for us, but we find a way to keep Brees blind side protected. Adversity isn't a matter of IF, it's more of WHEN.

Talking down to me will not get you far. I am not making excuses I am stating simple facts. I am in no way giving up on our Falcons to win the division this year. What I am saying is that if we have similiar success inside the division right now one of us has an easier road than the other.

You make it sound like no team in the NFL gets help winning the division. HELLO. Unless a team is undefeated they probably got help either with their division opponents being ridiculously bad or their division opponents losing games. We only face you twice a year so it is not like the division will be settled in those two games. If you have more gimme games in a year than we do it makes our hill a little higher to climb so we might need help. It is not like it doesn't happen EVERY year with some teams. Last year we needed your help to take the division and you lost. We needed TB to start losing and they did. We were 11-5 for the season and still needed help. It happens.

The next 5 weeks will tell the story. NO has NYG, Mia, Atl and Carolina after their bye this week. If you guys show up and handle your game it will be tough for us to catch up. However, losing to the Giants, Atlanta and Carolina (doubtful)...could play into our hands.

Should get interesting!

Falclown fans will invent new excuses. That is the nature of born losers. B)

Talking down to me will not get you far. I am not making excuses I am stating simple facts. I am in no way giving up on our Falcons to win the division this year. What I am saying is that if we have similiar success inside the division right now one of us has an easier road than the other.

You make it sound like no team in the NFL gets help winning the division. HELLO. Unless a team is undefeated they probably got help either with their division opponents being ridiculously bad or their division opponents losing games. We only face you twice a year so it is not like the division will be settled in those two games. If you have more gimme games in a year than we do it makes our hill a little higher to climb so we might need help. It is not like it doesn't happen EVERY year with some teams. Last year we needed your help to take the division and you lost. We needed TB to start losing and they did. We were 11-5 for the season and still needed help. It happens.

First off, I don't mean to talk down to you. If I come across like that, I apologize.

Now, my point was. It's a bit early for that, and I said that in one of my posts earlier. We all have HUGE affects on how the division turns out, but after 4 games, I think it's a bit too early to tell. We could all go on winning or losing streaks.

Edited by CaliSaint4Life

Division games are always a toss-up even with a weak TB this year. The Saints will take a loss or 2 in the division, and they will be fighting to stay healthy just like the rest of the teams. It's a long season, and there are no guarantees.

Don't go penciling them in as champs just yet.

First off, I don't mean to talk down to you. If I come across like that, I apologize.

Now, my point was. It's a bit early for that, and I said that in one of my posts earlier. We all have HUGE affects on how the division turns out, but after 4 games, I think it's a bit too early to tell. We could all go on winning or losing streaks.

So your point was that it is too early? I read that somewhere else, where was it? Oh yeah... THE THREAD TITLE.

I didn't run over your dog I just said you have an easier road. I have no idea why you are balking at this. Anything could happen and the NFL season has a way of diminishing good teams while letting others get hot at crucial moments. All of this is stating the obvious.

You'd think you'd be happy that currently on paper you are our major competition instead of giving me grief over it. When you get good news from your doctor do you argue with him that something bad could happen later?

Sheesh.

Don't go penciling them in as champs just yet.

I agree.

EDIT:

I just compared schedules with them.

Do you guys realize that their away schedule is:

Dolphins

Rams

Bucs

Redskins

Falcons

Panthers

Assuming we split with them, their toughest opponents BY FAR-they have the luxury of playing at home. I think we're fighting for wildcard.

Even if they lose their home games to: Dallas, Giants and Pats, They still will likely sweep TB and Car. That puts them at 12-4 (splitting with us). To be honest, Dallas isn't playing very well now either. That is a cream-puff schedule. Could things be going any better for this team?

Edited by iseeharvey

I agree.

EDIT:

I just compared schedules with them.

Do you guys realize that their away schedule is:

Dolphins

Rams

Bucs

Redskins

Falcons

Panthers

Assuming we split with them, their toughest opponents BY FAR-they have the luxury of playing at home. I think we're fighting for wildcard.

Even if they lose their home games to: Dallas, Giants and Pats, They still will likely sweep TB and Car. That puts them at 12-4 (splitting with us). To be honest, Dallas isn't playing very well now either. That is a cream-puff schedule. Could things be going any better for this team?

Correct. That is the VERY reason I started this way too early thread. Right now on paper they have the easier schedule. One of their toughest games just got a little easier thanks to Manning's foot too.